Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New version ... Unable to play any music!! randomly crashes ... pain in the ass!

New version ... Unable to play any music!! randomly crashes ... pain in the ass!

After an update to spotify I've been unable to play music well it plays about 10 seconds of music then jumps back to the play list, and this is for offline content. I've tried deleting the cache, re-installing, switching off a playlist from offline mode and re-selecting again. Still doesn't work. Most of the time the app doesn't crash it just freezes and jumps back to the playlist and every now and again it crashes.

Any ideas?

7 Replies

Which device are you running Spotify on?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Android HTC Desire HD

Could you try a password reset for us? This has been to help with some Android crashing issues.

If that doesn't help, try all the troubleshooting steps in this thread and post a bug report if it still isn't resolved.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Reset, logged out of the app logged in with new password played a file for about 20secs... app crashed. Submitted the crash report. I tried everything suggested in the other thread but didn't work.

Can you upload the old version until the new version issues are sorted out? seems like loads of people are having issues with this new version. 

Thanks for reporting the issue. It might also be worth submitting a message through our contact form if you'd like to go into some more in-depth troubleshooting.

I'm afraid I'm not able to provide an older version of the app to download. I appreciate this is a bit frustrating, but I'm sure we can get the issue sorted.

Yes submitted. But recently seems like you've been getting a lot more negative feedback on Android Play so hope you get these issues fixed soon before it really starts going down...

temp.png

Suggested posts