Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline storage downloads but is ultimately not saved into my memory

Offline storage downloads but is ultimately not saved into my memory

Hi,

I'm a new user of Spotify premium since a week and I installed the application on my desktop computer and Android phone.

I'd love to use the offline streaming possibility on my phone, when I'm for example on the train, because I can't always stream online because of my limited phone account. So immediately after I installed Spotify on my phone, I tried using this. I chose to store my downloaded songs for offline use on my external storage, a SD-card with 15 gigabytes of free memory.

It started downloading the offline songs I selected and afterwards I started using my spotify app in offline mode. It worked for an hour, but then immediately all my offline songs were gone so I needed to stream them online, which cost me a lot of money.

When I was on wifi again, my app started downloading this songs again, but it went exact the same way when I tried to listen to this songs in offline mode. This process is repeated for five times now and I'm very frustrated that I can't use spotify in offline mode, which is his most important function for me. 

In addition I have two other problems:

- I keep getting advertisements on my phone to upgrade to premium, which is very irritating.

- Ever since all this problems occurred I couldn't select the storage-button in my settings on my phone, it just disappeared there.

I'd really love to have all this solved, so I'd love to thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Lowie

3 Replies

Do you have any cache cleaning apps installed? Also have a read of the below linked guide which helps troubleshoot.

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Daniel wrote:

Do you have any cache cleaning apps installed? Also have a read of the below linked guide which helps troubleshoot.

Will take a look at it. Thanks!

Problem is solved. Thanks!

Suggested posts