Spotify search not functioning

Solved!

Spotify search not functioning

rob_h
Regular

<->I have only just downloaded spotify on my Galaxy S4 and either cannot understand how to use the search function or it is not working. I have the latest version from the playstore, I have followed the guides to clear dta etc, turned phone off and back on, reinstalled Spotify but still get the same thing. I go to search and no matter what I type in it just sits there with my text in the box and does nothing, am I supposed to do something else once I have typed the text or is it supposed to find things automatically?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify search not functioning

rob_h
Regular

I have found the solution, partly from the responses on here but it is not obvious and I think this may help others.

Holding my phone upright, as you would, tap on the three lines and then tap on search and you get a text box and the keyboard as expected but whatever you type just sits there as there is no magnifying glass or anything else available. This is where I was stuck. When one of the replies mentioned tapping on something after typing I had another go but for no particular reason turned the phone on its side, now when you tap on the three lines then search you get the keyboard up and the text box but now there is a search button to tap after typing. Turn the phone back to upright and it opens a new search without the button.

Doh! I only just now noticed the magnifying glass symbol on the keyboard, I must be getting old, technology is suddenly beyond me.

Thank you very much for the replies

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Joe
Community Legend

You need to tap the magnifying glass symbol on your virtual keyboard.

Joost2
Roadie

For me (Sony Xperia S) it is the return key.

Solution!

rob_h
Regular

I have found the solution, partly from the responses on here but it is not obvious and I think this may help others.

Holding my phone upright, as you would, tap on the three lines and then tap on search and you get a text box and the keyboard as expected but whatever you type just sits there as there is no magnifying glass or anything else available. This is where I was stuck. When one of the replies mentioned tapping on something after typing I had another go but for no particular reason turned the phone on its side, now when you tap on the three lines then search you get the keyboard up and the text box but now there is a search button to tap after typing. Turn the phone back to upright and it opens a new search without the button.

Doh! I only just now noticed the magnifying glass symbol on the keyboard, I must be getting old, technology is suddenly beyond me.

Thank you very much for the replies

View solution in original post

rwalsh82

I have the magnifying glass - but when I tap it, nothing happens (the keyboard does not appear)....

SC20140429-133454.png

Peter__
Community Legend
Try swiping down to open notification center then going back to Spotify. Does that work? This has been reported to the Spotify guys.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

discoikungshamn
Spotify Legend

Try restarting the client, it should work now. 

This has been fixed in the latest release that is rolling out now.

AadmanZ
Music Fan

Same problem here, trying to search songs on my HTC flyer. Standard keyboard, nothing w

Joe
Community Legend

Could you try reinstalling spotify app.

AadmanZ
Music Fan

Nope, still not working..  Occasionally, after pushing all over the screen, the keyboard shows up.

SUGGESTED POSTS