Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug or intended feature?

Hi guys, So, I am using my Android phone connected via BT to my Radio in a car and listening to my own music on a way to work. Every day stereotype, I was always happy. Today morning however, something weird happened. First four songs from my playlis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,    So, I am using my Android phone connected via BT to my Radio in a car and listening to my own music on a way to work. Every day stereotype, I was always happy.   To...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Really Quiet Compared to Google Maps

I usually have spotify on in background while I drive and use google maps for navigation. The problem is that the google voice is so loud compared to spotify that to avoid being boomed at painfully loud I have to turn volume down to a point where I c...

• Casual Listener
  • I usually have spotify on in background while I drive and use google maps for navigation.  The problem is that the google voice is so loud compared to spotify that to avoid being boomed at painf...
  • TooManyNames
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see new playlist on my Samsung S3. This is a first.

I created a playlist, then created another modified playlist from the original with a modified name. It shows up on my laptop, but not on my phone. Waited overnight to see if it would appear eventually, but it did not. Rename it. Still no show. Why c...

• Casual Listener
  • I created a playlist, then created another modified playlist from the original with a modified name. It shows up on my laptop, but not on my phone. Waited overnight to see if it would appear eventual...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last play position lost if closing app

Hi all! On Android app (updated to last version, of course) I notice an annoying problem: if the app itself is closed (or phone restarted and so on), when re-opening it doesn't "remember" last playing position! This is very bothering, and I don't thi...

• Music Fan
  • Hi all! On Android app (updated to last version, of course) I notice an annoying problem: if the app itself is closed (or phone restarted and so on), when re-opening it doesn't "remember" last playin...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify bug

Hi, I got a bug with Spotify so Evert time when im listening to music and my phone screen turns off, Spotify wont play the next track!

• Regular
  • Hi, I got a bug with Spotify so Evert time when im listening to music and my phone screen turns off, Spotify wont play the next track!
  • brmedeiros
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Your Music not working

Hi, "Your Music" is not working on the android app here. I think it is because my Username ends with/contains a '+'. I tried on 3 different Phones (Galaxy S3, Ascend P6 and LG G3), Spotify tells me "You've removed all the Songs from this album", alto...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    "Your Music" is not working on the android app here. I think it is because my Username ends with/contains a '+'. I tried on 3 different Phones (Galaxy S3, Ascend P6 and LG G...
  • Hanswurscht
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't let me log in

Every time I try to log into Spotify it keeps saying that I'm trying to log in from a different country and it won't let me do anything after that. I've tried resetting my password but it hasn't worked at all. I've even tried uninstalling and reinsta...

• Visitor
  • Every time I try to log into Spotify it keeps saying that I'm trying to log in from a different country and it won't let me do anything after that. I've tried resetting my password but it hasn't work...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Smartphone Log In Process

When will Spotify have an auto sign in abilty on Smartphones (Android). Its very annoying and time consuming to have to keep trying to log in your vehicle when there are issues with playback, connections, etc. This is the only streaming service that ...

• Casual Listener
  • When will Spotify have an auto sign in abilty on Smartphones (Android).  Its very annoying and time consuming to have to keep trying to log in your vehicle when there are issues with playback, c...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline files vanish

I have about a thousand files synced offline on my Android ( GS4 Sprint ), and almost every time I connect to wifi, Spotify has to re-sync a dozen or so songs. When I am traveling without internet access, I see more and more songs greyed out from my ...

• I have about a thousand files synced offline on my Android ( GS4 Sprint ), and almost every time I connect to wifi, Spotify has to re-sync a dozen or so songs. When I am traveling without internet ac...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline playlists unavailable
    offline sync
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost my download playlist [spanish]

Hola lo primero pedir perdon por escribir en castellano , no hablo nada de ingles , pero me han dicho que en este foro hay usuarios que contestan en castellano. Tengo spotify premium y un terminal android htc desire s , el problema es que descargo li...

• Hola lo primero pedir perdon por escribir en castellano , no hablo nada de ingles , pero me han dicho que en este foro hay usuarios que contestan en castellano.   Tengo spotify premium y un te...
  • sergiol
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound problem

Hey you have got the volume on spotify really good on android, the music sounds the same height and you no longer need to change the volume of different songs, but the music you've downloaded from the hard drive is just too high, you would be able to...

• Music Fan
  • Hey you have got the volume on spotify really good on android, the music sounds the same height and you no longer need to change the volume of different songs, but the music you've downloaded from th...
  • Gunnar5000
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download songs anymore

I have a microSDCard of 16GB (10GB left). And spotify say that my memory is full but I have 10GB left on my SDCARD. I have an Acer liquid E2 (not duo) and I live in Belgium. Processor : Mediatek 1,3 GHZ Quad-Core | 1 GB of RAM Please help me :'( Fran...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a microSDCard of 16GB (10GB left).   And spotify say that my memory is full but I have 10GB left on my SDCARD.   I have an Acer liquid E2 (not duo) and I live in Belgium. &...
  • Exynos
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't play songs on Android that I imported locally from my computer

I've read from many places that if Spotify doesn't have songs in its database that I want, as a Premium user I can upload my own files from my computer to "fill in the gaps." I tried doing this, but after I upload the songs onto my computer, I can on...

• Regular
  • I've read from many places that if Spotify doesn't have songs in its database that I want, as a Premium user I can upload my own files from my computer to "fill in the gaps." I tried doing this, but ...
  • LitrioN
  • Gig Goer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Last played track not available on restart

Hi, Whenever I have a track playing and I remove the headphones so the music stops I lose the track that was playing. It seems that after a while the app closes itself so I can't see the album art on the widget. when I open the app for a second I can...

• Hi,   Whenever I have a track playing and I remove the headphones so the music stops I lose the track that was playing. It seems that after a while the app closes itself so I can't see the a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Some Local Songs are available, some aren't

Hey Guys I've got a Problem. Some of my Local Files won't play on my Mobile Phone and i just added some new files to my playlist and my Phone immediatelly started to download them and they're available to play but some other aren't even if i add them...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Guys I've got a Problem.  Some of my Local Files won't play on my Mobile Phone and i just added some new files to my playlist and my Phone immediatelly started to download them and they'r...
  • DanielINH
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium only plays one song on Samsung Galaxy S3

I have spent a lot of time already reading threads here in the community and I cannot get an answer for my problem. I have a 7-day trial of Spotify Premium, but I cannot get any playlist to play more than one song. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spent a lot of time already reading threads here in the community and I cannot get an answer for my problem.   I have a 7-day trial of Spotify Premium, but I cannot get any playlist t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    one
    shuffle
    single
    stops
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend listened to not showing on Android Spotify

Basically "the right bar" of the desktop Spotify that shows what are my friends listened to isn't showing or cannot be found in the Android App, maybe it hasnt been implemented yet, but it will be nice to have that feature. currently the "Activity" o...

• Basically "the right bar" of the desktop Spotify that shows what are my friends listened to isn't showing or cannot be found in the Android App, maybe it hasnt been implemented yet, but it will be ni...
  • Bistany22
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Your Music disappeared except for Followed artists & playlists on my android lg g2

Yesterday my Your Music: Songs and Albums disappeared. They had already been downloaded long ago for offline listening, and I had been listening to them without problem for a while. This has happend twice since I copied my Starred music over to the M...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday my Your Music: Songs and Albums disappeared.  They had already been downloaded long ago for offline listening, and I had been listening to them without problem for a while.  This ...
  • desiter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Wont Launch on my Nexus 7 (2013)

Description When I launch Spotify, I get the bar across the top and the menu icon (3 lines) on the left. (image) Spoify never passes this. Eventually I get the "Spotify isn't responding". I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, etc and nothing can...

• Music Fan
  • Description When I launch Spotify, I get the bar across the top and the menu icon (3 lines) on the left. (image)  Spoify never passes this.  Eventually I get the "Spotify isn't responding...
  • champs777
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes