Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playlists not syncing? Please come in here.

Solved!

Offline playlists not syncing? Please come in here.

Of note:

Several users have reported that theymanaged to resolve this issue by making more space available. Conversely, if you are experiencing issues, make sure you have enough free space.

To report not being able to sync playlists stay here and reply.

To report synced playlists disappearing/having to re-sync already synced playlists, please go here.

There are several topics floating around about playlists no longer syncing offline.

Most of these posts don't include much information, so we can't investigate internally.

Please have a read in this topic: Troubleshooting Spotify on Android.

If you didn't already, try the troubleshooting steps. Don't miss the connection issues link.

If all else fails, please use the template provided to post all relevant information back here in this post.

Thank you.

Community Ergo Sum
61 Replies

@personanongrata wrote:
with all due respect, i'm very frustrated with this company.  ...
so why do you devote so much time to these forums?  

Your frustration is understandable, but posting off topic / insults doesn't help. If you're actually interested in my answers then start a new thread with a copy of your post above and I'll try to answer your questions with my responses and thoughts there - let's keep this topic clear for the OP issue

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

@David wrote:

@samwise6222 wrote:

I don't think this is device specific - so cleaning out some space or clean installation won't do any help.

Just take a look at the number of people complaining about the same problem in https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

It rather looks like an outage on Spotify's end.

From what I've seen it was devices running on Android - Are you getting it on another device too?

EDIT - Sorry, just saw your edit to your post - See you're getting it on an iPhone 4S too.

With Android, the status is stuck at "0% download"

With iOS, it refuses to sync with a message "There was an error communicating with Spotify..."

@AnD with all the tweets at @SpotifyCares, my conclusion is that there's something wrong with the server end...

I just started having issues syncing my spotify playlists.

I had just updated my rom from one custom rom to another and redownloaded spotify but it absolutely won't download my playlists. No information is coming up in ADB to any warnings or errors in regards to the spotify app.

Phone: Galaxy Nexus LTE (Verizon)
Rom: Jelly Belly 5.6 (I.e. Jelly Bean 4.1.1)
Spotify Version: 0.5.2.87

Tried clearing the cache -> clearing data -> uninstalling -> re-installing from market -> failed

Uninstalling - > restoring data from backup -> failed

Tried turning off LTE/CDMA to just CDMA just in case 4G was a problem and that still failed. I have yet to try wifi still, will have to wait till I'm home. However, the setting IS turned on it the settings for downloading over mobile data. I'm getting the feeling that, that setting isn't sticking or something.

I just tried on an iOS device and it seemed to sync. It could be localised depending on the server - What's your location?

Airhorn Enthusiast

Just a quick update.  I just tried syncing my phone and it's working now.  Still leary though because I'm nervous that my playlist cache will just disapear at any given time.  Spotify hasn't had a good track record with cached playlists on my phone.  😞 At least I might be able to use Spotify at work tonight...That depends on if I can get the Billboard Hot 100 playlist to download in time.  In any case I'm becoming increasingly skeptical.

I'm from Elkhart, Indiana and my internet provider is Bloombroadband.

@David wrote:

I just tried on an iOS device and it seemed to sync. It could be localised depending on the server - What's your location?

NYC

Affected devices

Galaxy S3 (Sprint)

Optimux V (Virgin Mobile)

iPhone 4S (Verizon).

@samwise6222 wrote:

@David wrote:

NYC

Affected devices

Galaxy S3 (Sprint)

Optimux V (Virgin Mobile)

iPhone 4S (Verizon).

And as I post this, GS3 and Optimus V just started syncing...

Hmm! Let us know the results...
Airhorn Enthusiast

samwise6222 have you by chance ever lost your cached data on your Android phone?  I also had an Optimus V before I switched to T-Mobile and got a Samsung Exhibit II 4G.  I never lost my cached files on the Optimus V but I suspect the Samsung's MPT media scanner is not Spotify's friend on my phone.

Syncing is WORKING now for me.

For some strange reason, I rebooted my phone (after many times already and wiping application data/cache). Uninstalled the application again, re-installed from the market, had a lot of trouble logging in through Facebook. Took a while to log in after going in and out of the application. But now it's correctly syncing with 4G and all.

Massachusetts
Galaxy Nexus - Jellybean 4.1.1

Latest version as of 8/7 Spotify App.

Still not working for me - tried clearing out any previously downloaded playlists, then re-downloaded the ones I wanted.  It temporarily syncs, then goes away.  This is extremely frustrating.  I signed up for a premium subscription shortly after it became available in the US, and have had no issues prior to the latest release.  I (like others), use the offline playlist feature often.  Without it, the $9.99/month cost is not worth it. 

I Was having this problem also and this is how I solved it for myself on my Samsung Galaxy S2.  I was storing all my downloaded tracks on my SD card.

Menu

Settings

Applications

Select Spotify

Cleared data

Forced stop

Uninstall

Used Astro file manager to delete com.spotify.mobile (spotify folder) from my sd card (/mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Android)

Rebooted phone

installed old version of spotify via Astro file manager (old version allows me to set offline files to SD location)

launch spotify

set offline file location to /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/

log out of spotify

go into Google play store

update spotify to the latest version

You will now need to re-download all you playlists that you want stored offline and adding new playlist will now also be synced offline should you wish.

Hope this works for every one els as it did my head is for weeks.  I was at the point of canceling my subscription.

Spotify Tech support need to up their game.

P.S

**Why do we still not have the ability to set the download location to SD card in the new version of Spotify without having to first install an older version of the software. **

Any improvement for you guys today? Let us know, either way.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Last night I gave in and uninstalled Spotify, cleared everything out, re-booted my phone, reinstalled it, etc.  I tried syncing a few playlists, and it appeared to work (i.e. the tracks within the playlist were not grayed out).  This morning I tried playing them, and the song will look like it is playing, but there is no music, and if I try to fast forward, it starts over again, with no audio.  This is ridiculous.  We should be asking you if your developers have a fix, because this is unacceptable.

So in your case they've synced successfully but won't play? Ok - drop us a line via our contact form and we'll go over some troubleshooting.

Right now, I've just been asked to see if the syncing is still not working for users.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Just sent it....

Hello,

Brand new galaxy S3, never got an android phone before.This is the second app i've downloaded. So i bought spot premium, downloaded the app, and tried to syncronize a playlist over mobile data (checked the option).

No luck 'til now can"t get a syncro (0/136 songs - 0%)

I will try this evening over wifi if it's better.

If there is specific to do, i will try it.

ps: i'm in France.

Can you upload somewhere this odl version of Spotify? Because I'm downloading differents old versions and now no ones gives me the option to choose the filepath to the external sd : /

Thx!

Will the next release include a warning for the user? I can't dowlnoad anymore since my available space is 800 MB. Kind of silly.

Suggested posts