Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists screen constantly refreshing

Under Your Music the Playlists screen is constantly reloading to the point that it is unusable. This started happening with the most recent update for both myself and my wife. If you go the Playlists page it shows a placeholder row for each playlist ...

• Casual Listener
  • Under Your Music the Playlists screen is constantly reloading to the point that it is unusable. This started happening with the most recent update for both myself and my wife.  If you go the Pla...
  • TheSco0b
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

HELP- Web Player Problems

Some times (the most of times) I open the app on my galaxy s4 active or my galaxy note 8.0 and the sesions estar over again, and my playlist that where abailavles offline, appear only for onlin, and got to start downlodaing again.! what can I do!!!

• Some times (the most of times) I open the app on my galaxy s4 active or my galaxy note 8.0 and the sesions estar over again, and my playlist that where abailavles offline, appear only for onlin, and ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming on other devices

This morning I was listening to Spotify on my Android phone.When my wife tried to start listening on her Android phone her song started on my device and she didn´t hear anything on hers. Earlier the same problem have resulted in that spotify stops on...

• This morning I was listening to Spotify on my Android phone. When my wife tried to start listening on her Android phone her song started on my device and she didn´t hear anything on hers. Earlier ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat Only One Song...and One song Only.

Alrighty, I have been reading all the posts about how to find the repeat button. I found it but it doesn't seem to be working for me. So I play a song. tap the album cover and then click repeat. I would normally think that doing this would cause spot...

• Alrighty, I have been reading all the posts about how to find the repeat button.  I found it but it doesn't seem to be working for me.  So I play a song.  tap the album cover and then ...
  • Feimitsu
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't move data to sd card.

Hey everyone, i'm having trouble moving the spotify offline data. I've tried installing the old version and changing the directory to my external sd, but when i go into spotify and download a playlist, it still downloads to my internal storage. Any h...

• Music Fan
  • Hey everyone, i'm having trouble moving the spotify offline data. I've tried installing the old version and changing the directory to my external sd, but when i go into spotify and download a playlis...
  • Mjiacik
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Trying to log in from a different country

Hi. I use spotify from Turkey. It has newly entered our borders. I normally use spotify from my samsung tablet. But lately when i try to login it gives me.an error saying "trying to login from a different country" (i dont know if this is the exact me...

• Regular
  • Hi. I use spotify from Turkey. It has newly entered our borders. I normally use spotify from my samsung tablet. But lately when i try to login it gives me.an error saying "trying to login from a diff...
  • Sareban
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't locate my phone over wi-fi

I know ALOT of other people have this problem, and I've read several other threads about it, and I've tried everything and it still can't find my over wifi. If Spotify don't make syncing with your phone available through USB, I will cancel my premium...

• Casual Listener
  • I know ALOT of other people have this problem, and I've read several other threads about it, and I've tried everything and it still can't find my over wifi.    If Spotify don't make syn...
  • Jamedjo
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Logout

Every time I try to get on Spotify, it asks me to log in again. This causes problems, since it's finally able to download to my SD card and every time it does this it loses all downloaded content and settings (but still takes up space on my card). Ph...

• Regular
  • Every time I try to get on Spotify, it asks me to log in again. This causes problems, since it's finally able to download to my SD card and every time it does this it loses all downloaded content and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify saving songs & using space even when online?

I cleared all Spotify data (and re-logged in), so I'm starting "fresh". I have NO playlists set to sync for offline use Spotify is in online mode. If I then look at the DATA used by the Spotify app, it grows and grows as I listen to music, consuming ...

• Visitor
  • I cleared all Spotify data (and re-logged in), so I'm starting "fresh".   I have NO playlists set to sync for offline use   Spotify is in online mode.   If I then look at t...
  • Feimitsu
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

App on phone says logged into three devices when I am not

SO for last month app has not worked. Resets every 8 seconds, totally useles, but I keep trying. Today the app tells me I am logged into 3 devices already. Go online and make sure I am not logged in anywhere. Ty again and still tells me I am synced w...

• Music Fan
  • SO for last month app has not worked. Resets every 8 seconds, totally useles, but I keep trying. Today the app tells me I am logged into 3 devices already. Go online and make sure I am not logged in ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Gift Card Issues

Hi Guys I recently purchased a 3 month gift card on the 20/05/14 for my girlfriend who lives in Spain. She's having trouble redeeming the code as I purchased the gift card online in the Uk. What do i need to do? Should I cancel the card? Its a birthd...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Guys  I recently purchased a 3 month gift card on the 20/05/14 for my girlfriend who lives in Spain. She's having trouble redeeming the code as I purchased the gift card online in the Uk. Wh...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify permanently crashing since last update

Since the last major update has been released (new design & visuals) Spotify doesn't work anymore. Everytime I start the application it simply closes the app, without giving me any notice or error code. I have narrowed it down to the error being the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the last major update has been released (new design & visuals) Spotify doesn't work anymore. Everytime I start the application it simply closes the app, without giving me any notice or erro...
  • timn1991
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

normal sound over speakers, broken sound with In-Ears

Hello, I use Samsung GT-i9000 with Firmware Version 2.2 I installed the newest Version of Spotify and I´m Premium User. I use Vivanco In-Ears. When I listen to music via Spotify using the integrated speakers from my mobile phone, music sounds correct...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I use Samsung GT-i9000 with Firmware Version 2.2  I installed the newest Version of Spotify and I´m Premium User. I use Vivanco In-Ears.   When I listen to music via Spotif...
  • Stelzbock44
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem connecting as a remote

Im trying to connect my phone as a romeote for spotify but spotify wont find my phone as a device. I saw somewhere that my PC needs to be connected wirelessly for it to work.So my question is:How do i connect my phone to a wired PC?

• Casual Listener
  • Im trying to connect my phone as a romeote for spotify but spotify wont find my phone as a device.  I saw somewhere that my PC needs to be connected wirelessly for it to work. So my question...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Randomly switching to playlist overview during playblack

Recently I've been noticing that when I'm listening to a playlist, the Now Playing/playback screen will randomly just switch back to the Playlist Overview, as if I hit the X in the upper left corner. This just started happening in the last week or tw...

• Regular
  • Recently I've been noticing that when I'm listening to a playlist, the Now Playing/playback screen will randomly just switch back to the Playlist Overview, as if I hit the X in the upper left corner....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

double... triple albums.. track listing wrong order

Hey on the new looking android app... 1.0.0.82.... when I save an album to "your music" after a while the tracks will be in the wrong order... for example track 1 from cd 2 will become the first track.... followed by track 1 from cd1.... hate this so...

• Regular
  • Hey on the new looking android app... 1.0.0.82.... when I save an album to "your music" after a while the tracks will be in the wrong order... for example track 1 from cd 2 will become the first trac...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! We're PAYING for Android access, so why is "SHUFFLE" forced down our throats?

Really curious here guys: The new Android redesign looks OK (to be honest seems really over-designed, the kind of thing a 22 year old with a $3000 Apple computer and about $0 of UX sense would make) But why is there a "SHUFFLE" button that takes up 1...

• Music Fan
  • Really curious here guys: The new Android redesign looks OK (to be honest seems really over-designed, the kind of thing a 22 year old with a $3000 Apple computer and about $0 of UX sense would m...
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Entire Android OS Crashes with Spotify over Car Bluetooth

Hey all, I recently updated my Spotify app to the most recent version and brought over my iTunes library into My Music, and soon after doing both things I started encountering an issue with playback on my HTC One (M7). For some reason, after making t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all,   I recently updated my Spotify app to the most recent version and brought over my iTunes library into My Music, and soon after doing both things I started encountering an issue wit...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify connect stopped working

I've been a spotify premium customer for some time and use a Pioneer AV receiver that I normally connect to using Spotify Connect on HTC One (m8). I switched to a new Vodafone contract that includes a spotify subscription and ever since on new accoun...

• Regular
  • I've been a spotify premium customer for some time and use a Pioneer AV receiver that I normally connect to using Spotify Connect on HTC One (m8). I switched to a new Vodafone contract that includes ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes