Playlist goes back to the top

Plan

Free

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I realise there is already a post that highlights this issue but that was made in 2015 for a much older version.

I have a playlist that has over 2000 songs on it and whenever i add a song from that playlist onto another one, it goes back to the top so whenever i want to add any other song straight after i have to scroll through those 2000 songs just to get where i was just before.

Like i say this topic was already brought up a while ago but someone really needs to get on this because it needlessly turns an hour long job into 4 hours or more.

7 Replies

Hey there @SylvaDeer

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Do you mind sending us a video recording showing the behavior you describe?

Just attach the video to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

I had to convert the video to a gif because i couldnt upload my .mp4 so its very low quality but i hope you can still make out what happens.

GIF-200416_020415.gif

Im also a Android, i got the Samsung Galaxy 9. Same thing is happening to me. After maybe 20 songs. It goes back to the start of the playlist. Its very annoying. When i go back to where i was. It will play the next song but after thats finished. It will go back to the start again. After changing some settings. Its still doing it.

Hey there @PatpatGETJINXED

Thanks for sending us the image, @SylvaDeer

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

I followed all of the instructions to do a clean reinstall but the problem still persists. As an added point, when the installation had finished when i got back into the app it automatically logged me in (sort of like the phone still has a remnant that ive used the app somewhere) so im thinking that might have something to do with it?

I have a Android as well. I am also experiencing the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S8. I am running Android 9.0. I have 229 songs.

Hey

So i did everything you said. Reinstalled the app. I even clear the data on my phone. Its still doing the same thing. I dont know what to do anymore.

Suggested posts