Premium

Country

Sweden 

Device

Oneplus 6

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Since a few days ago the "now playing" bar and screen will randomly freeze in the middle of a podcast episode or song and after that the visuals are stuck on that time stamp and album art and song name while the sound continues to play and can be changed, though you can't paus it from the bar and have to press several times to paus it from the "now playing" screen. At the same time the notification field bar will disappear and the app stops responding to my headphone controls.

Clearing the cache does nothing to resolve the issue. Restarting the phone or reinstalling the app resolves it for a while, but it comes back again after anything between a few minutes and a few hours. I'm using Spotify version 8.6.30.889 and it's fully updated. 

2 Replies

Hi, 

I'm having exactly the same issue, also on the oneplus 6. Tried reinstalling the app, fixes it for a short period of time but then problem reoccurs. 

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We are aware of this issue and our team is currently looking into it. Head over to this Ongoing Issue thread and add the requested information as a comment. Don't forget to +Vote and subscribe to the thread in order to stay up to date with any developments.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts