Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Explicit lyrics on desktop become edited on Android mobile app

I recently noticed that some of the songs I have downloaded to my mobile device are edited when I specifically added the explicit version. Example: Backpackers from Childish Gambino's ablum Camp. Noticed it was edited while driving into work today. G...

• Music Fan
  • I recently noticed that some of the songs I have downloaded to my mobile device are edited when I specifically added the explicit version.   Example: Backpackers from Childish Gambino's ablu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums and Songs missing from ipad and android devices

Albums and Songs missing from ipad and android devicesHi all,I have 16 songs in a playlist for 何韻詩 , this works perfectly on the PC, with either web player or Spotify PC cilent.However on mobile devices, there are only 9 tracks???Android: Shows "16 t...

• Regular
  • Albums and Songs missing from ipad and android devices Hi all, I have 16 songs in a playlist for 何韻詩 , this works perfectly on the PC, with either web player or Spotify PC cilent. However on...
  • Ulfis
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

last fm scrobbling

Is anyone having lastfm issues from the android app. I know lastfm had issues this week but deezer and google play are now scrobbling fine, spotify is having issues from all my android devices, not tried the desktop.

• Roadie
  • Is anyone having lastfm issues from the android app. I know lastfm had issues this week but deezer and google play are now scrobbling fine, spotify is having issues from all my android devices, not t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving offline play lists to ad card

So I've been trying multiple times to move my offline olaylists to my 32gb so card but every time it saves to my phones local storage which only has about a gig left on it. My ad card is completely empty yet Spotify won't move the playlists. I've tri...

• So I've been trying multiple times to move my offline olaylists to my 32gb so card but every time it saves to my phones local storage which only has about a gig left on it. My ad card is completely e...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I have a Spotify Playlist that isn't allowing me to add more than 111 songs.

I don't get any sort of error message. The new songs just don't get added. I only use Spotify on my cell phone and Samsung Smart TV.

• Casual Listener
  • I don't get any sort of error message. The new songs just don't get added. I only use Spotify on my cell phone and Samsung Smart TV.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

"Your music" to starred?

Hello, How to copy/move the music from "your music" to starred? I have an AV Receiver (Onkyo) which I'm using with Spotify and it uses the old fashioned starred list. I don't count on Onkyo to release a firmware to use the "your music" system. So, my...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   How to copy/move the music from "your music" to starred?   I have an AV Receiver (Onkyo) which I'm using with Spotify and it uses the old fashioned starred list. I don't ...
  • ouais25
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Your Music
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! can't log in

I recently got a new phone and can't log into my account it keeps saying we're having trouble try again later, at least 5or6 times. Is anyone else receiving this message on androids?

• Regular
  • I recently got a new phone and can't log into my account it keeps saying we're having trouble try again later, at least 5or6 times. Is anyone else receiving this message on androids?
  • mactres
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I stop Spotify using data when I'm not on WiFi?

When I'm not using wifi, and using downloaded playlists, in private mode, download over 2G/3G switched off, And "background data" is disabled in the app settings. it still uses data! Megabytes of the stuff. This is totally unacceptable because it is ...

• Roadie
  • When I'm not using wifi, and using downloaded playlists, in private mode, download over 2G/3G switched off, And "background data" is disabled in the app settings. it still uses data! Megabytes of the...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing after ten minutes when on WIFI but plays fine when using 4G

Whenever I try to stream music on my KINDLE or my ANDROID phone (HTC THUNDERBOLT) the music will stop playing after ten minutes (even if it's in the middle of a song). This happens when I'm on WIFI. If I have the phone in 4G mode, it plays fine. I ha...

• Regular
  • Whenever I try to stream music on my KINDLE or my ANDROID phone  (HTC THUNDERBOLT) the music will stop playing after ten minutes (even if it's in the middle of a song). This happens when I'm on ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

code #1118578

Spotify isn't allowing me to sign in using facebook and it is giving me a code of #1118578. How do i get this fixed on droid 4. Android version 4.0.4

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify isn't allowing me to sign in using facebook and it is giving me a code of #1118578. How do i get this fixed on droid 4. Android version 4.0.4
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

progress bar and next button navigation gone?

I just updated to the newest version on my android device. Where did the screen go where I could use the progress bar and next button to navigate music?

• Casual Listener
  • I just updated to the newest version on my android device. Where did the screen go where I could use the progress bar and next button to navigate music?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! can't download offline tracks since new version

Hello everyone, here's my problem: I am an android user and until yesterday had no trouble at all listening to music offline on my phone. Then Spotify asked me to get the new version (the app is now called Spotify music) and since then I have not bee...

• Hello everyone,   here's my problem: I am an android user and until yesterday had no trouble at all listening to music offline on my phone. Then Spotify asked me to get the new version (the ...
  • pauljb07
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Android 2.3.4 problem

I'm having trouble installing app on Android 2.3.4. Installed old one, Spotify says "You need to update Spotify", pressing on "DOWNLOAD" opens Play Store with new app called "Spotify Music", however I can't install it as "Your device isn't compatible...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having trouble installing app on Android 2.3.4. Installed old one, Spotify says "You need to update Spotify", pressing on "DOWNLOAD" opens Play Store with new app called "Spotify Music", however ...
  • einoras
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

not working offline

upgraded to premium 3 hrs ago so i could listen to playlists i have in offline mode ,not needing wi-fi or wireless ,as soon as i left my house the music started to cut out ,then come bk on cut out then come bk ,so i came home poarked on my drive ,and...

• Casual Listener
  • upgraded to premium 3 hrs ago so i could listen to playlists i have in offline mode ,not needing wi-fi or wireless ,as soon as i left my house the music started to cut out ,then come bk on cut out th...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

kindle

I have a kindle fire and downloaded spotify and it works, sort of. It will only play shuffled songs, and it shows all my playlists, but I click on the songs and they don't work. What do I do?

• Regular
  • I have a kindle fire and downloaded spotify and it works, sort of. It will only play shuffled songs, and it shows all my playlists, but I click on the songs and they don't work. What do I do?
  • Furioso
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New offline android device added every day

Hello,Since I got my HTC One (m7) a few weeks ago, every couple of days my spotify app would tell me that I have exceeded my permitted 3 offline synced devices, and wipe all my downloaded songs. I have now cleared all my offline devices using the web...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, Since I got my HTC One (m7) a few weeks ago, every couple of days my spotify app would tell me that I have exceeded my permitted 3 offline synced devices, and wipe all my downloaded songs. ...
  • smetzler
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

offline lists disapeared

Hi, This weekend I downloaded a bunch of songs for my holiday. Yesterday, suddenly I had to log in again and when I did this, all my offline lists disapeared. I started downloading again. Will the songs disappear again? what happened? Hope you'll hav...

• Hi,   This weekend I downloaded a bunch of songs for my holiday. Yesterday, suddenly I had to log in again and when I did this,  all my offline lists disapeared.    I star...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Explicit on Shuffle/Edited in Album

For example, if I go to Childish Gambino and hit shuffle, I get songs with explicit lyrics. However if I go into an album, the song is then edited. It seems to happen specifically with the album Camp (i.e., the song Bonfire or Backpackers). I also no...

• For example, if I go to Childish Gambino and hit shuffle, I get songs with explicit lyrics.  However if I go into an album, the song is then edited.  It seems to happen specifically with th...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow on new KitKat

My spotify got incredible slow after latest software update! Any suggestions?

• My spotify got incredible slow after latest software update! Any suggestions?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes