Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

One song does not play when downloaded. Then others songs won’t play offline!

One song does not play when downloaded. Then others songs won’t play offline!

After many hours of trouble shooting, due to downloaded songs and playlists sometimes not playing , it seems that whenever I download this one track/song to my Samsung Droid Charge (Android) phone, it does not play.  Others songs will play normally but when I get to this one I just get silence while the screen appears to play it.  Sometimes this song starts to play, but if I switch to play a different song it won’t play.  Then no other downloaded songs will play in offline mode! And the playlist that contained that song and 2 other recently downloaded playlists would disappear from my phone at the next logon on my phone.  In order to play other downloaded songs offline again, I must log off and back onto Spotify on my phone download again and not play that song.  I’ve deleted the song.  The one problem song is Antonio Vivaldi – Four Seasons: Spring 1st Mvt., The .   This problem occurs on two Android phones in this household and it continued to occur after I followed all the instructions for troubleshooting an Android from this forum at http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/113082 . I deleted all the Spotify data files, uninstalled Spotify on my phone, powered off, and reinstalled Spotify from the Play Store. Oh I did not remove the battery in the process.  After doing this, the problem persists, but only when I play this one song.   Everything else works in Spotify except this one song – which then prevents all others from playing. Local files still play.  I do not have the latest update of Spotify software on my home Windows computer.  I have version 0.8.5.1333.g822e0de8.  I now have the latest version 0.5.9.29 on my Android phone.  I would like to know if anyone else has a problem with this one song, when they download it and try to play it (especially offline).  Is there some mark on that one song that prevents successful download?  Or is something else causing this?  I did not test other songs on that album.

I generally download playlists by selecting them on the home computer, rather than the phone – just habit.  I also had problems with downloaded playlists kept reappearing as downloaded after deselecting them on the home computer,  or vice versa, but it seems that the phone keeps the record of which playlists I have selected for download , not the home computer, and I can live with that. The playlist available offline toggle button in the upper right on the home computer seems when displaying a playlist to be irrelevant it that it does not cause or prevent a playlist from being downloaded or available to download. I think it has always been this way.

My entire problem started appearing about March 5th.  That might have been the first time I tried to download this song or just after some update?  I’m a Premium account holder and have been using Spotify to play songs offline for almost a year without any problems until now.  Please someone check this one song.  Everything else works.

0 Replies

Suggested posts