Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

unknown error -24 coming up, can't download either app!!

Can someone please help as the old spotify app told me to download the new app so I tried and it kept saying the above error message. So I deleted the old one as I couldn't use that either and it throws me the same error message now. Please help as I...

• Casual Listener
  • Can someone please help as the old spotify app told me to download the new app so I tried and it kept saying the above error message. So I deleted the old one as I couldn't use that either and it thr...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Same problem

I cant select songs it only plays shuffled. Help!

• Visitor
  • I cant select songs it only plays shuffled. Help!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify for Android v 11.0.113 Your Music Songs tab not showing tracks

The Songs tab under Your Music is only showing only 16 songs. When I filter for offline conten, only 7 of about 500 offline tracks are showing. Why? This is not working as I would expect. Spotify for Android v 11.0.113

• Roadie
  • The Songs tab under Your Music is only showing only 16 songs. When I filter for offline conten, only 7 of about 500 offline tracks are showing. Why? This is not working as I would expect.   ...
  • fresh-ear
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

What does Spotify's data usage show up as?

On my Nexus 5 under Settings>Data Usage It shows the Spotify app as only having used 7.60 KB which is clearly not accurate. What does the streaming show up as in my data usage? Or does it not?

• Visitor
  • On my Nexus 5 under Settings>Data Usage It shows the Spotify app as only having used 7.60 KB which is clearly not accurate. What does the streaming show up as in my data usage? Or does it not?
  • sle01
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Some songs won't play - Andriod

Some songs won't play on my phone. When they are supposed to play, there is no sound, and when I press pause the progress-bar resets to 0:00. This happens if they are played randomly with shuffle, or if I choose to play that particular song. My guess...

• Regular
  • Some songs won't play on my phone. When they are supposed to play, there is no sound, and when I press pause the progress-bar resets to 0:00. This happens if they are played randomly with shuffle, or...
  • Captain_Caveman
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Will it work again?

I have a samsung GT-5830. Due to the breach of the individual profile, i had to update spotify, but it's a trap. Indeed now it doesn't work anymore, because when i launch the app, appears a page that redirects me to google play because "my version is...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a samsung GT-5830. Due to the breach of the individual profile, i had to update spotify, but it's a trap. Indeed now it doesn't work anymore, because when i launch the app, appears a page that...
  • SuperWisdom
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify playing problems

Having the same issue!!!!! Please fix it!

• Casual Listener
  • Having the same issue!!!!! Please fix it!
  • shagera
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to sync Local Files

Hello.. i've looked all over the web and tried everything but yet it doesn't seem to work. DescriptionI'll try to give as much info as possible I'm trying to transfer my local music files to my spotify so ill be able to listen to music that isn't on ...

• Visitor
  • Hello.. i've looked all over the web and tried everything but yet it doesn't seem to work.       Description I'll try to give as much info as possible   I'm trying to...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

No Internet connection

It seems this is an ongoing issue for many. I am trying to use it on my Android tablet, says no Internet connection but all other apps on the tablet have a connection via wifi. Just updated the app and deleted the old version so I'm not sure uninstal...

• It seems this is an ongoing issue for many. I am trying to use it on my Android tablet, says no Internet connection but all other apps on the tablet have a connection via wifi. Just updated the ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album cover art always needs to download

I am not sure if this is a bug or a "feature" but almost every other time I pull up my playlists the app has lost all of the cover art for each album and needs to redownload them all. This is very annoying because I have to wait until each cover art ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am not sure if this is a bug or a "feature" but almost every other time I pull up my playlists the app has lost all of the cover art for each album and needs to redownload them all. This is very an...
  • Seabass4life
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloading every single day

Hello. I have a big problem with my app.... I have to download my playlist every single day.... Downloading my playlist of songs - about 500, and I have it saved. But next day, when I need to use my spotify outside - no music, again 0...And I need to...

• Regular
  • Hello. I have a big problem with my app.... I have to download my playlist every single day.... Downloading my playlist of songs - about 500, and I have it saved. But next day, when I need t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC ONE, Ipod Touch and my old HIFI

I´m considering buying a HTC ONE m8, and Spotify is connected in the subscription plan. I´ve never done the streaming thing, and I have all my music on an Ipod Touch (4G) that´s hooked up to my HIFI with an audio jack. Before I buy the phone I want t...

• Casual Listener
  • I´m considering buying a HTC ONE m8, and Spotify is connected in the subscription plan. I´ve never done the streaming thing, and I have all my music on an Ipod Touch (4G) that´s hooked up to my HIFI ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Effects Issue

Seriously, what's going on with the audio effects issue on Samsung devices? How long is this going to continue without any meaningful response or attempt at resolution from Spotify? This has been going on for several months so although I am paying fo...

• Regular
  • Seriously, what's going on with the audio effects issue on Samsung devices? How long is this going to continue without any meaningful response or attempt at resolution from Spotify? This has been goi...
  • DJtiger
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

downloading

I press download on my droid to download to playlist. It's now downloading 1500 plus songs. How do I make it stop downloading?

• I press download on my droid to download to playlist. It's now downloading 1500 plus songs. How do I make it stop downloading?
  • townlakeangel
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Wireless settings

I am using a Samsung Tablet 3 Lite with wifi. After palying a song or two, I ALWAYS lose my internet connection. No other wifi devises here have this issue. I have ATT DSL. ATT is wondering if there are specific router settings I need to know about. ...

• Regular
  • I am using a Samsung Tablet 3 Lite with wifi.  After palying a song or two, I ALWAYS lose my internet connection.  No other wifi devises here have this issue.  I have ATT DSL.  AT...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

**bleep** Spotify

I have never been more upset with an app in my entire life. I literally spent DAYS making playlists and downloading all of the music I wanted via spotify premium before leaving on a 3 week business trip. The day I landed the app tells me that the ver...

• Casual Listener
  • I have never been more upset with an app in my entire life.  I literally spent DAYS making playlists and downloading all of the music I wanted via spotify premium before leaving on a 3 week busi...
  • Andrews32
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Last chance for spotify

Hello, I have used spotify premium since 2011, I love how it works on my computer but the android app has never been realy good. Since a couple of days i cant use spotify anymore on my phone, I am giving it one last shot: 1:What doe i have to do to m...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   I have used spotify premium since 2011, I love how it works on my computer but the android app has never been realy good. Since a couple of days i cant use spotify anymore on my p...
  • harpingon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music doesn't duck/lower when played through AUX or headphones

It's a great implentation if done correctly. Music does duck when getting a notification or driving directions through speakers, but when listening to my music in my car or while wearing headphones my music will mute (Not pause) and continue back at ...

• It's a great implentation if done correctly. Music does duck when getting a notification or driving directions through speakers, but when listening to my music in my car or while wearing headphones ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Music doesn't lower duck aux headphones earphones
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Note 3 premium member now working.

First off... I am a premium member. I have a Note 3 that has upgraded the firmware and the newest version of Spotify. Ever since the updates every time I start to play a song. It stops and the program flashes and restets. I have not been able to play...

• First off... I am a premium member. I have a Note 3 that has upgraded the firmware and the newest version of Spotify. Ever since the updates every time I start to play a song. It stops and the progra...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android not playing
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Download local files

Hello, Spotify.This post was overdue for me to make. In light of recent events I've come to try the new app (been using an old one, from late 2012) and still, the ability to sync and download my music on my computer (mp3s and m4as) is not there yet. ...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello, Spotify. This post was overdue for me to make. In light of recent events I've come to try the new app (been using an old one, from late 2012) and still, the ability to sync and download my ...
  • YouKS
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes