Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

On Wifi Spotify notification "Downloading 0 out of 7".

On Wifi Spotify notification "Downloading 0 out of 7".

So I'm having an odd notification on my Samsung S6 Edge.  I have Spotify installed, and everything is working great.  But when I connect to my home wifi, I get a notification that says "Downloading 0 out of 6 (0% complete)".  This notification cannot be dismissed, nor does it ever download anything.  I have also gone through the few playlists that I download and all songs appear to already be downloaded.  

Also, if I select download on another playlist, none of the songs will download over wifi.  All other apps work just fine on wifi.  If I turn off wifi and go to cellular data (it is enabled in settings) the new playlist will download, but those 6 "mystery" songs don't.  As soon as I put it back to wifi, it comes back up with the same 0 of 6 (0%) message.

7 Replies

Same issue here on Galaxy S5, hope a fix is on the way!

I have the same thing on my 6s. Would not recommend clearing data and restarting otherwise you'll lose all your songs until an update comes out.

Same problem here on S7 edge.

Same problem on HTC One m9

Any chance it's trying to sync local files? Do you have any on your PC?

I get this too. I resolved it by downloading a playlist, then the notification went away. I removed the download after, and the notification stayed gone.

So this post is a few years old, and in 2018 I'm still experiencing this issue on a OnePlus 5T running Oreo. Good work Spotify.

Suggested posts