Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify sound issues

Hi! I've had my Nexus 5 for a couple of months now and 2 days ago my phone started to reduce the sound level while listening to music with Spotify. The sound level goes to 0 and I can't increase it again unless I press the sound adjustment buttons on...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I've had my Nexus 5 for a couple of months now and 2 days ago my phone started to reduce the sound level while listening to music with Spotify. The sound level goes to 0 and I can't increase it a...
  • LaBlatte
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tablet mode not enabled on Nexus 7

Hi, I installed the Spotify app on my Nexus 7 2012, but the new free "tablet mode" is not available. I only get "shuffle mode" like on smartphones. I suspect it's because of Google's decision to not enable full tablet UI on Nexus 7. But N7 is a table...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I installed the Spotify app on my Nexus 7 2012, but the new free "tablet mode" is not available. I only get "shuffle mode" like on smartphones. I suspect it's because of Google's d...
  • nonstatic
  • 27 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists will not download

I see on here I'm not the only one the sad thing is it was over a year ago when most but there is no fix or solution. Please tell me what it is I can do to get it to work and no I don't have track limit I barely have 200 tracks

• I see on here I'm not the only one the sad thing is it was over a year ago when most but there is no fix or solution. Please tell me what it is I can do to get it to work and no I don't have track li...
  • Greg
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle mode Free vs Premium

Right now I'm using Unlimited version on my laptop and free version on Android. Does shuffle mode works better on Premium then it is on Free version on Android? I mean on free version sometimes it plays too often the same songs of playlist. After las...

• Regular
  • Right now I'm using Unlimited version on my laptop and free version on Android. Does shuffle mode works better on Premium then it is on Free version on Android? I mean on free version sometimes ...
  • pnc
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Spotify w/ Android is SOOOO slow

Currently trying to sync off-line playlists to my DroidX over WiFi. It is taking FOREVER. Does anyone know if there is a better way to sync playlists from Spotify to Android for off-line listening? How about connecting the phone to PC via USB connect...

• Casual Listener
  • Currently trying to sync off-line playlists to my DroidX over WiFi.  It is taking FOREVER.  Does anyone know if there is a better way to sync playlists from Spotify to Android for off-line ...
  • xxrosscoukxx
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

[Android 4.4] Strange sounds when screen is touched

Description: After upgrading Android to Kit Kat on my Nexus 7 (2012) and streaming music online from my premium Spotify account (which I access via WiFi) or playing back music downloaded to my tablet and then send to my stereo receiver via Bluetooth ...

• Gig Goer
  • Description: After upgrading Android to Kit Kat on my Nexus 7 (2012) and streaming music online from my premium Spotify account (which I access via WiFi) or playing back music downloaded to my tabl...
  • tawoody
  • Music Fan
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs randomly pause / Songs won't play right away

I've had these problems for some time. First...even when fully connected to Wifi, my Samsung Galaxy S3 (ATT) won't play a song, despite me pressing the song title over and over again. Eventually (a minute or so) the song begins to play, Secondly...ev...

• I've had these problems for some time.    First...even when fully connected to Wifi, my Samsung Galaxy S3 (ATT) won't play a song, despite me pressing the song title over and over again...
  • Disturbedpsycho
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify connect with multiple pioneer sma3 speakers

So I am baffled. I have two of theconnect - enabled pioneer sma speakers. They are really awesome by the way. I can successfully stream to each one individually with spotify. However, I can't stream to both at the same time. Pioneer videos show the a...

• So I am baffled. I have two of theconnect - enabled pioneer sma speakers. They are really awesome by the way. I can successfully stream to each one individually with spotify. However, I can't stream ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • connect pioneer stream WiFi multi stream
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Freezes after clicking log in since latest update, Droid Razr Maxx (not HD)

Spotify recently updated and now when i open the app it gives me the option to log in or create an account. i click log in and the UI slides over to the log in prompts... and then the app stops responding to input completely. I've tried uninstalling ...

• Spotify recently updated and now when i open the app it gives me the option to log in or create an account. i click log in and the UI slides over to the log in prompts... and then the app stops respo...
  • Greg
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App on the iPhone

Hey I wanted to download the app on my iphone and live in Dubai and it doesn't work here what can I do ????

• Hey I wanted to download the app on my iphone and live in Dubai and it doesn't work here what can I do ????
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HTC Desire C, Android 4.0.3 - App won't start

Hi, I'm using Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 on my HTC phone. I've had spotify on it working fine for a couple of months but recently I sent it off to get the screen fixed. They obviously wiped all the data and apps and stuff which I knew they woul...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm using Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 on my HTC phone.   I've had spotify on it working fine for a couple of months but recently I sent it off to get the screen fixed. Th...
  • Meach5
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Opening Spotify, Playlists don't load, NOTHING LOADS. (GALAXY SIII)

Sometimes I open Spotify on my Android (Galaxy SIII) and the Playlist menu is completely blank, even though they are synced to my phone. The the menus don't load. Nothing loads. Hard reset phone, it is fine. Anyone else having this problem?

• Music Fan
  • Sometimes I open Spotify on my Android (Galaxy SIII) and the Playlist menu is completely blank, even though they are synced to my phone.   The the menus don't load.   Nothing loads....
  • elany
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Footer displays incorrect song info

When backgrounding the app, upon returning and selecting a new song in an offline synced playlist, no matter which song is selected the footer in the app displays the old song which was played prior to the backgrounding. When terminating the app the ...

• When backgrounding the app, upon returning and selecting a new song in an offline synced playlist, no matter which song is selected the footer in the app displays the old song which was played prior ...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android footer song info blank widget
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Specific song won't show in Android app

Hi, I just noticed that at least one song wont appear in the Android app even if it shows in the PC app and plays without problems. The song I can't seem to find in the app is Daft Punk – One More Time. Can anyone confirm this? I even tried to make a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I just noticed that at least one song wont appear in the Android app even if it shows in the PC app and plays without problems. The song I can't seem to find in the app is Daft Punk ...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

App update caused error ( lost all music)

after the recent update spotify didnt open and said sd card not found . i had to unsintall it and install again and now all my downloaded music is lost . and my premium subscription is over . this is really sad. do i have to get the subscription agai...

• after the recent update spotify didnt open and said sd card not found . i had to unsintall it and install again and now all my downloaded music is lost . and my premium subscription is over . t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

loading problems on my browse

When i go to browse, for example if a choose party it only going to give me a few options of playlists, and when i try to search for more i get stuck on a endelss loading, on desktop that doesn`t happen

• Casual Listener
  • When i go to browse, for example if a choose party it only going to give me a few options of playlists, and when i try to search for more i get stuck on a endelss loading, on desktop that doesn`t hap...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't send songs on Android.

Been a premium member for over 3 years now, and I must say I am becoming more and more disappointed with Spotify as the days go on. I can't send music to people on Android unless I connect to Facebook, which I am not doing. I am clearly following peo...

• Music Fan
  • Been a premium member for over 3 years now, and I must say I am becoming more and more disappointed with Spotify as the days go on.   I can't send music to people on Android unless I connect...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify for Android - Playlist Folder download

Dear all,I have a question about the Playlist Folder on the Android version of Spotify. I have one Playlist folder with different playlist within the folder. But on my Android device, when I open Spotify, I can only download the playlists but not the...

• Regular
  • Dear all, I have a question about the Playlist Folder on the Android version of Spotify. I have one Playlist folder with different playlist within the folder. But on my Android device, when I open...
  • MikeLloydTexas
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Begins Playing on Samsung Galaxy S4 Without Being Launched

About a week ago, when I turn on my phone, Spotify will begin playing a random song without me launching the Spofity app. I go in & pause/shut off the song, but it will begin playing again in less than a minute. I have to restart the phone to get Spo...

• Casual Listener
  • About a week ago, when I turn on my phone, Spotify will begin playing a random song without me launching the Spofity app.  I go in & pause/shut off the song, but it will begin playing again ...
  • EvelSample
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Unlimited, radio skips

When I purchased spotify UNLIMITED I was under the assumption I would have unlimited radio skips for my android. Is this a bug? Or is this intended? I've looked on a few sites that've said paid members should have no limit...

• When I purchased spotify UNLIMITED I was under the assumption I would have unlimited radio skips for my android. Is this a bug? Or is this intended? I've looked on a few sites that've said paid membe...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes