Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist entries appearing in albums in album view

Playlist entries appearing in albums in album view

Spotify:4.8.1004

Android 5.02

MotoE 2nd gen

When I download playlists to my phone some of the entries appear as single downloads in the respective album in Albums view.

Is there any way to stop this happening or is it a bug in the Android client? If so how do I report it to Spotify...

It's been happening for quite a few updates now and I'm getting annoyed with it as I would like to have both playlists and saved albums downloaded.

11 Replies

Hi, that sounds like the expected behaviour. Is I download a playlist which contains a mixture of tracks, and then go to the actual album a track is from it will show as downloaded.

Is this what you are seeing as well?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Yeah that sounds about right - But its not all the tracks in all the playlists though... Only select ones for some reason.

Oh, so you mark a playlist to be available offline - but only some of the tracks actually download?

Android Troubleshooting:

All the tracks in the playlist download fine and are playable offline in the Playlist view but some tracks are also appearing in their album that they have been added from in the My Music Album View. 

All I do is download the playlist and they appear in the album view without me doing anything at all.

You can see the album the track is from in the Album list wether you filter your albums or not.

Yep, that's because a track from that album is now available due to being included in one of the playlists you have marked to be available offline. Therefore the entire album will be shown in 'Album' view of 'My Library'.

As mentioned, this is the expected behaviour because it's showing you what's available offline

Android Troubleshooting:

Ah ok cool - Is there a way to hide them from Album View?

You can filter by 'Downloads' to show those albums which are downloaded, but not the opposite.

To view the search/filters go to the respective screen you want in 'My Music' such as 'My Music - Albums' then pull down from the top and you'll see search as well as 3 horizontal lines... tapping these lines takes you to the sort/filters menu

Android Troubleshooting:

Done that - filtered by download and it doesn't filter the albums out that have been added by a playlist entry.

It does filter out all the albums that have not been downloaded or not had an entry downloaded due to a playlist but the ones that have a download because of a playlist are still there in the list...

Maybe a feature that can be added in a later version?

Have you checked to see if that Idea already exists in the Ideas section? If it does then add your Kudos to show your support. If not, create a new idea and if it gets enough Kudos it may well happen!

Android Troubleshooting:

Will do that actually - Will be surprised if I'm the only one who wants hide those albums...

Thanks for thelp anyway - Appreciate it.

I guess I get you. There should be a filter named 'Filter only fully downloaded albums' in my music section. This thing is annoying (for me at least)

Suggested posts