Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please go online to connect to Spotify

Please go online to connect to Spotify

I was listening to my playlist today. I wasn't in my house so I had the Offline Sesion ON. Then, suddenly, I was logged out without any warning. I tried to relog and it said "You are currently set to offline. Please go online to connect to Spotify.". I hit "Connect" and the same message pops up instantly. I did the same process connected via WiFi with the same results. I did restart my phone a couple of times.

I really don't want to have to reinstall the app because I have over 10 GBs of music downloaded and it will be a pain in the **bleep** download everything again 😞

Any help?

btw, I can't post screenshots of the pop up because the logscreen won't allow you to do it

30 Replies

I'm having the same problem this morning - Full message -

You are currently set to offline

Please go online to connect to Spotify.

I hit connect which either takes me back to the same message or I get a blank screen.

How do I resolve this??

I'm logged in via the desktop at the moment and it seems that I can't listen to my music here either as there is no playlist option listed.

When trying to take screenshot of message I get - Couldn't capture screenshot

Screenshots are not allowed by this app or your organisation.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Also having this issue??!!

I'm having this issue 

I'm having the same issue as well.  Doesn't anyone out there have a solution?! 

I've posted the solution in several other threads which you could find using the search function. To save you the trouble of searching, reinstalling spotify will fix this.

I did a reinstall and it's still same. If you close spotify in offline mod it will logout and you can't login till you reinstall spotify. Then this problem will occur again.

Sure. I was offering a way to get logged back in. Recreating the circumstances which led to your not being able to log in will always cause the same problem. Hopefully Spotify is working on a fix but until then, try to remember not to log out or close the app while in offline mode or you wil have to keep reinstalling to be able to log in.

Waiting for you to fix this, Spotify. SUPER annoying

Apparently, this problem's been around for far too long and nobody at Spotify bothered to find a solution.  I won't reinstall the app, I've got hundreds of downloaded song, now I'm a Airport waiting in a que to board my plane and will have nothing to listen to for the next 6 days!!!! I won't reinstall the app, I will erase it and close my account, and hopefully everyone else who has same problem will do the same. Thanks Spotify, holiday ruined already before leaving

Sucks that I have to take my business to Google, but it looks like this is the only option

Just left Groove on Windows 10 Mobile and started up with Spotify on Android yesterday. Not even 24 hours in and after spending about an hour downloading about 12 GB of music for offline playback and I am hit with this error saying  "please go online to connect to Spotify" that, by the sounds of it, requires me to Uninstaller Spotify and re-download all of my music.

This is absolutely ridiculous!  Groove was a solid music service that worked flawlessly for me for years, especially with offline music and now I'm stuck with Spotify that won't even work for a full first day of subscribing as a premium user? If they can't get this fixed ASAP,  I certainly won't be sticking around beyond my 60-day trial.

Please fix this! I refuse to stream my music all the time and need an offline option that works. 

I just got this issue. Horray for me! Any fixes besides reinstalling...? 15gb of songs..

This issue is happening to me daily.  Even after contacting Spotify support via chat, their recommendation was to let them clear the devices from my account then have me re-install the app.

That is *NOT* a solution, especially when doing that requires me to re-download my many gigabytes of offline music each and every time.

The issue happened to me most recently while my music was playing even!  The music just stopped playing while I was in my car and when I checked my phone to try and restart it, I noticed that I was once again receiving the message to "Please go online to connect to Spotify."  I have no idea what would have caused this. There was no update to the app.  I did not log out.  The music just stopped while actively playing my offline music.  This is ridiculous! It better be fixed soon!

I understand that you're upset but they did offer a possible solution. Surely anything must be better than living with this issue?

No solution has been offered.  What has been proposed is to uninstall the app every time the issue occurs (which is daily), which also deletes the multiple gigabytes' worth of music that I have downloaded.  Then it is necessary to download the app again and go through my extensive music collection to decide which songs/albums to download again, which is extremely time consuming.  Offering this up, which becomes an hour or more activity on a daily basis just to be able to use a core function of the service is most definitely *NOT* a solution.

Ah but the trick is to do what they suggest then get back to them when it doesn't work. Otherwise they assume the problem was fixed and do nothing to actually resolve it. Sometimes you just have to play the system.

Same frickin problem & the main thing is downloading all the music again after reinstalling the app.... isn't that a B!+(h!!!!!!!

In case posting about it helps to find a fix: I also have this issue

Me too! I can get the offline mode too work fine on my ipad but it won't workon my or my wife's Android. I've done everything posted a few times and in different orders. It's no doubt a software problem. I would  be happy if someone just admitted there was a problem and it's being worked on. I'm a new subscriber but prob not for much longer.

Suggested posts