Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Brazil

Samsung J7 metal

Operating System

Android oreo

My Question or Issue

Sometimes, after I've listened to one episode of a podcast, the app won't let me listen to it again. When I tap play on that specific episode it automatically jumps to the next episode i haven't listened yet. This is particularly annoying because I use podcasts to fall asleep, so i have to look for a different source to listen to that episode the app doesn't let me play me again. To make it clear, this issue doesn't happen every single time i try to listen to this or that episode again, but it does happen often enough to be annoying and have me here making a post about it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, so I'm sorry for the spam but i have found a solution of sorts. Since i skipped to the next episode when credits started right at the end of the episode, the app also skips automatically to the next one for some reason. If i tap on the ... beside the episode name, tap mark as played, and then try to play again, i can relisten to the episode.

Hope it helps anyone if they end up in the same situation as me.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi @nathybathy, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try restarting your device? If that dosen't help, coukd you try a quick reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you remove your offline devices here? If there is a screenshot with error message, please feel free to send those over as well.

Oh and you can also reply in Portuguese if you prefer 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I will try those the next time i encounter this issue and give feedback. There isnt any error message because its not an error per se, the app simply skips the episode i wanna listen to because it's been played before. I do know that only restarting the app doesn't work to fix it tho, downloading the episode and trying to play from my downloaded podcasts also doesnt work.

So i was curious and decided to try listening to the episodes the app wasn't letting me this morning. I still couldnt, the app skips ahead to the next episode i havent listened yet. I tried restarting my device and it didnt work. I deleted my offline devices and i also reinstalled spotify. The thing is, now it completely cleared out as played the episodes i had listened before, which means i can listen to them now /but/ only because the app doesnt have them flagged as played. In other words, its not a solution. I wont delete my data and reinstall the app every single time i want to relisten to an episode because that happens literally every day.

Edit: after opening the app again, it is actually marked as played and allowed me to play them again. However, like i said in my first post, the issue of not letting me relisten doesnt happen all the time. I will post again if the issue persists. 

And I'm already having trouble again. Here's a screenshot of the podcast im trying to listen. I'm tapping to play "game night", but the app skips right over to the episode "brain chemistry", which is three episodes after the one i want to listen.

Screenshot_20190124-153952_Spotify.jpg
Marked as solution

Ok, so I'm sorry for the spam but i have found a solution of sorts. Since i skipped to the next episode when credits started right at the end of the episode, the app also skips automatically to the next one for some reason. If i tap on the ... beside the episode name, tap mark as played, and then try to play again, i can relisten to the episode.

Hope it helps anyone if they end up in the same situation as me.

Hey @nathybathy,

I'm glad you could find the solution. It will certainly help other users, thank you for sharing!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having this same issue on desktop, except the stated solution doesn't work for me, because I don't have the "mark as played" option anywhere. Seriously, did you guys remove that option? It's kind of an essential option for a podcast app.

Hey @katyggls,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this 🙂

Do you mind creating a new thread about this in the Desktop (Windows/Mac, depending on your device) help board? We'll make sure to help you out there.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

Suggested posts