Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing non-downloaded songs seems broken

Playing non-downloaded songs seems broken

Recently when I've tried to stream or download music using WiFi I receive a message saying the song can't be played, even if I have a solid WiFi connection. If I then login to YouTube and stream a song on that it streams fine over WiFi, so I'm convinced it is a Spotify issue weather than an issue with WiFi.

In addition to this I've allowed my phone to "download using cellular" to try and get round this issue, but the Spotify app doesn't seem to pay any attention to the fact I've enabled that setting. I'm still receiving the message to enable that setting when I try and download music even though I've already enabled it.

These issues haven't been present for long so I reckon there has been a recent update which has caused them.

Thanks.
1 Reply

Hey @kilmarnockdave,

Looks like you may need a clean install, which means deleting everything Spotify has created in your phone:

1. Uninstall the app from phone by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
2. Using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted if they still exist:

• /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts