Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium: How do I stop shuffle being default

Premium: How do I stop shuffle being default

Premium user: I don't want to listen to albums on shuffle. I often forget to unclick shuffle. How do I change the default setting to NOT shuffle my music every time I open soptify on my phone/computer. It's driving me mad, where can I change this?

3 Replies

Hi,

In Android, click cover image and it will go to Now playing view. There you can turn off Shuffle, on the top right corner.

It should then remain off.

And when you play an album or playlist, make sure you double click the first song in the list.
Do not click on the green shuffle play button or it will turn on shuffle.
Hope it helps!
BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having this problem too, it would be very helpful if shuffle could be turned off by default instead of being on by default.

I think what is meant by the question is, "Why does Spotify have a big green "shuffle play" as the most obvious, default way of pressing play?", and the answer is "It's an annoying design flaw." 

To play the album in order, you have to scroll down then click on the first track. It's annoying. Any other media player has a "Play button." It's one of those not well thought out design elements. Like, just have a big "Play" button as the main button, and make shuffle the less obvious, more difficult to use one. I'm annoyed by this also. 

Suggested posts