Country

Ireland

Device

Google Pixel 4a

Operating System

Android 11

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

The new "Only You"/"Find out how you listen" feature that can be found on the search page skips straight to the last (9th of 9) card when clicked. When hitting the left of the screen to go back a card it does go back but jumps straight forward again too quickly to load anything. After hitting "Replay from beginning" it jumps back to the start but again skips through every card and right to end in less than a second.

This is disappointing as the feature sounds cool so would like to experience it, so any help would be greatly appreciated and if you need any more info I'm happy to provide it.

Meta (feedback about giving feedback)

I typed this bug report out before but was hit with:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.

which lost all my progress. And this was after having to do the reCAPTCHA twice as it expired. I was already frustrated at how hard it is to simply report a bug, but this is really annoying and has definitely completely turned me off reporting a bug to Spotify again.

Now to add insult to injury on the second attempt at submitting this, I have been told there is invalid HTML in the message body? I didn't put in any but why allow that in the first place? This submission process could be greatly improved.

2 Replies

In my case, I had the "animator duration scale" under "developer options" set to "animation off". Swithing it back to "animation scale 1x" solved my skipping problem. Hope this helps.

There was a similar issue last year for the 2020 Wrapped campaign and the solution that helped with that should fix this issue as well.

Here is a comment from another user that solved the issue for them on Android:

"I had the same problem in Android, however I realized that the problem was caused by some developer options in settings. I had always selected the option "animation off" in the next options:

-Window animation scale

-Transition animation scale

-Animator duration scale.

I recommend you to turn this options to the predeterminate value, "Animation scale 1x" for all the options, because after that I was able to open and see my wrapped 2020."

It's also worth making sure any battery saving modes are turned off when trying to access the Only You campaign.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts