Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists don't completely download..

Solved!

Playlists don't completely download..

For some reason, my Spotify is stuck in waiting to download on my Samsung Galaxy II.  In the past, it downloaded and showed it being done in percetages. Now it simply shows waiting to download. I have to start the playlist to play and it downloads as its playing. Ok, as cumbersome as that is, I set it to play overnight while sleeping. This morning I go to check the status and all of the downloaded music is cleared and I am back to point one! I am frustrated with Spotify at this moment and I need help.

In the past, it would simply download. Now, its an act of congress to do so and it doesn't seem to reatain what has been downloaded. What do I do??? I am a premium customer and am not happy with this. Prior to the latest upgrade I had NO PROBLEMS EVER with Spotify.

Any help would be appreciated....

s/n:  it works fine on my laptop. The problem is with the mobile version, which I have had for almost a year, with no problems in the past, And I have an external card as well.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, sorry to hear about this!

What I would suggest is the following:

- Start by carrying out a clean reinstallation on your device. This will give you a clean slate and the latest app. 

- Try a full re-sync by following the steps shown here.

If you're still having trouble after this, please get back to us with the following:

- Exact amount of free space on your device

- Android version

- Spotify version 

Thanks!

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, sorry to hear about this!

What I would suggest is the following:

- Start by carrying out a clean reinstallation on your device. This will give you a clean slate and the latest app. 

- Try a full re-sync by following the steps shown here.

If you're still having trouble after this, please get back to us with the following:

- Exact amount of free space on your device

- Android version

- Spotify version 

Thanks!

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

I don't know how the original poster is doing with this but I have tried all of the above and even on a new phone and it's still saying "Downloading 12 songs 0% complete" every 20 minutes or so on the top notification bar. 

Android 4.3

Spotify Music 1.6.0.52

11 gigs still free on the SD after what's already on there.

If it's a kind of file that can't sync, I wish there was a way to know what ones they are so I can take them off the list at least. 

Thanks for anything you can do to help

-Lucien

@Lucien wrote:

I don't know how the original poster is doing with this but I have tried all of the above and even on a new phone and it's still saying "Downloading 12 songs 0% complete" every 20 minutes or so on the top notification bar. 

Android 4.3

Spotify Music 1.6.0.52

11 gigs still free on the SD after what's already on there.

If it's a kind of file that can't sync, I wish there was a way to know what ones they are so I can take them off the list at least. 

Thanks for anything you can do to help

-Lucien

Please read the guide linked below for details on getting a completely clean install of the Spotify app. This should be the first step and can help resolve issues such as:

- Black screen on startup
- Offline data not storing on SD card
- Random crashes or FC's
- Track degradation or skipping
- Playlists and tracks no longer available

[GUIDE] First step of troubleshooting - Clean Install

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you but I tried this.

Ok. I suggest you contact Spotify Support using the contact form linked in my signature.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

This same thing happened to me just now, which is why I'm here. I did find something that might be the answer (it was for me at least).

Last night I downloaded songs. This morning everything was stuck in "Waiting to Download". I checked that I was on WiFi, and then found this post, so I went to Google Play to reinstall the app.

There was an update pending for the Spotify app. When I updated the app it started downloading the songs.

I hope that helps you.

I had the same problem so I cancelled the download and then saved I.e playoffline on again

Suggested posts