Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files greyed out on tablet!

PremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy Tab 4Operating SystemAndroid.My Question or IssueToday I followed the advice on how to add local files to my Spotify playlist on both my computer and my tab. It all works fine on the computer, however as soon as I...

• Casual Listener
  •   Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Operating System Android. My Question or Issue Today I followed the advice on how to add local files to my Spotify playlist on both my c...
  • DannehMorris
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    local files
    tablet
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution MIUI Global 11.0.3 - Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S

My device is not compatible with the last version of Spotify. Why?. What can I do? I´m premium but with this problem, I guess gonna have to un subscribe to this.

• Visitor
  • My device is not compatible with the last version of Spotify. Why?. What can I do? I´m premium but with this problem, I guess gonna have to un subscribe to this.
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • xioami miui 11
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution spotify app automatically starts at the same time

Hello,I'm having an issue with my android app on Samsung S20+Everyday, at the same time, spotify starts to play the same playlist.... even if the phone is blocked and I'm not using it.Other devices where spotify is configured (pc and google mini) are...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I'm having an issue with my android app on Samsung S20+ Everyday, at the same time, spotify starts to play the same playlist.... even if the phone  is blocked and I'm not using it. Oth...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Import files doesn't load

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 8Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueWhen I try to import files, it says it might take a few minutes, but I've left it for actual hours and it just never finishes loading. I've tried among o...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue When I try to import files, it says it might take a few minutes, but I've lef...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • imported music
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist issues

PlanFreeCountryUsaDeviceNote8 So over the last week I have been having issues adding songs to playlists, if I try to add a song, no notification is given and a lot of times it doesn't show up in the playlist, also, when I try to open an album to add ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Usa Device Note8   So over the last week I have been having issues adding songs to playlists, if I try to add a song, no notification is given and a lot of times it does...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to login in when off line

I usually have my spotify off line to not interfere with other devices on the same wifi (Spotify premium account). Once in a while spotify logs out on a daily basis. When I try to login in, it says I need to go online for that. But obviously I can no...

• Casual Listener
  • I usually have my spotify off line to not interfere with other devices on the same wifi (Spotify premium account). Once in a while spotify logs out on a daily basis.  When I try to login in, it ...
  • famhop5
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't add any song to any playlist

PlanFreeCountryMalaysiaDevicePocophone F1Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI can't add any songs to any of my playlist. I've tried restarting and reinstalling the app, but both methods doesn't work.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Malaysia Device Pocophone F1 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I can't add any songs to any of my playlist. I've tried restarting and reinstalling th...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Login
    Other
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Family Mix song member info not working

PlanPremiumCountryCataloniaDeviceXiaomi mi8Operating SystemAndroid 10My Question or IssueFamília link song info not working, I attach photos, but t'he idea is that when you click on the users pictures it no longer display why the song is un the playl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Catalonia Device Xiaomi mi8 Operating System Android 10 My Question or Issue Família link song info not working, I attach photos, but t'he idea is that when you click on...
  • dsm38
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify disables bluetooth after every played track.

Hi there folks.When I'm using my bluetooth headphones Spotify turns of my bluetooth after every single track it has played. It's not just kicking out my phones it acctually turns the bluetooth off, so I need to reactivate it manually, then make a new...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there folks. When I'm using my bluetooth headphones Spotify turns of my bluetooth after every single track it has played. It's not just kicking out my phones it acctually turns the bluetooth of...
  • willh21
  • 25 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Spotify tech problem
  • 25 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Now Playing Queue keeps resetting

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGoogle Pixel 3aOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueEvery time I restart Spotify, the play queue resets to the same songs not to the songs that should come after the last song I played before I closed it...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Google Pixel 3a Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Every time I restart Spotify, the play queue resets to the same songs not t...
  • Ultimatum21614
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Now playing
    Now Playing Queue
    Play queue
    queue
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't remove songs from a saved album

PlanPremium My Question or IssueSince the new update I can't remove songs I don't like/don't want to download from an album. Before this baffling update, if I didnt want to download certain songs from an album, like instrumentals or outtakes or alter...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue Since the new update I can't remove songs I don't like/don't want to download from an album. Before this baffling update, if I didnt want to d...
  • stevehyland777
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify Delays Launch from Locked Screen

When using google voice assistant to play a song while the phone is locked, there is a significant delay between when my command is accepted and when the song starts playing. Either the app will launch and immediatly pause the song and then restart a...

• Casual Listener
  • When using google voice assistant to play a song while the phone is locked, there is a significant delay between when my command is accepted and when the song starts playing. Either the app will laun...
  • marcellotruzzi
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App closes alone

PlanPremiumCountryChileDeviceXiaomi mi 9tproOperating SystemMIUI global 11.0.4 My Question or Issue The app closes alone after playing normally for some minutes

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Chile Device Xiaomi mi 9tpro Operating System MIUI global 11.0.4   My Question or Issue  The app closes alone after playing normally for some minutes  
  • Vinipupe
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Xiaomi
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no longer playing in call background?

I used to be able to run Spotify in the backgound of phone calls and some apps. The last week or so this hasn't been working. I can launch and sometimes hit play but the music never starts. My husband is having the same issue on his Samsung Note. I s...

• Visitor
  • I used to be able to run Spotify in the backgound of phone calls and some apps. The last week or so this hasn't been working. I can launch and sometimes hit play but the music never starts. My husban...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution FIRE Tablet Spotify stops playing after about 1 minute

PlanPremium CountryUSADeviceFIRE HD8 7th Generation. Operating SystemFIRE OS 5.3.7.0My Question or IssueI have an issue where Spotify will stop playing after 1 minute or so. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of Spotify. The proble...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium  Country USA Device FIRE HD8 7th Generation.  Operating System FIRE OS 5.3.7.0 My Question or Issue I have an issue where Spotify will stop playing after 1 min...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback pauses / stops randomly mid track (Android S9)

Plan - PremiumCountry - DEDevice - (Samsung Galaxy 9) My Question or IssueSpotify playback pause mid track.I have seen a number of reports on this and followed a number of solution suggestions including:- Check for Spotify optimize battery usage is O...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Premium Country - DE Device - (Samsung Galaxy 9)   My Question or Issue Spotify playback pause mid track. I have seen a number of reports on this and followed a number of ...
  • scrutex
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App isn't working anymore

HiToday while I was listening to music on spotify my phone froze and crashed multiple times. Afterwards I wasn't able to start spotify, so I forced the app to stop. It still wasn't working so I deinstalled and reinstalled the app. Now I only get to t...

• Visitor
  • Hi Today while I was listening to music on spotify my phone froze and crashed multiple times. Afterwards I wasn't able to start spotify, so I forced the app to stop. It still wasn't working so I dei...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No more local files?

I am really upset right now. I was trying to download my local files to my cell phone and it wasn't working. I contacted SpotifyHelp and they said that my current Spotify version doesn't allow this operation anymore, because they are "testing new thi...

• Casual Listener
  •   I am really upset right now. I was trying to download my local files to my cell phone and it wasn't working. I contacted SpotifyHelp and they said that my current Spotify version doesn't allo...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Música descargada previamente vuelve a descargarse

Si armo una playlist con canciones y la descargo para poder escucharla sin internet, funciona bien hasta que reinicio el celular, o cierro el spotify por completo. Es decir, abro el spotify de nuevo y se vuelve a descargar un porcentaje alto de las c...

• Casual Listener
  • Si armo una playlist con canciones y la descargo para poder escucharla sin internet, funciona bien hasta que reinicio el celular, o cierro el spotify por completo. Es decir, abro el spotify de nuevo ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Functional features removed from the app?

So, why does Spotify keep removing perfectly working features from the Android app? Like the little search bar that lets you look for a song within a playlist? Yep, that's gone. Or the ability to tap/hold tap on an artist that's playing, and be taken...

• Roadie
  •   So, why does Spotify keep removing perfectly working features from the Android app?       Like the little search bar that lets you look for a song within a playlist? Yep, t...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes