Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

New user with several issues

New user with several issues

Hi, I'm a new—and frustrated—user to both Spotify and Android Auto. I'm not totally sure I'm in the right place to post this, so feel free to let me know, but this was the only place I seemed to be able to post a message.

I'll keep it simple and down to one issue for now, and that is when I connected to Android Auto this morning, my playlist wouldn't run normally. A song will start near the middle, run for about ten seconds, and then stop. I'm experiencing the same thing on my cell phone (Samsung A10e) and can't figure out why, as just a couple of days ago the playlist ran normally. In addition, a song that is *not* on my playlist keeps running at the bottom, and I don't know how to stop it or get rid of it. I suspect that has something to do with my current issue.

Thank you for any insight!

-Lucie-

1 Reply

Hey @Lucie813,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

This type of issue is usually related to some damaged stored cache on your device. However, if the song played in the background is not on your playlist, it's possible that someone else is using your account without your permission.

First, we'd recommend performing a security process on your account following these steps. After that, to make sure that the cache is not affecting the proper behavior of the app, we'd suggest making a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

If the issue persists, let us know if it happens on a different device to have a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts