Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No smart-cover controls after update to Android 7 [Honor 8]

No smart-cover controls after update to Android 7 [Honor 8]

Before I updated my phone to Nougat, Everything was bliss. Now, the lockscreen-controls are unreliable, and the smart-view controls are gone.

Here's a video of me opening and closing the cover, while playing music first with Google play(everything OK), then with Spotify(not OK).

And yes, all permissions and notification settings are on.

12 Replies

Hi, the problem occurs to me as well on my H8 after nougat update. Smart cover is rendered useless after the update. So your solution is to roll back to previous version of EMUI4.1 .

Good to know I am not alone, but rolling back is not a fix - Spotify needs to fix their implementation.

Good to know I am not alone, but rolling back is not a fix - Spotify needs to fix their implementation.

Same problem here on my P9 after the EMOI update 😞

Same here. Spotify or huawei must fix this!

When i am listening to music on my lg sound bar it always corrupts for a while several times after i passed to android 7. Is there a solution?

Yess fix it now!!

Hi, I have the same problem on my P9. Have you tried reinstalling Spotify? I haven't yet, but I will try that soon. This problem is annoying..

I have the same problem..Pls let me know if you fix it reinstalling Spotify.. It's very annoying!

Reinstalling didn't take care of the problem. I've received an EMUI update recently, alas without a fix for this problem though..

Is that the 2nd update for EMUI 5? still no fix huh? sigh

If you guys listen to music with in line controls (play/stop, volume +/-) try pressing those buttons. I wasn't seeing the spotify widget in lockscreen but after that it appeared.
Also, make sure spotify has the permission to be shown in the lockscreen (Settings > Notification and status bar > Notifications management > Spotify > Display on the lockscreen > Enable).

*This doesn't solve the issue, it's just something you can do will Spotify solves the problem.*

Suggested posts