Please go online to connect to Spotify

Highlighted

Please go online to connect to Spotify

I was listening to my playlist today. I wasn't in my house so I had the Offline Sesion ON. Then, suddenly, I was logged out without any warning. I tried to relog and it said "You are currently set to offline. Please go online to connect to Spotify.". I hit "Connect" and the same message pops up instantly. I did the same process connected via WiFi with the same results. I did restart my phone a couple of times.

I really don't want to have to reinstall the app because I have over 10 GBs of music downloaded and it will be a pain in the **bleep** download everything again 😞

Any help?

btw, I can't post screenshots of the pop up because the logscreen won't allow you to do it

30 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Please go online to connect to Spotify

Casual Listener

I'm having the same problem this morning - Full message -

You are currently set to offline

Please go online to connect to Spotify.

I hit connect which either takes me back to the same message or I get a blank screen.

How do I resolve this??

I'm logged in via the desktop at the moment and it seems that I can't listen to my music here either as there is no playlist option listed.

When trying to take screenshot of message I get - Couldn't capture screenshot

Screenshots are not allowed by this app or your organisation.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Highlighted

Also having this issue??!!

Highlighted

I'm having this issue 

Highlighted

I'm having the same issue as well.  Doesn't anyone out there have a solution?! 

Highlighted

Community Legend

I've posted the solution in several other threads which you could find using the search function. To save you the trouble of searching, reinstalling spotify will fix this.

Highlighted

I did a reinstall and it's still same. If you close spotify in offline mod it will logout and you can't login till you reinstall spotify. Then this problem will occur again.

Highlighted

Community Legend

Sure. I was offering a way to get logged back in. Recreating the circumstances which led to your not being able to log in will always cause the same problem. Hopefully Spotify is working on a fix but until then, try to remember not to log out or close the app while in offline mode or you wil have to keep reinstalling to be able to log in.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Waiting for you to fix this, Spotify. SUPER annoying

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Apparently, this problem's been around for far too long and nobody at Spotify bothered to find a solution.  I won't reinstall the app, I've got hundreds of downloaded song, now I'm a Airport waiting in a que to board my plane and will have nothing to listen to for the next 6 days!!!! I won't reinstall the app, I will erase it and close my account, and hopefully everyone else who has same problem will do the same. Thanks Spotify, holiday ruined already before leaving

SUGGESTED POSTS