Country

Macedonia

Device

Samsung Galaxy A21s

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Hello,

When watching The Joe Rogan Experience podcast on my mobile phone, specifically episode #1575, the "description" of the episode is blocking me from completely viewing the actual video content from the episode.

And this issue is occurring throughout the whole episode. This is only occurring when the phone is placed horizontally. I can't watch the episode vertically since the headphones connected to the phone are forbidding me from it.

I would suggest for a timeout of 5 seconds to be implemented when no activity has been detected, in order to hide the episode description.

Note that I've placed a screenshot to show the issue that I'm experiencing.

Screenshot_20201208-072253_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again @VaskoManchev,

Thank you for your reply.

What happens when you touch the middle of the screen - not on the description part?

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi there @VaskoManchev,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

As a first step in troubleshooting what might be causing this, we'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app on your phone. Follow the exact steps from this Spotify Answer

If that makes no difference try using another internet connection.

Let us know if that helped and if you're experiencing playback issues with other podcasts or more episodes from the JRE.

Keep us posted 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for the guidance, but unfortunately, even after following the steps in which I've performed a clean install of the Spotify app and played the same JRE episode on a different network connection, the episode information was still shown after watching the episode.
Although I couldn't try the last (3rd) step since I couldn't find a podcast that had an active video component.

Hey there @VaskoManchev,

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Hey @Jeremy,
I'm not using any SD card for my phone.
I've performed a clean reinstall (although I'm not using an SD card) and logged in with a different user, but I'm still seeing the episode information when the phone is placed horizontally whilst the episode is still playing, as depicted in the screenshot above.
Spotify version is 8.5.88.883
Marked as solution

Hey again @VaskoManchev,

What happens when you touch the middle of the screen - not on the description part?

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Yeah, it works with that. In the previous occurrences, I must have been touching on the borders of the description.
But I still don't understand why the episode information can't be faded out after 15 (or even 30) seconds of no user activity.
Nevertheless, I'm marking your answer as a solution to the issue that I had.
Thanks for your and Alex's help.

Hey @VaskoManchev,

We're really glad to hear that everything works as expected for you again 🙂

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts