Country

Australia

Device

Huawei Nova 3E

Car: Kia Sportage

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Ok so I am writing this because my phone accidentally updated all of my apps which I specifically asked Google Play not to do for this very reason.

The last version was working perfectly fine and had absolutely no issues with it. 

I actually don't mind updates but the problem is is that the updates never improve the up or add any significant features which people are are after. 

Problems with the latest version as follows. 

1. Car display is not able to change tracks via Bluetooth. It can do it as I've seen it work now and again but is extremely temperamental. 

2. Pull down display:  not only is a bad enough that the display no longer works but the pull-down from Top menu display used to show the track playing and the ability to skip through. now it seems Spotify has deemed it necessary to make an extra tap to display those icons to change songs. In the life of me having Spotify app always been able to change tracks from the pull-down menu on my phone. for the life of me I can't work out why you decided to change this and not address more important issues. 

Attention to IT app designers,  here's a couple of features that a lot of people would find handy to be able to do in Spotify so if you could manage to implement these in a future update that would be fantastic. 

Also if you don't mind please stop moving buttons around as now I found the button to add a song to a playlist has moved from the bottom right to the top right again no obvious reason why this has been done.

1. Add songs to multiple playlists in one or two taps. Eg select song and then have check boxes next to playlist you would like to add to. (An undo button would be fantastic if you can manage it)

2. Please give us the ability to rearrange our playlists. This is such a no-brainer it's not even funny.

3. This is something people have been asking for for a while but Spotify have yet to take it on board. Why can't we make a floating widget which basically allows you to do other things in your phone but also gives the option to change tracks.

4. Give us the option to turn off those distracting videos that are on nearly every track. Those videos are huge destruction two drivers as I now have to use your app to change songs as my Bluetooth is not working. so the last thing I really need to do is see Miley Cyrus doing unspeakable things on her videos. it's really just out of respect to your users to make this option something we can disable. 

I think that's it for now but there are definitely more features that need to be changed. 

If there is any way that there is a way that I can get the previous version APK file sent to me in some way without having to go through a third party website for the APK file that would be great. 

2 Replies

On your point 4, you can turn them off. Go to settings (cog in top right of home tab) > playback > canvas - toggle off. 

"4. Give us the option to turn off those distracting videos that are on nearly every track. Those videos are huge destruction two drivers as I now have to use your app to change songs as my Bluetooth is not working. so the last thing I really need to do is see Miley Cyrus doing unspeakable things on her videos. it's really just out of respect to your users to make this option something we can disable." 

Ok so Spotify just released another update which I thought had fixed the track skipping but it appears that it has issues with pausing the track and also skipping tracks that are in a playlist. but unfortunately the dropdown from top menu widget is still disappearing and replaced with a smaller bar underneath which I have to expand by clicking to change tracks. 

Screenshot attached.

Is this supposed to be happening.

Also Spotify Designers can we revert to the way the Library page used to look with the buttons running down rarger than across.

The buttons to add to playlist have now been made smaller font making room for the large album cover which doesn't need to be there. I keep on hitting Add to Queue instead of Add to Playlist.

Screenshot attached.

I hope you guys at Spotify are going to implement some of my previous suggestions and that I'm not just wasting my time with this and have to resort to downloading the APK off a third party site.

Thanks

IMG_20190826_131313.jpg
Spotify Top Banner.jpg
Spotify Collapsed Banner.jpg

Suggested posts