Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing whole album immediately

Solved!

Playing whole album immediately

Hi, I recently got premium and decided to install the android app. However, I can't figure out for the life of me how to play a whole album immediately. I can add it to queue, but if I decide partway through my queue that I'd rather listen to a different album (in order, not shuffled) I can't seem to do it. Going to my queue and tapping a later album just plays that one track, then it goes back to the start of the queue.

Is there some way I can push an album to the top of the queue? This is really frustrating. I don't want to have to clear all data and log in again (seems to be the only way to empty the queue) every time I change what album I want to listen to. I get that a lot of people these days just shuffle everything, but I really like listening to albums in sequence.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just play a track from the album and the rest will be queued behind it automatically.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Just play a track from the album and the rest will be queued behind it automatically.

Yeah, I actually just figured that out. I'm used to using the options menu to queue/play stuff from other apps, and none of those enable you to switch what's playing. Just tapping something in a different album/playlist/etc works. As long as the functionality is there, I'm happy.

Spotify can be a bit baffling at first, especially if you have used other music apps so shout if you need anything 🙂

Ugh. I cannot find a way to play an album in order when I want, I have the 0.99 cent 3 month premium subscription.

If I go to My Music, browse to a downloaded album and hit the first song in the list of songs, it will play that one song and after it completes returns to playing whatever other songs are in the play queue. The rest of the album is added to the bottom of the play queue. The play queue itself seems to be totally unmanageable in that you cannot clear it; and you cannot remove songs from it (all of which makes no sense to me - so I am missing something). I tried letting the play queue play to completion to start fresh (which I really did not want to do), but for some reason when the last song in the queue finished playing it seemed to re-queue the entire album I had just finished listening to again. So no go luck there trying to get to a point where I could just listen to a whole album in order. Argh. 

I have not been able to find a way to play albums or even selected songs in the order I would like since I signed up; which is frustrating.

Any help appreciated.

yeah it's maddening. Came over from Rdio where que management was so simple. could move albums around, clear it out, add to front or back etc. There must be a reason spotify has chosen not to make this an option, they're not idiots they have chosen to make this difficult. Ditto with continuin the same que from 1 device to the next. I would like to build my que at work play it, get into the car and have option of coninuing where I left off. Why have they elected to leave this option out?

Suggested posts