Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing music on Android from my personal library

Playing music on Android from my personal library

I'm testing spotify, coming from Google Music, one of the features I'm missing is being able to add my own music, for example a track I have and is not available on spotify. I'd like to add it to a playlist and be able to play it on my phone. 

Can I do this and if so, how?

5 Replies

Hi, yes you can if you have a Premium subscription! Here are the steps to sync a local track to a playlist on mobile:

1. Add your local track to a playlist using the desktop client.
  2. Make sure both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
  3. Keep Spotify open on both the desktop and Android device.
  4. On the desktop, go to devices in the lefthand sidbar, and choose your device, then click the playlists you want to sync; or, on the Android device, open the playlist you want to sync, and turn on the Available Offline toggle.
dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, but I don't necesarilly want the playlist offline, I just want this song to be available.. 

Okay, I do believe it's possible to sync only local files that are on a playlist, but I'm not really sure how this is done on a free account. On premium, you would just sync the whole playlist. Any info on this, @Peter__ ?

dinomightSpotify Star

thank you, I do have premium.. 

I'm liking spotify but I am missing this feature so hopefully there is a better way than having to sync the whole playlist.

Ah, got it. No, on premium, that's the only way to do it as far as I know. The only other option would be to sync all of your local files from that device section of the desktop I mentioned, but you may not want to sync your entire library to your device.

dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts