Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Playlists are deleted after mobile phone restart

Offline Playlists are deleted after mobile phone restart

Hey everyone,

some days ago I got my new Galaxy S7 and I wanted to set up my  Spotify app. I use an SD card, which I would like Spotify to save the offline playlists on. Thankfully, Spotify now has the option to choose where you want to save your data.

However, everytime I restart my phone, and the sd card gets reconnected, Spotify automatically switches from external sd to internal memory. Now, When I switch back to sd card manually, alll my playlists are deleted and Spotify needs to download all data again.

This happens everytime I restart the phone, so it's a big Problem. Are there any solutions?

Best wishes,

SiriusVI

3 Replies

Could you check that spotify has permission to access the SD card in android settings/application manager. I set this permission on my SGS7 Edge and don't get this issue on restarting my phone. I'm surprised that Spotify didn't ask for any permissions when I installed it though.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just gave Spotify permission to access the memory, but it ddn't work. Once again after a restart, all my files are gone. Upon start up, Spotify says something like "something went wrong. Please try again".

I have an S7 as well, and was experiencing the same issue as you are.

I solved this by changing app permission for storage and Spotify. I enabled spotify in Settings - privacy and safety - app permissions - storage - enable spotify.

Suggested posts