Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Carter158
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't load playlists

Hello! I've just formatted my SD card on my mobile device and updated to the new spotify software. But when i logon to the mobile device the playlists wont appear it just says loading

• Regular
  • Hello! I've just formatted my SD card on my mobile device and updated to the new spotify software. But when i logon to the mobile device the playlists wont appear it just says loading 
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on my HTC Thunderbolt

For the last week I've been unable to access my music on my mobile phone. I get the message, "Spotify is offline." I have a paid subscription and am listening to my music now online via my laptop, so what is going on that I cannot access the music vi...

• For the last week I've been unable to access my music on my mobile phone.  I get the message, "Spotify is offline."  I have a paid subscription and am listening to my music now online via m...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All music is muted when transferred to SD card

Hello, I have to transfer my music from my phone USB to my SD card. The reason being is because there is no way on my phone I can set up Spotify to sync straight to my SD card, it's so annoying. As I do not have all the space on my USB card, I have t...

• Hello,   I have to transfer my music from my phone USB to my SD card. The reason being is because there is no way on my phone I can set up Spotify to sync straight to my SD card, it's so ann...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

LOL about your "app"

Why can't I seem to find the directory in which Spotify saves offline data? Why can't I manually change this directory? Why is synching such pain in the ass? I always have to look if it's not just stopped again and restart the download manually. Why ...

• Not applicable
  • Why can't I seem to find the directory in which Spotify saves offline data? Why can't I manually change this directory? Why is synching such pain in the ass? I always have to look if it's not jus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! If your offline, you can only listen to the playlists when you downloaded it..WHAT?!

Hey Guys.Please help me!My Offline-Mode on my android phone doesnt work. That sucks. A LOT!There comes always: Song isnt available. BUT WHY?! How can i download my playlist?It doesnt work. NOTHING WORKS! -.-Only when im online. PS: on my notebook, th...

• Hey Guys. Please help me! My Offline-Mode on my android phone doesnt work. That sucks. A LOT! There comes always:&...
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Inconsistent terms of Premium trial

It states on the mobile page (https://www.spotify.com/us/mobile/overview/) that listening is free, without requiring Premium. When I acquired and ran the android app, it said I had only a 48-hour trial to enjoy listening on mobile, and I see on my de...

• Casual Listener
  • It states on the mobile page (https://www.spotify.com/us/mobile/overview/) that listening is free, without requiring Premium.  When I acquired and ran the android app, it said I had only a 48-ho...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Feature request: Media Router API of JellyBean

The new Android 4.1 JellyBean has a new API/Button called Media Router. What it's doing?If you're connected to a Bluetooth Speaker or Headset you have a button within your app to quickly change between playback via Bluetooth or playback directly thro...

• Casual Listener
  • The new Android 4.1 JellyBean has a new API/Button called Media Router.  What it's doing? If you're connected to a Bluetooth Speaker or Headset you have a button within your app to quickly...
  • Neckaros
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! storage

Does the downloaded songs, or songs that have been synced to your phone when you star them...if you unstar them, do they free up storage space? I am about 94 percent completed but its telling me i'm low on space. how can i free some up? i have the sp...

• Does the downloaded songs, or songs that have been synced to your phone when you star them...if you unstar them, do they free up storage space? I am about 94 percent completed but its telling me i'm ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

A multitude of issues and problems with Android app - and a possible solution for me

I've been avoiding posting on this forum as I've been hoping that Spotify would sort out my issues via email as I'd searched the forums and there didn't seem to be any fixes for the problems I was having . However, I first emailed Spotify on 14 June ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been avoiding posting on this forum as I've been hoping that Spotify would sort out my issues via email as I'd searched the forums and there didn't seem to be any fixes for the problems I was ha...
  • tahirk
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Won't let me go online.

The new Android won't go online at all. This is regardless of whether using WiFi or 3G, regardless of logging in using acount or Facebook. When I'm connected to WiFi on my phone (Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S) and select the go online button on the sett...

• The new Android won't go online at all. This is regardless of whether using WiFi or 3G, regardless of logging in using acount or Facebook. When I'm connected to WiFi on my phone (Sony Ericsson Xperia...
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify crash on android

spotify STOPPES or crashes idk , when i logg in to spotify the only thing that works is search i can't press playlist then the spotify crashes or stoppes

• spotify STOPPES or crashes idk , when i logg in to spotify the only thing that works is search i can't press playlist then the spotify crashes or stoppes
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Getting music

I have a Motorola Zoom and am wondering why spotify does not work on it?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Motorola Zoom and am wondering why spotify does not work on it?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify mobile (Android) won't authenticate last.fm account

Hi there. After the latest update to the Android version of Spotify, I have been having issues with getting my Android device to authenticate my last.fm account. Therefore I am also having problems scrobbling my music. Recently I also changed my pass...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there.   After the latest update to the Android version of Spotify, I have been having issues with getting my Android device to authenticate my last.fm account. Therefore I am also having...
  • nedenom
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

New version ... Unable to play any music!! randomly crashes ... pain in the ass!

After an update to spotify I've been unable to play music well it plays about 10 seconds of music then jumps back to the play list, and this is for offline content. I've tried deleting the cache, re-installing, switching off a playlist from offline m...

• Regular
  • After an update to spotify I've been unable to play music well it plays about 10 seconds of music then jumps back to the play list, and this is for offline content. I've tried deleting the cache, re-...
  • Gabbs
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! the track is not available

Ok so i had spotify working for like 2 or three days and eas loving it now every single song i would listen to says track not available. There is nothing that tells me what to do how to get em back,, upgrade, or how i can fix it... Loved this app but...

• Ok so i had spotify working for like 2 or three days and eas loving it now every single song i would listen to says track not available. There is nothing that tells me what to do how to get em back,...
  • christina5155
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback quality increases when offline mode selected while listening to offline playlists

I suspect Spotify still uses data when listening to offline playlists when mode is online. This also seems to result in a less than optimal (gappy) playback when that data connection becomes unavailable due to for example long a tunnel. When I select...

• I suspect Spotify still uses data when listening to offline playlists when mode is online. This also seems to result in a less than optimal (gappy) playback when that data connection becomes unavai...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems downloading playlists on my Android Incredible 2

So, I upgraded to the premium level in order to stream music on my new Android, Incredible 2 but every time I am trying to download a playlist it only shows the download bar and it stays on 0. Nothing happens. Nothing downloads. What's going on? Plus...

• So, I upgraded to the premium level in order to stream music on my new Android, Incredible 2 but every time I am trying to download a playlist it only shows the download bar and it stays on 0. Nothin...
  • Ragels91
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I am SO annoyed!

I spent all night downloading some songs onto my SD card so that I could listen to music on the train (signal is naff on the route) We are talking about 5GB of songs. SO I do that and close down my phone to charge it. When I turn it on ( already on t...

• Roadie
  • I spent all night downloading some songs onto my SD card so that I could listen to music on the train (signal is naff on the route)   We are talking about 5GB of songs. SO I do that and clos...
  • pcoventry76
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Too many issues...

So I recently decided to be brave and move from my iPhone 4S (have been an iphoner since 1st gen) and moved to the new Samsung Galaxy S3. All is going great and I am enjoying the device, but, my spotify experience has been completely ruined. First of...

• Casual Listener
  • So I recently decided to be brave and move from my iPhone 4S (have been an iphoner since 1st gen) and moved to the new Samsung Galaxy S3.   All is going great and I am enjoying the device, b...
  • mannp
  • Roadie
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify local tracks wireless sync no longer works

Hi, For some reason my Android device no longer appears under "Devices" ever since the Spotify desktop client was updated this morning.. Is there anyway we can revert to old desktop software? Or is there any particular reason why this would stop work...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   For some reason my Android device no longer appears under "Devices" ever since the Spotify desktop client was updated this morning..   Is there anyway we can revert to old des...
  • cadmielp
  • Roadie
  • 18 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 4 likes