Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playlists not syncing? Please come in here.

Solved!

Offline playlists not syncing? Please come in here.

Of note:

Several users have reported that theymanaged to resolve this issue by making more space available. Conversely, if you are experiencing issues, make sure you have enough free space.

To report not being able to sync playlists stay here and reply.

To report synced playlists disappearing/having to re-sync already synced playlists, please go here.

There are several topics floating around about playlists no longer syncing offline.

Most of these posts don't include much information, so we can't investigate internally.

Please have a read in this topic: Troubleshooting Spotify on Android.

If you didn't already, try the troubleshooting steps. Don't miss the connection issues link.

If all else fails, please use the template provided to post all relevant information back here in this post.

Thank you.

Community Ergo Sum
61 Replies

Richard, I've yet to receive any sort of response from Spotify.  I've been recommending this service to everyone I know since I got it, but am start to regret it - poor customer service makes for a bad company...

gstipkovich - apologies for the delay. I've chased this up myself now. We should have this sorted shortly, don't worry.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Everytime I download my "Liked from Radio" playlist it disappears 😞 I have 3.71 gb of space left on internal and 14 gb left on the memory card so there isn't a space issue, someone please fix thank you.

Also I can't download particular album playlist that used to be stored on the phone memory card as MP3. They have been deleted and I think Spotify thinks I still have them, thank you.

Spotify Playlists won't sync on Android. I paid for may acocunt, and nothing is synching.

The unlimited account will be useless to me without this feature. Does anyone have better luck with Grooveshark or others on Android?

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. I did all the troubleshooting and restarting business.

2. I opened Spotify and logged in.

3. I selected a playlist and selected Download Playlist

4. Nothing happened, there's a download bar and it says 0%

5. I have 2.5G of space on my SD Card. More than enough for my 11-song playlist. I tried using Wifi and 3G.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Y

What I expected to happen

The functionality I piad for would work

What actually happened

The functionality I paid for is not working. Looks like it hasn't been working for a long time.

Device model

HTC Evo 4G

Device’s Operating System

Android 2.3.5

Is your device rooted?

No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

My mobile provider and country

Sprint, US

My username

Janedoe222

AlexK20 - you mentioned you have an Unlimited account? To use spotify on mobile you must have a Premium account - does that explain your issue?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Description

Spotify Premium user. My Motorola Atrix 4G always shows Spotify as Offline, hence I cannot search, sync, or play anything.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. First I visited created some playlists on my Mac app.

2. Then I installed the mobile app on my Android.

3. My phone is on Wifi.

4. I tried to sync my phone app with the playlists on my Mac app. But it says Offline Mode.

5. On the mobile app, I tried to connect to Facebook while on the same Wifi as my Mac, but it still says 'Spotify is Offline'.

6. I also cannot search for anything on my mobile app. Please note that I have 3 GB free space on internal storage.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Y

What I expected to happen

I expected to be able to play tracks from my phone, both synced as well as unsynced.

What actually happened

I can play nothing on my phone

Device model

Motorola Atrix 4G.

Device’s Operating System

Is your device rooted?

No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

My mobile provider and country

AT&T

My username

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

No

Marked as solution

I mistyped, I have premium. It's not like I'm the only one having a problem. Also, the streaming is horrible, couldn't get through a song, so the offline playlist is a must.

Marked as solution

I really would like this fixed. I emailed support days ago and still no response, is there a US number to call?

This is a serious problem. Why should I pay for something that doesn't work. If you don't fix this I'll downgrade my Spotify until it's done.

Since getting it working by making space on my phone I did a complete factory reset of my phone just as a bit of housekeeping. 2 days later, about a week ago, it stopped synching again. I also sometimes have the issue someone mentioned earlier where the track seems to play without any audio and if you try to do anything it resets to the begining of the song so I think this is related rather than a seperate issue.

I came on here to say this last week but after typing out my post the forum crashed and lost everything then refused to load. This, along with the complete lack of anything resembling customer care (or even knowledge of your product), was the last straw so I have now cancelled my subscription and moved to Rdio. And guess what, I am now getting the service I'm paying for.

It's a shame as I prefer the Spotify app but if I can't listen to any music and no-one is helping to fix it then there really isn't any competition. I will be recommending Rdio to people from now on.

I didn't know about Rdio, but after your tip I'm now trying it and it's delivering to my phone without any problem.

I quote your last sentence

"It's a shame as I prefer the Spotify app but if I can't listen to any music and no-one is helping to fix it then there really isn't any competition. I will be recommending Rdio to people from now on".

There is also Deezer but it is not as good

from the number of threads, posts and views, not syncing local files to your phone is a huge issue for spotify. they promise you can do it, but so many people cannot.  there are 340,000 results in google if you search "can't sync local files spotify to android."

spotify seems to focus on doing everything but solving this issue (your phone is not approved, you have a firewall, you're running preview, you don't have room on your phone), which is great for the .01% that this has solved the issue for. 

i have a galaxy SII, i can sync all my spotify songs, i can see and play my local files on my desktop, i can create playlists that include both local files and spotify files, and i can see these playlists on my phone. but the only files that sync to my phone are the spotify files, none of my local files (local to my desktop) will sync.

If it's not possible, just tell me so i stop wasting my time with these "workarounds."

It's an understatement to say how bad spotify support is, maybe a user can help me. spotify even double-billed me for three months and i couldn't get any attention and just let it go.

Has anyone actually synced their desktop local files to their phone?

Hello,

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 and Spotify (latest version) now is not working in Offline Mode.

Around two weeks ago, the Spotify in Offline Mode is not working. I've downloaded all the playlists and saved in the external SD card and worked fine but then, suddenly, I couldn't listen the playlists.

So I downloaded again all the playlists but every 2-4 days the music is disappearing from Offline Mode. The strange thing is that when I "downloaded" the music, the music was downloading very "fast". So I decided to check it out the SD card and then I saw that the music was there, but i have to "download" again...

I unistalled the latest Spotify and I decided to download a previous version in which I can choose the path to install the music, so I installed on SD card.

I downloaded again all my playlists and then I updated the Spotify to latest version. Then the Spotify is working fine but in a couple of days but suddenly, the offline mode doesn't recognize me the music that is downloaded.

So I go to my SD card and I see again that the music is already there but I can't listen it...I removed all the music of SD card and unistalled the Spotify and installed the previous Spotify when I can choose in which path I want to install the music. Now, because I erased the music on SD card is downloading very slow (I mean, slower than the first time because is not on the SD card).

Nowadays I'm on holidays so I'm in Offline Mode every 3-4 days so I'm "always" listening the music in Offline Mode until the music "disappear". Any suggestions?

Hi!

I have the same problem since last 2 uppdates. I download all music i want and its fine, but when i turn off spotify, then i loose all my playlist again, and so it goes. But it's the same as for other people, to download a playlist take 10 sec, so it's obvious that everything already is on my SD.

Fix,this rubbish bugs now, or you will loose me as paying user, and have soo been since 2.5 years now, and it have never been so much problem as now.

With so many complaints why is there nobody answering us at the support. This sucks!

Hi

I want to sync my local mp3 files. Syncing regular spotify songs works for me, but i want to transfer local mp3 files, that spotify don't have.

Transfering the local files doesn't work via wifi, stuck on 0%. I think it's a netowrk issue on my wifi. My phone doesn't show under "devices" on spotify either.  

Anyways, my question is: Can i copy the local music files to my Galaxy nexus using USB cable? I can transfer files when mounted as usb drive, but which folder should i put them in to make spotify find them? I tried "music". No luck,

I tried just about everything, but the only thing that worked was to download a previous version of Spotify.  It has worked for me since then..

Where/how do I find a previous version of Spotify??

Suggested posts