Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Prblem with Samsung Galaxy A8

Solved!

Prblem with Samsung Galaxy A8

I bought a Samsung Galaxy A8 with Android Lollypop and Spotify worked well. A week ago I actualized it to Android Marshmallow (6.0.1) and it doesn't save the songs to the SD card and sometimes the app crashes and makes the phone to reboot. Sometimes it doesn't play the song and sometimes it just freezes. I can't save my songs to offline mode in the SD card, when I try it says that my card has a problem (That it hasn't, it has been tested), and when I try to move the songs the songs get deleted and my ohone rebooted. It has been a complete mess to use Spotify's app.
I can't configurate my SD card as internal or portable because it is a Samsung.

It happens almost every time that I use spotify. It happens more frecuently when I save my songs.

I have given the all the permissions to the app, specially for storage. Also I read the instructions for samsung phones where I need to remove Spotify from the batery saving options. I have followed the instructions that other posts said.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A8 (SM-A800IZ) with Android Marshmallow (6.0.1)

I have a premium account

Spotify version: 7.0.2.1250 armV7

Thanks in advance, if you need more information just ask.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorry to hear you're still having problems. The signs are that there is a problem with your external SD card. Could you try another card?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi. I suggest you uninstall spotify then reformat the SD card in the phone. Once that's done, redownload and install spotify and make sure that it has permission to access the SD card and the Phone.

Set the download location in spotify to the SD card and try downloading some music. Hopefully it will now work but, if not, please let me know exactly what happens.

I followed your instructions.
It worked fine for a while. After some hours the app turns slow and the display of the app (The interface) appeared after a while and a green loading circle appears for some time.
After that it worked pretty well but I realized that all the songs where in the internal storage instead of the SD card. The app crashed when I wanted to transfer the songs. I needed to reboot my phone. (Sometimes my phone doest it by its own and shows me that the process System has fail).

When I tried to open the app again all the screen except for the notification bar was black and I uninstalled the app.

Do you have any idea of what is happening?
Is any way that I can show you the failure logs (or something like that?)?

Thanks in advance
Screenshot_20161229-223027.png
Screenshot_20161229-201618.png
Screenshot_20161229-194404.png

When you realized that all the songs where in the internal storage instead of the SD card how did you identify this? Had the storage location shown in spotify settings switched to device storage?

How did you try to transfer the music back to the SD card - did you do this from the spotify settings>storage option?

I realized that the songs where in the device storage because the songs weren't downloading anymore and when I check how much free space do I have left, and I saw that the internal storage was full. Then I went to the Spotify app and the storage location had changed to device storage.

I tried to transfer the songs froms the spotify app. From the storage menu.

I have to explain that I really love music and I had nearly 1200 songs of extreme quality in offline mode, I have 8gb of free internal storage and 32gb of free sd card storage.

I'll follow your instructions again so I can tell you what happens with more detail.

Thanks in advance, Martín

I just tried again and after a while all the songs where in the internal storage, when i tried to transfer the songs I couldn't because the Storage menu wasn't there.
Marked as solution

Sorry to hear you're still having problems. The signs are that there is a problem with your external SD card. Could you try another card?

Suggested posts