Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect Workaround

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLG G7 ThinQ and Galaxy Tab S5eOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueA problem I've been dealing with is when I do Spotify Connect to my PS4 which is on the latest version (literally just updated it) I couldn't add a...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device LG G7 ThinQ and Galaxy Tab S5e Operating System Android 9    My Question or Issue A problem I've been dealing with is when I do Spotify Con...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback stops on PC when phone connects to Internet

PlanPremiumCountrycanadaDevice lg G6Operating SystemWin7 My Question or Issue I don't keep the wifi / lte on, I activate it when I need it. I play music on my PC at home. Whenever I connect to the internet on my phone, the playback stops on my PC and...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country canada Device  lg G6 Operating System Win7   My Question or Issue   I don't keep the wifi / lte on, I activate it when I need it. I play music on my PC ...
  • TaTHEj
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Lockscreen Controls Lose Connection to Google Home

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceGoogle Pixel 2Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhen casting to a Google Home speaker, the lock screen playback controls/song info loses connection when the phone is in standby. Have to unlock the phone, ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Google Pixel 2 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue When casting to a Google Home speaker, the lock screen playback controls/so...
  • kicker1
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant keep listening to old songs

Anyone just listening to music and then it goes back to the last song u added after u get into your older liked songs

• Visitor
  • Anyone just listening to music and then it goes back to the last song u added after u get into your older liked songs 
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Pauses Randomly When Listening Offline-Android

Hello! I have a Family Subscription for Spotify. I work in a manufacturing plant that has no wifi or cell service for employees. I use 2 different phones (both Androids) at work. The one phone, which is a Moto G, I hook into the area speaker for ever...

• Visitor
  • Hello! I have a Family Subscription for Spotify. I work in a manufacturing plant that has no wifi or cell service for employees. I use 2 different phones (both Androids) at work. The one phone, which...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • android devices
    Music pauses
    Offline listening
    Random Pauses
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Discover] Artist Feed

I had a bonus feature. There was a flash symbol next to the setting symbol. When you click on it you can see all the new songs/albums which are published from the artists that you're following. With this feature you are always up to date.

• Visitor
  • I had a bonus feature. There was a flash symbol next to the setting symbol. When you click on it you can see all the new songs/albums which are published from the artists that you're following. With ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Pause And Play button not working on lock screen

Hi, Spotify has recently updated and ever since the update to version 8.5.9.737 the play and pause button doesn't function on the lock screen, is there any help for this I have tried clean install but still happening, any help would be much appreciat...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, Spotify has recently updated and ever since the update to version 8.5.9.737 the play and pause button doesn't function on the lock screen, is there any help for this I have tried clean install bu...
  • metaman15
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify does not continue playing after paused for a while.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy 10+, Android AutoOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueHi. I've been having this problem for a few weeks now. If I have Spotify paused for an extended period of time, and I reopen the app...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy 10+, Android Auto Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Hi. I've been having this problem for a few weeks n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Web & Spotify Android App Not Syncing

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADeviceMotorola Z3 Force & ComputerOperating SystemAndroid & Windows 10 My Question or IssueI'm trying to clean up my Library of Liked Songs. I have unlike many songs on the Spotify App for Windows on my computer, but my Spot...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device Motorola Z3 Force & Computer Operating System Android & Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm trying to clean up my Library of Liked Songs....
  • TaTHEj
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Does the Android app still scrobble to Last.fm?

Plan: PremiumCountry: US Device: Pixel 3Operating System: Android version 10 I have Last.fm account hooked up to my Spotify account to help with scrobbling. However, I'm noticing that anything played on my Android device doesn't scrobble to Last.fm. ...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: US   Device: Pixel 3 Operating System: Android version 10   I have Last.fm account hooked up to my Spotify account to help with scrobbling. However, I'm noticin...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't invite invite my son to become a member in the family plan

Plan Family PremiunCountry Denmark DeviceAndroid HuaweiOperating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Hi I am not able to invite my son to family premium plan. We are living under the roof. We have tried the incognito m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premiun Country Denmark   Device Android Huawei Operating System  (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hi I am not able to invite my ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download songs to SD anymore

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSanding Galaxy A10Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueToday I noticed that all of my songs which were downloaded to my SD card started getting downloaded to my phone's internal storage. I went to change th...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device Sanding Galaxy A10 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Today I noticed that all of my songs which were downloaded to my SD...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How getting real customer support?

How can I get real customer support? Usually you get only here the advise: reinstall. But problems are not addressed. I wonder, why I pay a monthly fee.

• Roadie
  • How can I get real customer support?    Usually you get only here the advise: reinstall.    But problems are not addressed. I wonder, why I pay a monthly fee. 
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unlike/Delete Full Album

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSonyOperating System Android My Question or IssueSo if i decide I don't in fact like an album, I go to albums, unlike it (unsave) but this action doesn't automatically unlike the songs in the album (does remove it from t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Sony Operating System  Android    My Question or Issue So if i decide I don't in fact like an album, I go to albums, unlike it (unsave) but...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pausa de música.

PremiumBrasilAndroid 9 Samsung A7 2018Meu aplicativo para música sozinha, e acontece o mesmo quando eu uso o aplicativo Lite. Como resolver ira?

• Visitor
  • Premium Brasil Android 9  Samsung A7 2018 Meu aplicativo para música sozinha, e acontece o mesmo quando eu uso o aplicativo Lite. Como resolver ira?
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Randomly Pausing While Phone Is Locked

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone on here has experienced the same issue? Whenever I have my music playing and my phone has been locked for about 2 to 5 minutes my music will pause at random. This seems to happen intermittently as well. I've gone ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there, I was wondering if anyone on here has experienced the same issue? Whenever I have my music playing and my phone has been locked for about 2 to 5 minutes my music will pause at random. This...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Help
    Music pausing
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Search bug after adding song to queue

PlanPremiumCountryRomaniaDeviceXiaomi Redmi note 8 proOperating SystemAndroid 9 (MIUI 11.0.3) My Question or IssueI search for a song in the search bar, add it to the queue, and after that the keyboard dissapears, removing the possibility to search f...

• Plan Premium Country Romania Device Xiaomi Redmi note 8 pro Operating System Android 9 (MIUI 11.0.3)   My Question or Issue I search for a song in the search bar, add it to the queue, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist goes back to the top

PlanFreeDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI realise there is already a post that highlights this issue but that was made in 2015 for a much older version.I have a playlist that has over 2000 songs on it and whe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I realise there is already a post that highlights this issue but that was made in 2015 for a muc...
  • PatpatGETJINXED
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Next Song Becomes 1st song in Library

I play songs in my liked songs library. However there is something up with a looping piece of code or if statements. Long story short, I play a song far down the list, the queue is correct, next song is the one below the currently playing song. I don...

• Casual Listener
  • I play songs in my liked songs library. However there is something up with a looping piece of code or if statements. Long story short, I play a song far down the list, the queue is correct, next song...
  • julesmm
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

daily mix not refershing

PlanFreeCountrySaudi ArabiaDevice(Samsung Galaxy note 4)Operating System(Android Marshmellow, Windows 10) My Question or IssueHI, Daily mix is one of the most loved features in spotify...just when it works.and by "works" i mean when it does what it i...

• Plan Free Country Saudi Arabia Device (Samsung Galaxy note 4) Operating System (Android Marshmellow, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue HI, Daily mix is one of the most loved features ...
  • TaTHEj
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes