Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nexus 7 2013 not detecting USB drive

Nexus 7 2013 not detecting USB drive

Hi, So today I tried to plugin my usb drive so I could put my Spotify songs onto it since I am running low on device storage, but Spotify wont detect it even though I can browse to it on the Nexus 7 2013.

Now I have tried this exact drive in a OnePlus 3 and a Nexus 7 2012 and Spotify Detects it as a storage option with no problems.

How do I get my 2013 N7 to find the drive in Spotify?

Edit:
Running 6.0.1
Rooted

8 Replies

I believe the Nexus doesn't support OTG USB for third party apps and the only solution is probably to root the tablet. Search Google for more details.

Hi
My Nexus is rooted, can you please explain how I could get it working?(I have done hours of googling and didnt find anyhting, hence this thread)
Also "Nexus doesn't support OTG USB for third party apps" could you please elobrate, as my 2012 works fine, its just the 2013?

I just did a google search on "nexus 7 2013 otg usb" and got loads of hits including two videos showing how to enable it. This is a bit too technical and off topic for the Spotify Community so I recommend you head over to forum.xda-developers.com › Nexus 7 (2013) if you still need help. Good luck.

I think you miss understood. OTG works fine on my nexus 7 2013. It's just Spotify that won't show the storage option. That's the whole point in me making this thread

I have Rooted N7 2013 working with all my other devices (including the USB flash drive,) but cannot get Spotify to detect it under the 'Storage' settings option. Same exact problem.

However, when I use the same exact device/cable/etc on my S7 Edge, it works perfectly.

I've tried Android 6.0.1 and even Android 7 on the N7 2013. No dice. Also tried using apps like Stickmount. No luck.

bump

I still haven't resolved this issue either, but I did just ping Spotify support direct. Who knows, maybe that will help put this to bed.

Any luck on figuring this out? Sure would be nice to have more offline playlists. Maybe I could do some sort of NFS magic and share that over wifi from my side, but holy **bleep** that's a lot of work.

Suggested posts