Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline music not available

Around every payment cycle even though my subscription is continuous, the offline music stored on my android phone is automatically removed and I have to download them again every month. I know Spotify wants to check every month whether the subscript...

• Around every payment cycle even though my subscription is continuous, the offline music stored on my android phone is automatically removed and I have to download them again every month. I know Spoti...
  • evigeland
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android - "Share - share via" ?!

So, I am trying to share a song with someone else by sending them a song in spotify.However, when I click share, this pop up asks me what I would like to "share via"? Spotify isn't an option but nearly every other app in my phone is?Anyone know how t...

• So, I am trying to share a song with someone else by sending them a song in spotify. However, when I click share, this pop up asks me what I would like to "share via"? Spotify isn't an option but ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

why cant we listen to more than one device at a time offline

I have downloaded my offline music but when my wife and i want to hear our offline music on our separate devices one will transfer to the other and only one device will play at a time. what can I do about this?

• Casual Listener
  • I have downloaded my offline music but when my wife and i want to hear our offline music on our separate devices one will transfer to the other and only one device will play at a time. what can I do ...
  • BIGtexian
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung S7 "Off line" mode in playlist changed to "Download/downloaded"

My S7 has Android version 6.0.1. I don't know if that should make any difference, but my playlists no longer have the Offline Mode. They now say download (grey button) or Downloaded (green button). Has anyone else noticed this.Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • My S7 has Android version 6.0.1. I don't know if that should make any difference, but my playlists no longer have the Offline Mode. They now say download (grey button) or Downloaded (green button). H...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Enable album art on lock screen

HiI am using Nexus 6pBut I am missing the feature of showing the album art on the lock screen, I have searched but didn't find any solution for this

• Hi I am using Nexus 6p But I am missing the feature of showing the album art on the lock screen, I have searched but didn't find any solution for this
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't close.

Exactly, after i swipe up to close spotify it just keeps playing music and then i have to manually force stop it from the settings. And secondly, the widget to spotify player doesn't work properly but that's the least of my problems.

• Casual Listener
  • Exactly, after i swipe up to close spotify it just keeps playing music and then i have to manually force stop it from the settings. And secondly, the widget to spotify player doesn't work properly bu...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • "spotify" "won't" "close"
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Using sd card with offline music on 2 devices

Hi All, I have question if it is possible to use the same sd card (with spotify music downloaded to offline mode) on two android devices. I have a premium account on spotify and using it normally on my phone. But have also a car with android system a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All,   I have question if it is possible to use the same sd card (with spotify music downloaded to offline mode) on two android devices. I have a premium account on spotify and using it nor...
  • Matt8407
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback jumps when Huawei P9 Lite home buttons clicked

When I hit one of either the triangle or circle 'home' buttons the playback skips ever so slightly. For some reason it doesn't happen with the square button.Has anyone else experienced this?

• Regular
  • When I hit one of either the triangle or circle 'home' buttons the playback skips ever so slightly. For some reason it doesn't happen with the square button. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • shouldibedamned
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I cannot play anything

SOLVEDJust uninstalled the Amplify Battery Extender and its working again=== START OF TEMPLATE ===Brief description of the issue:I cannot play anything from days ago now.The only way I found to play music is if you select start listening radio from t...

• Regular
  • SOLVED Just uninstalled the Amplify Battery Extender and its working again === START OF TEMPLATE === Brief description of the issue: I cannot play anything from days ago now. The only way I ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound distorted randomly on any song

Hello friends, I have a Xiaomi MI4 and Premium Spotify. After i decided to use my sennheiser cx300s sound is getting choked and distorted very randomly. It's like when your pc is having hard time on rams, sound is getting distorted if you know what i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello friends,   I have a Xiaomi MI4 and Premium Spotify. After i decided to use my sennheiser cx300s sound is getting choked and distorted very randomly. It's like when your pc is having hard...
  • Denizhangnn
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Been premium for a year and it kicked me back to free 30 day trial

Have tried all the advice on support and it doesn't help. I've been premium for a long time and am pissed. Nothing changed with my device or bank account. Use Samsung galaxy s4. No marshmallow update.

• Casual Listener
  • Have tried all the advice on support and it doesn't help. I've been premium for a long time and am pissed. Nothing changed with my device or bank account. Use Samsung galaxy s4. No marshmallow update.
  • Annoyed270
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging in

It keeps telling me that my Facebook isn't linked to my email so I can't recover my old Spotify account that has all my music on it

• It keeps telling me that my Facebook isn't linked to my email so I can't recover my old Spotify account that has all my music on it
  • anjieeeeeeeeee
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Google Maps stops when spotify is playing

I have a Moto G Android that in the past worked really well to use spotify and maps at the same time. But now I have noticed that I'll start my directions on google maps and if I try to play a spotify song at the same time, google maps just stops and...

• Regular
  • I have a Moto G Android that in the past worked really well to use spotify and maps at the same time. But now I have noticed that I'll start my directions on google maps and if I try to play a spotif...
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution After downloading the songs, are not available offline

I downloaded some songs but when activated offline mode, these songs are no longer available. Sometimes the application stops working when I try to view my playlist. I tried to download these songs several times, are about 20 songs, I checked my inte...

• I downloaded some songs but when activated offline mode, these songs are no longer available. Sometimes the application stops working when I try to view my playlist. I tried to download these songs s...
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • not available offline songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

MP3 syncing

Why can I listen to MP3 files on my desktop but not on my phone? I synced some files from my library to Spotify, and I can play the just fine on my laptop but when i save them on my phone, it says that song is unavailable. PLEASE HELP I'M FREAKING OU...

• Casual Listener
  • Why can I listen to MP3 files on my desktop but not on my phone? I synced some files from my library to Spotify, and I can play the just fine on my laptop but when i save them on my phone, it says th...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    mp3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Every Song I Play Stops Playing After A Few Minutes

No matter what song I try to play, if it's being streamed, the songs always stops a minute or 2 after starting. I have had more problems with this company than I've ever had with any other online streaming service. So much promise wasted on no custom...

• No matter what song I try to play, if it's being streamed, the songs always stops a minute or 2 after starting. I have had more problems with this company than I've ever had with any other online str...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Every song is not available

What ever song I select it won't play, it just pop out a window says that I've discovered a premium feature. I've been reinstalling the spa five times and restarting my device over fifteen times for two days.Ps I was in America and now I'm currently ...

• What ever song I select it won't play, it just pop out a window says that I've discovered a premium feature. I've been reinstalling the spa five times and restarting my device over fifteen times for ...
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't pick song

I'm not able to pick the song I want to hear. This started last week. Also my play list disappeared. I tried to upgrade to premium, submitted all my payment info then it said I currently have a similar trial. I have uninstalled the app and also logge...

• Visitor
  • I'm not able to pick the song I want to hear. This started last week. Also my play list disappeared. I tried to upgrade to premium, submitted all my payment info then it said I currently have a simil...
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there an x86 android apk for spotify, and if so where can I find it?

Is there an x86 version of android apk manual install available somewhere? I only find for arm on Spotify.com (and elsewhere on the web). Now that the Spotify Android SDK supports x86 I think it would be a good idea to supply an x86 version of the ma...

• Gig Goer
  • Is there an x86 version of android apk manual install available somewhere? I only find for arm on Spotify.com (and elsewhere on the web). Now that the Spotify Android SDK supports x86 I think it woul...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes