Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play button, auto play in car, stop play when pulling out headphones and now playing not working

Play button, auto play in car, stop play when pulling out headphones and now playing not working

Plan

Family Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Hi team. I've tried the following to resolve the issue but still having the same issues. 

- Restarted phone

- Cleared Spotify cache

- Logged in and out of spotify on Android phone

- Uninstalled and re-installed the Spotify app

Issues:

- Play button on bottom bar during browsing in spotify doesn't work as a pause/play

- When playing music, the album cover is often a different song (played previously) 

- When playing music, the album cover (as per above) can be correct however the play button is showing as a triangle "play" so to pause music, you have to hit "play", then "pause" before spotify recognises the action

- When getting in a car with bluetooth my music normally starts playing. This is no longer happening, i have to hit play from the app. It then over rides a reading app i have that normally pauses spotify to allow the book to be read audibly over the car speakers

- when removing headphones or turning car off, instead of pausing music the app keeps playing music through the speakers of the phone which is embarrassing especially in the office if i was listening to Tay Swivvy keeping the beats going 😄

- when phone autolocks after 2 minutes, the spotify app pauses music rather than continuing to play music

- Spotify now also thinks i am "offline" when i am connected to wifi. I did change a setting recently so that it would only play downloaded songs when offline

thanks for any suggestions in advance

spotify issues.jpg
1 Reply

Hey there @jeremyjens,

Thanks for searching for searching for the answer you need here.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - have you performed a clean reinstall using the steps in this guide? We suggest that you give those a try, since they are very thorough and make sure that no damaged leftover files remain that might be causing this behavior. We also recommend you try disabling any battery optimization software running on your phone. Follow these steps:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.
3. Last step - restart the phone.

Note: Menu order may differ on different devices.

Let us know of afterwards the Pause/ Play button works as intended. These steps should also help the album artwork sync properly and the app pausing when your headphones/ car get disconnected.

As to to the app not picking up on your internet connection - is the setting you're referring to  Offline Mode? If it's active, the app will stay disconnected from out servers and only downloaded song will be available for playback. You can read more about it here.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts