Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playing Spotify on Alexa Eco device hijacks spotify on my phone

Solved!

Playing Spotify on Alexa Eco device hijacks spotify on my phone

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Pixel 6 + Eco dot 2023

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I've linked my account to my new Alexa enabled Eco dot device. Now as soon as someone asks Alexa to play music via Spotify, my phone stops whatever I was playing on Spotify and shows me what's being played on the Eco device without any option to separate those two. I have a family premium account.

What's to do? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

Thanks for sharing your question in the Community.

If you want the Eco dot device to work independently of your personal Spotify account, you'd need to link it to its own Spotify account. 

If you haven't used the 6 spots in your Family plan, you could create a Spotify account to use with the Eco dot device and link it to the plan. That way, you won't get interrupted if someone else is using the device. 

Alternatively, you can connect multiple Spotify accounts to Alexa. For that, you must log into multiple Amazon accounts in Amazon Household, and then each person in the home can connect Spotify with Alexa using individual accounts. Keep in mind that you must ask Alexa to “Switch Profiles” when accessing your Spotify library every time you use the device.

Hope this is helpful!

Anyk17

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey!

Thanks for sharing your question in the Community.

If you want the Eco dot device to work independently of your personal Spotify account, you'd need to link it to its own Spotify account. 

If you haven't used the 6 spots in your Family plan, you could create a Spotify account to use with the Eco dot device and link it to the plan. That way, you won't get interrupted if someone else is using the device. 

Alternatively, you can connect multiple Spotify accounts to Alexa. For that, you must log into multiple Amazon accounts in Amazon Household, and then each person in the home can connect Spotify with Alexa using individual accounts. Keep in mind that you must ask Alexa to “Switch Profiles” when accessing your Spotify library every time you use the device.

Hope this is helpful!

Anyk17

Suggested posts