Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App Not Connecting/Not downloading/finding Music

Hi AllInttermittenly lost ability to search on mobile and now I have recently lost access to all playlists and search functionality on the mobile app. I have reinstalled, switched between airplane mode, reregistered device, switched between offline t...

• Hi All Inttermittenly lost ability to search on mobile and now I have recently lost access to all playlists and search functionality on the mobile app. I have reinstalled, switched between airplane ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Meizu EP52 "snap to pause" don't work anymore.

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceXiaomi Mi A1, Meizu EP52 BT headset.Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueHeadsets snap-to-pause function stopped working last month. App responds to physical button controls properly. Snap works perfectly wit...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Xiaomi Mi A1, Meizu EP52 BT headset. Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Headsets snap-to-pause function stopped working last month....
  • dran2
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bluetooth
    ep52
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Album tracks not listed

PlanFreeCountryUk Android My Question or IssueTracks are no longer listed under each album. So I cannot preview album tracks or add individual tracks from albums to my playlist. I can only shuffle play the whole album, which is not how I use spotify....

• Plan Free Country Uk   Android   My Question or Issue Tracks are no longer listed under each album. So I cannot preview album tracks or add individual tracks from albums to my playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Phone freezes when spotify player comes up

Phone: LG-Q6 When I tap on the notification, it opens up the player and the phone freezes. I think this happens when it tires to load the image on to the background of the player. So it would be nice if u could make an option to disable background im...

• Casual Listener
  • Phone: LG-Q6 When I tap on the notification, it opens up the player and the phone freezes. I think this happens when it tires to load the image on to the background of the player. So it would be nice...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs only play for 10 seconds

PlanPremium CountryAus DeviceGalaxy A8 (2018) Operating SystemOreo 8.0.0 My Question or Issue:At least once a day, my spotify decides to play less than 10 seconds of every song (haven't tried offline because I don't use offline mode). I have already ...

• Plan Premium   Country Aus   Device Galaxy A8 (2018)   Operating System Oreo 8.0.0   My Question or Issue: At least once a day, my spotify decides to play less than 1...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with Local Files and Pictures

Plan:PremiumCountry:ItalyDevice:Nokia 6.1Android 9So I added some local files to a playlist. When listening to them via the spotify windows app via my computer the corresponding image that I attacted to the song is viewable.When I listen to the same ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan:Premium Country:Italy Device:Nokia 6.1 Android 9 So I added some local files to a playlist. When listening to them via the spotify windows app via my computer the corresponding image that I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist in folder move to the top after being played

Plan:Premium Country: Uk Device:Samsung s6 Operating SystemAndriod My Question or IssueI have a folder with about 80 playlists. I have the ordered in a specific way. When I play a playlist it gets moved to the very top. There is no way to turn off th...

• Plan: Premium   Country: Uk   Device: Samsung s6   Operating System Andriod   My Question or Issue I have a folder with about 80 playlists. I have the ordered in a s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Les téléchargements ne se font plus

PlanPremiumFRANCE DeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Depuis un moment j'essaye de télécharger la musique pour pouvoir les écouter en hors connexion mais ça reste bloquer sur synchronosation. Je n'ai même pas accès à...

•   Plan Premium FRANCE   Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue   Depuis un moment j'essaye de télécharger la musique pour pouvoir l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Update June'19: Songs/album likes as a different thing

One thing I just noticed is that I can set an album as a favourite without marking the songs. This is a BIG change for me because you can like an album as a whole but not necessarily all it's songs (for playing in a random list, for example). Did the...

• Regular
  •   One thing I just noticed is that I can set an album as a favourite without marking the songs. This is a BIG change for me because you can like an album as a whole but not necessarily all it's...
  • quote089
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Galaxy Watch voice prompts automatically starts Spotify play back

DeviceSamsung Galaxy Watch (2018)Operating System(Tizen 4.0), Spotify WiFi/offline mode Hi,I got this really annoying issue on my new amazing Galaxy Watch. When working out with the Samsung Health app, Spotify automatically starts playing the most re...

• Casual Listener
  •   Device Samsung Galaxy Watch (2018) Operating System (Tizen 4.0), Spotify WiFi/offline mode   Hi, I got this really annoying issue on my new amazing Galaxy Watch. When working out w...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 17 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Samsung
  • 17 replies
  • 12 likes

Local File refuses to sync to phone, disappears from desktop

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8, Asus LaptopOperating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10 My Question or IssueI'm trying to add local files to my library to listen on my phone, and I've gone through all the steps on the local files help pa...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S8, Asus Laptop Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm trying to add local files to my library to listen...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Sharing to Instagram Story

PlanPremiumCountryBrazil Device(Samsung Galaxy M10)Operating System(Android 8.1.) Hello spotify.My spotify app is not allowed to share music on instagram stories and I don't know why because the option is not even there. Can you help me?The version o...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil   Device (Samsung Galaxy M10) Operating System (Android 8.1.)   Hello spotify. My spotify app is not allowed to share music on instagram stories and I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't recognize SD card

PlanPremiumCountry USA DeviceGalaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueSpotify refuses to acknowledge my SD card. I have a 120gb SD card plugged into my phone solely for music, Google Play Music had no problem recognizing it. However, S...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Galaxy S9+ Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Spotify refuses to acknowledge my SD card. I have a 120gb SD card plugged into my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    S9+
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect Problems

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDeviceXiaomi Mi 8, PC, Google Home MiniOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI am having trouble castnig music from my phone to my Google Home Mini and also my PC. Spotify tries to connect to Home mini but it gets stuck ...

• Plan Premium Country Greece Device Xiaomi Mi 8, PC, Google Home Mini Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I am having trouble castnig music from my phone to my Google Home M...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Casting
    Spotify Connect Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy S3 & Spotify (Without phone present)

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy 9 & Galaxy S3 WatchOperating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueOnce I download a playlist offline onto my Galaxy S3 Watch, how am I able to then play that playlist without Bluetooth connection to my Galax...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy 9 & Galaxy S3 Watch Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue Once I download a playlist offline onto my Galaxy S3 Watch, how...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Lock screen background

How can i disable the lock screen background from changing with every song and still keep the lock screen player there? Haven't found any new post about this. Im using oneplus 7 on the latest android settings

• How can i disable the lock screen background from changing with every song and still keep the lock screen player there? Haven't found any new post about this.   Im using oneplus 7 on the lates...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Songs greyed out on Android but not on the desktop

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceSamsung S9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI've recently faced the issue of a large proportion of my songs in my playlists being greyed out on my S9's Spotify app. I've researched the issue and came to the c...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Samsung S9 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I've recently faced the issue of a large proportion of my songs in my playlists being gr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pausing all the time

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung galaxy s9+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSince the last month or so spotify pause randomly all the time when I listen through mobile data (not wifi). It plays for 10 seconds, or 2 minutes, or 27 seco...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung galaxy s9+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Since the last month or so spotify pause randomly all the time when I list...
  • Lena_ve
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

samsung gear s3 remote control doesnt work

currently using version 1.1.39 since its the only one i can download from the galaxy storePlanPremiumCountryChileDevicehuawei p30lite / samsung gear s3 frontierOperating Systemandroid 9 My Question or IssueSpotify from my samsung smartwatch doesnt co...

• currently using version 1.1.39 since its the only one i can download from the galaxy store Plan Premium Country Chile Device huawei p30lite / samsung gear s3 frontier Operating System android...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

hi im new and i need help about playlist

PlanFreeCountryitalyDevicehuawei p8 liteOperating SystemandroidMy Question or IssueFor various reasons I lost my old spotify account (my phone was broken) I downloaded the application again but I lost my old data and i dont remember them.. (If I look...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country italy Device huawei p8 lite Operating System android My Question or Issue For various reasons I lost my old spotify account (my phone was broken) I downloaded the applicati...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • "playlist"
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes