Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Casual Listener
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Footer displays incorrect song info

When backgrounding the app, upon returning and selecting a new song in an offline synced playlist, no matter which song is selected the footer in the app displays the old song which was played prior to the backgrounding. When terminating the app the ...

• When backgrounding the app, upon returning and selecting a new song in an offline synced playlist, no matter which song is selected the footer in the app displays the old song which was played prior ...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android footer song info blank widget
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Specific song won't show in Android app

Hi, I just noticed that at least one song wont appear in the Android app even if it shows in the PC app and plays without problems. The song I can't seem to find in the app is Daft Punk – One More Time. Can anyone confirm this? I even tried to make a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I just noticed that at least one song wont appear in the Android app even if it shows in the PC app and plays without problems. The song I can't seem to find in the app is Daft Punk ...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

App update caused error ( lost all music)

after the recent update spotify didnt open and said sd card not found . i had to unsintall it and install again and now all my downloaded music is lost . and my premium subscription is over . this is really sad. do i have to get the subscription agai...

• after the recent update spotify didnt open and said sd card not found . i had to unsintall it and install again and now all my downloaded music is lost . and my premium subscription is over . t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

loading problems on my browse

When i go to browse, for example if a choose party it only going to give me a few options of playlists, and when i try to search for more i get stuck on a endelss loading, on desktop that doesn`t happen

• Casual Listener
  • When i go to browse, for example if a choose party it only going to give me a few options of playlists, and when i try to search for more i get stuck on a endelss loading, on desktop that doesn`t hap...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't send songs on Android.

Been a premium member for over 3 years now, and I must say I am becoming more and more disappointed with Spotify as the days go on. I can't send music to people on Android unless I connect to Facebook, which I am not doing. I am clearly following peo...

• Music Fan
  • Been a premium member for over 3 years now, and I must say I am becoming more and more disappointed with Spotify as the days go on.   I can't send music to people on Android unless I connect...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify for Android - Playlist Folder download

Dear all,I have a question about the Playlist Folder on the Android version of Spotify. I have one Playlist folder with different playlist within the folder. But on my Android device, when I open Spotify, I can only download the playlists but not the...

• Regular
  • Dear all, I have a question about the Playlist Folder on the Android version of Spotify. I have one Playlist folder with different playlist within the folder. But on my Android device, when I open...
  • MikeLloydTexas
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Begins Playing on Samsung Galaxy S4 Without Being Launched

About a week ago, when I turn on my phone, Spotify will begin playing a random song without me launching the Spofity app. I go in & pause/shut off the song, but it will begin playing again in less than a minute. I have to restart the phone to get Spo...

• Casual Listener
  • About a week ago, when I turn on my phone, Spotify will begin playing a random song without me launching the Spofity app.  I go in & pause/shut off the song, but it will begin playing again ...
  • EvelSample
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Unlimited, radio skips

When I purchased spotify UNLIMITED I was under the assumption I would have unlimited radio skips for my android. Is this a bug? Or is this intended? I've looked on a few sites that've said paid members should have no limit...

• When I purchased spotify UNLIMITED I was under the assumption I would have unlimited radio skips for my android. Is this a bug? Or is this intended? I've looked on a few sites that've said paid membe...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify radio

When I open Spotify and click on radio, it says "Radio is only available for Premium users in your region." Why? Isn't this supposed to be free now?

• When I open Spotify and click on radio, it says "Radio is only available for Premium users in your region." Why? Isn't this supposed to be free now?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No way to purchase album or song from station

I'm listening to this great album or song by an artist on my Android and go to tap something to purchase it or save it to my wishlist and there's no button or option to do that. The menu button does nothing. In Pandora I have this option and I'm sure...

• Visitor
  • I'm listening to this great album or song by an artist on my Android and go to tap something to purchase it or save it to my wishlist and there's no button or option to do that. The menu button does ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

offline errors android, premium

premium user, offline playlists are constantly downloading and once "downloaded" they stop playing when there is no internet connection. this is unacceptable for two reasons: 1) chewing up my data simply unacceptable (i know i can turn off downloadim...

• Music Fan
  • premium user, offline playlists are constantly downloading and once "downloaded" they stop playing when there is no internet connection. this is unacceptable for two reasons: 1) chewing up my data si...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    offline mode
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth track information

Hello there! I was told by a customer support member through Google Play that I should launch a new topic here about my problem. I have a brand new 2014 Audi A3 that has Bluetooth. Spotify is able to stream music through Bluetooth without any issues,...

• Visitor
  • Hello there!   I was told by a customer support member through Google Play that I should launch a new topic here about my problem. I have a brand new 2014 Audi A3 that has Bluetooth. Spoti...
  • bearwiz
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music will not play.

Hi, PLEASE HELP!!! I am having a weird issue were only the first song from every downloaded playlist will play in offline mode. When downloading to my mobile device (android 4.2.2 ) the download status bar takes a long time for the first song and the...

• Regular
  • Hi, PLEASE HELP!!!   I am having a weird issue were only the first song from every downloaded playlist will play in offline mode. When downloading to my mobile device (android 4.2.2 ) the do...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! how do I put it into Online mode

my app keeps saying its in offline mode and i cant make it switch to online

• my app keeps saying its in offline mode and i cant make it switch to online
  • Leobug1
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Kindle Fire HD won't recognize Spotify Unlimited subscription.

I just bought a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and after installing Spotify I connected with my Facebook account. Now when playing fomr playlists or radio I am having commercial breaks every few minutes, but I have an active Spotify Unlimited subscriptioin in or...

• I just bought a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and after installing Spotify I connected with my Facebook account.  Now when playing fomr playlists or radio I am having commercial breaks every few minutes, b...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! all my Radio stations are gone since update; won't remember new stations

Spotify Android version 0.7.0.229 the last update removed all of my radio stations! now all i see is "receommended stations" and genre stations. that's it. everything else is gone. ok, so i try to recreate them, based on playlists, to start a new sta...

• Gig Goer
  • Spotify Android version 0.7.0.229   the last update removed all of my radio stations! now all i see is "receommended stations" and genre stations. that's it. everything else is gone. &nb...
  • Thomas_
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Performance Issues - Loading Playlists, Playing

Description When I try to use the application after it has either not been launched (after a reboot) or after it has been destroyed the first load takes minutes to actually load the contents of a playlist. And navigating to other locations in the app...

• Casual Listener
  • Description When I try to use the application after it has either not been launched (after a reboot) or after it has been destroyed the first load takes minutes to actually load the contents of a p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

lg g2 audio settings missing

Hi allIs anyone else missing the audio effects/equalizer option in spotify? Really missing being able to adjust it. Phone is stock unrooted running android 4.2.2, aftermarket equalizer apps seem to have no effect either, so assuming lg have this feat...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all Is anyone else missing the audio effects/equalizer option in spotify? Really missing being able to adjust it. Phone is stock unrooted running android 4.2.2, aftermarket equalizer apps seem to...
  • Maufrits
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

[Android 4.4]External SD card errors

If you are using android 4.4 you will find that spotify can't access an external SD card and you will get the error message "We found no place to store our data, please check that you have a working SD card and free space". This is due to restriction...

• Community Legend
  • If you are using android 4.4 you will find that spotify can't access an external SD card and you will get the error message "We found no place to store our data, please check that you have a working ...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists screen shows album art on iPad but not on Android

I miss having album cover pictures on the playlist screen on Android. The pictures are there on the iPad version of Spotify. On Android I just see a quaver icon for every playlist. It is much easier to recognise an album by its cover than its name. M...

• Roadie
  • I miss having album cover pictures on the playlist screen on Android. The pictures are there on the iPad version of Spotify. On Android I just see a quaver icon for every playlist. It is much easier ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes