Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Weird ad about a bomb accident in Sportify Premium

This morning I was taking a shower with Spotify on. (Wireless speaker and phone in other room) But after a couple of songs this weird 'ad' comes up. A women talking in bad English how she lost an eye because of a bomb. After the weird story my playli...

• Casual Listener
  • This morning I was taking a shower with Spotify on. (Wireless speaker and phone in other room) But after a couple of songs this weird 'ad' comes up. A women talking in bad English how she lost an eye...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Device not showing up on windows 8.1, also songs wont sync on phone over Wi-Fi

Pc has OS 8.1 pro, and my phone is LG Optimus G Pro with android version 4.1.2 I have been on the forums for awhile and have tried every solution found. ranging from deleting all info from phone, to turning off my firewall and anti-virus. Any help wo...

• Casual Listener
  • Pc has OS 8.1 pro, and my phone is LG Optimus G Pro with android version 4.1.2   I have been on the forums for awhile and have tried every solution found. ranging from deleting all info from...
  • Bizzuh
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify mobile refuses to download music, after 12 or so tracks.

Hey team. Firstly can I say I abolutely love your product, I think the ten dollars a month I pay for it is the best investment I make. It is the knees of the bee. However, lately I have been having a lot of trouble using the spotify app with my new p...

• Regular
  • Hey team. Firstly can I say I abolutely love your product, I think the ten dollars a month I pay for it is the best investment I make. It is the knees of the bee.   However, lately I have ...
  • JonoNZ
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Login/playback issues on Nexus 5

Login on with Facebook, get 'login failed' message but it still logs in. If I play a song, it plays for 4-9 seconds then the sound stops though it looks like its still playing. Also keeps crashing back to the login page, then back to the opening page...

• Login on with Facebook, get 'login failed' message but it still logs in. If I play a song, it plays for 4-9 seconds then the sound stops though it looks like its still playing. Also keeps crashing ba...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Freezing/unresponsive navigating the app.

Over the last few updates spotify has become very frustrating to use. The app seems to freeze or become unreponsive while just navigating play lists. Even in offline mode trying to open a list that is made available offline can cause it to freeze. So...

• Music Fan
  • Over the last few updates spotify has become very frustrating to use.  The app seems to freeze or become unreponsive while just navigating play lists.  Even in offline mode trying to open a...
  • kandlclark
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

can't select download

..other than from playlist view. This new version seems like a downgrade with an ugly and annoying huge shuffle button (I never shuffle).

• Casual Listener
  • ..other than from playlist view. This new version seems like a downgrade with an ugly and annoying huge shuffle button (I never shuffle).
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app on Galaxy S4 shows songs playing on other devices

I'm not sure if this is a normal behavior, but it's incredibly annoying. On my Galaxy S4 (newest OS version and Spotify app version), when Spotify is used on my iPhone, iPad, Roku, etc, the Galaxy S4 turns on the Spotify notification and shows me eve...

• I'm not sure if this is a normal behavior, but it's incredibly annoying. On my Galaxy S4 (newest OS version and Spotify app version), when Spotify is used on my iPhone, iPad, Roku, etc, the Galaxy S4...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to get rid of the annoying SHUFFLE button?

Since the latest update there is a big annoying SHUFFLE button hovering over my tracks listing. I have never and will never use this function. I am mainly using spottify in my car and just want to set and forget. Having this large button hovering ove...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the latest update there is a big annoying SHUFFLE button hovering over my tracks listing. I have never and will never use this function. I am mainly using spottify in my car and just want to se...
  • basical
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Move Offline folder to other android device

Hi, I have to Android devices. One Galaxy s3 mini mobile and one Galaxy Tab 2 tablet. Ive install spotify on both devices and have a premium account, so that I can dowload music for offline use. I have a playlist on my mobile device, which has 250 so...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have to Android devices. One Galaxy s3 mini mobile and one Galaxy Tab 2 tablet. Ive install spotify on both devices and have a premium account, so that I can dowload music for o...
  • rugal_n
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music mutes when other sounds play.

Hi people at spotify. Would you please add an option to your android app for it to dont pause music when wheres another sound comming out of the phone? Its anoying to drive with gps voice on when the music pauses every turn!! Also I think it mutes so...

• Hi people at spotify. Would you please add an option to your android app for it to dont pause music when wheres another sound comming out of the phone? Its anoying to drive with gps voice on when the...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

(Yet Another) SD Card Question

Running Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4.2) on a Samsung Galaxy S3 I previously had a 32 GB SD card and did not have any issues. I bought a new SanDisk 64GB microSD card solely for loading it up with more music. However, I am having issues with saving to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Running Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4.2) on a Samsung Galaxy S3   I previously had a 32 GB SD card and did not have any issues.  I bought a new SanDisk 64GB microSD card solely for loadin...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bug Reports

So after 8 hours of playing music the song playing tab disappeared and it is consistent that I don't know why. Just wanted to tell someone hope this helps

• So after 8 hours of playing music the song playing tab disappeared and it is consistent that I don't know why. Just wanted to tell someone hope this helps
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Very Slow and causing phone restart

Since the last update, Spotify takes around 5-10 minutes just to allow me to do anything (view playlists, play a song, view or search for items). I thought it was my phone so I completely uninstalled and reinstalled. That did not work. Tried restorin...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the last update, Spotify takes around 5-10 minutes just to allow me to do anything (view playlists, play a song, view or search for items).  I thought it was my phone so I completely unins...
  • DrewBohannon
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify seaeching not working on android 3.2

nothing that work or change. textboard also

• Regular
  • nothing that work or change. textboard also
  • discoikungshamn
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems not playing with Alcatel OneTouch 983

I'm running the latest version of Spotify available on my Alcatel OneTouch 983 that currently has Android 2.3.7.I had Spotify working beofre (about a year ago) but the latest version doesn't seem to work at all. I can access my files but can't play a...

• Regular
  • I'm running the latest version of Spotify available on my Alcatel OneTouch 983 that currently has Android 2.3.7. I had Spotify working beofre (about a year ago) but the latest version doesn't seem...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sync'ed Local Files: no volume when Playing, no error message.

Hello! On the latest version I have run into a strange problem. I can sync a Playlist containing only Local Files, and it shows 100% Complete. But when I try to play the songs, only the first 209 songs actually work. The rest does not give an error m...

• Music Fan
  • Hello! On the latest version I have run into a strange problem. I can sync a Playlist containing only Local Files, and it shows 100% Complete. But when I try to play the songs, only the first&nbs...
  • MrGlenn
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Your Music

After the last Update in the menu it sais YOUR MUSIC but why does it not say MY MUSIC or something like that, it makes it more personal as it is My mobile with the music I decided to listen so it is more MY music than Your music..... It's just a litt...

• Music Fan
  • After the last Update in the menu it sais YOUR MUSIC but why does it not say MY MUSIC or something like that, it makes it more personal as it is My mobile with the music I decided to listen so it is ...
  • HansStrik
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

bug

Theres a bug on my spotify. The filter is gone on my playlist section.

• Visitor
  • Theres a bug on my spotify. The filter is gone on my playlist section.
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! icon definition

I searched the spotify documentation and this forum and can't seem to find my answer. After you select a playlist, start playing a song, then slide the song display up so you can see the album art, there's two icons on the upper right of the screen. ...

• I searched the spotify documentation and this forum and can't seem to find my answer. After you select a playlist, start playing a song, then slide the song display up so you can see the album art, t...
  • sassysu11
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify not working on Samsung 3 mini

Spotify is just not working on my Samsung S3 mini. When I'm not on wifi songs take between 10 and 25 seconds to start that's if the tracks I've downloaded are available, most of the tracks when off-line are marked as 'not available' When I'm back on ...

• Regular
  • Spotify is just not working on my Samsung S3 mini.  When I'm not on wifi songs take between 10 and 25 seconds to start that's if the tracks I've downloaded are available, most of the tracks...
  • kenyard
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes