Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts restart after ads

Podcasts restart after ads

Using Spotify on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S10 5g running Android 11), I've recently been having trouble with podcasts not resuming properly after ad breaks.  Instead of resuming play at the correct time point, the podcast will just go back to the beginning and restart the whole show.  

It's very annoying.  I don't stare at my phone while the show is playing, so I don't know the time point at which the ad interrupted, so it takes me a while to scrub through and find the right place to resume play every time the show restarts.  

Please fix this.

Or, better yet, just get rid ads for premium subscribers 😊

1 Reply

Hi there @cbrf23,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we'd recommend that you try logging out and then logging back in twice. We know this sounds odd, but it's how the app forces a cache refresh.

If the issue persists after that, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick either, could you check if this happens across devices or only on your phone?

Keep us in the loop.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts