Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback of music speed slowed down

Playback of music speed slowed down

I have a problem with the play backusiof streaming music in spotify.A couple 9f weeks ago I noticed that the speed of the music noticeably slowed down as though it

Is a record playing and the speed has slowed down. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but symptoms still persist. I have used my player on my android phone and played my own music and this seems ok.

I am using Spotify free version.

I am using android version 10 and my phone is Samsung A20e.

19 Replies

Hey @Paulg15,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind logging out, restarting your phone, and then logging back in to your Spotify?

It'd also be good to double-check if you disabled any task-killer, cache-cleaning or battery-saver apps on your Galaxy A20e.

Let us know how it goes. You'll find us here!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is happening to me as well on my laptop! I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it is still happening. This should be looked into

Hey @margaretmaeve,

Thanks for reaching out to us. No worries. Help is on the way.

Could you perform one more reinstall, but this time using the steps in this Spotify Answer? They are more thorough and ensure that no corrupted leftover files remain. We also recommend you try disabling any battery optimization software running on your phone. Follow these steps:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

If that doesn't fix things, we're going to need a bit more info to be able to find the root cause of the problem - does this happen on different internet networks i.e. WiFi, 3G/4G and across multiple devices? It would be helpful if you share the make, model, OS and Spotify version on the devices you're experiencing this with.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator

I am experiencing same problems even after implementing this on the iPhone 12 Pro Max in wifi as well as cellular data

Hey there @devangs3

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you let us know if you've already tried the troubleshooting steps @Mihail sent previously?

If so, would you mind checking if the OS of your device has any pending updates?

Lastly, we'd like to know if this occurs across devices or only on your phone. 

Keep us in the loop.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yes I did. My iOS is at version 14.7.

Hi @devangs3

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update either of Spotify or the OS of your device?

On another note, would you mind letting us know how much storage space does your device have available?

Additionally, could you let us know if this only happens with Spotify or with other streaming apps as well?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

My iPhone has 128GB memory and so far only 68GB is used. I have seen this since I bought this phone. I never saw this in my older iPhone 8 Plus.

Hey @devangs3,

Thanks for the reply.

You can try the following:

• Try turning Background app refresh on/off. This can be accessed from your phone's settings.
  • Try downloading a playlist. Switch on Offline Mode from the settings and check if it plays in normal tempo.

Let us know if that makes a difference.

AlexModerator

Allow me to fill you all in on how this story ends: they delete and reinstate your account to clear the issue, only to have it creep back months later. I know because I am in that position.  

Never before have I experienced such appalling “customer service.” We are part of a premium plan, and expect the accompanying level of service. For this to happen. TWICE. Is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE.

How about you actually FIX the problem instead of giving us SLOPPY, BANDAID solutions that SIMPLY DON’T WORK?!

Oh, and guess who received the attached error while trying to set up his account? Really losing my taste for this garbage service. 

F3F990D0-1F41-4203-A028-319E0CEA4860.png

Im using an IPhone 11 and the music slows down then picks back up but plays fast to get back to where it’s supposed to be 

it’s very frustrating when your on a long drive and have to insist on not playing music because it gives Dead Silence Vibes

please fix this issue before I 💩 myself in the Middle of night

Hi there @Markq and @Tamed_warrior,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we want to help you with this so that the playback can work as it should for you.

Can you confirm if you followed the troubleshooting steps that's been provided in the thread?

@Markq - it would also be great if you can let us know if you still experience issues while trying to set up your account? If you do, can you try from an incognito/private window to see if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I still experience this issue only when driving, perhaps a signal issue
from satellites and CBC radios?

I don’t believe so; happily streaming via Apple podcasts with no issue 😊. Suggest you give them a try if you have an iPhone. 

Well what if I don’t like using Apple podcast
I personally find Spotify easier to navigate thus me spending money on this
app monthly
Apple is okay but gets a bit too extra, I like simple

Then you are stuck at their mercy. I’d prefer to use Spotify as well, but from my experience they don’t prefer to have me as a user.

At the end of the day, maybe you’ll become frustrated with Spotify as I have (3 months and counting and they still can’t fix my problem). It comes down to whether you prefer their interface vs whether you want your podcasts to work at all, unfortunately.

This being said, it would be great to get this fixed, but I am no longer in any real rush to do so on Spotify’s end. Think I’ll just use Apple Podcasts until the bugs are ironed out. Support claims that they are eager to solve my issue, but I firmly believe that actions speak much louder than words. Seems like they are just paid to recycle the same garbage solutions that simply do not work.

It’s just unfortunate that this product was rolled out before it was ready lol. I refuse to be a beta tester.

If you google “spotify podcast slow playback reddit” you will see that we are not the only ones.

This really ought to be FIXED, Spotify!!!! Never experienced customer service (or lack thereof) quite like this. It’s almost hilarious! 😂😂😂

i had the same problem on my laptop and realized that it was about my headphones, turned them on and off and it was fixed. hope you fixed your's too !! 

Background:  multi-instrumental musician of 35+ years, and IT Program Manager for 10+ years.

<$0.02>

There are a lot of variables here, and as much as I want to blame Spotify for simplicity sake, the issue appears to be with Bluetooth.  E.g., when I listen on my PC, everything is fine.  The only wireless protocol between me and spotify is my Internet.  My speakers are hardwired near-field studio monitors, and I am using USB 2.0 protocol w/ a Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 v2 for my A-D-A.  BPM matches perfectly per artist spec.

However, when I practice drumming I listen to Spotify through my wireless earbuds bluetoothed from my Pixel 6Pro.  The tempo is all over the effing map.  Phone and earbud resets work on occasion but only after multiple attempts at each.

It's the BT protocol screwing things up.  It also happens with my JBL Flip - again BT protocol.  Read up on how hilariously slapdash BT development was and maintenance still is... again, I want to blame Spotify, buuuuuut...

</$0.02>

What you say is absolutely true. Something is up with some crappier Bluetooth DACs.

This effect (of music audibly slowing down and speeding up again) happens only in my car. The Pioneer radio in the gen3 RAV4 is a horrible piece of rubbish. I know it isn't spotify causing the issue because all my sound apps do it. Tune-In radio stations do it too.

Turning off A2DP hardware offload (you have to enable developer mode on Android) appears to help... a little.

Suggested posts