Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art

hi the album covers don't appear in my lockscreen can you help me im using huawei p9 lite

• hi the album covers don't appear in my lockscreen can you help me im using huawei p9 lite
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded/Offline collection turning itself off

First off sorry if this has another thread - hard to describe the problem to search for a solution. My problem is that every now and again my downloaded collection will disappear - not the saved data requiring it to be redownloaded - everything that ...

• First off sorry if this has another thread - hard to describe the problem to search for a solution.   My problem is that every now and again my downloaded collection will disappear - not the s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Nao consigo entrar

Minha mae comecou a usar o aplicativo no Android dela no modo free e fazendo login pelo Facebook, quando mudou para pacote premium familiar, nao consegue mais o acesso! Vem a mensagem de que no momento ela encontra-se off-line e precisa conectar-se, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Minha mae comecou a usar o aplicativo no Android dela no modo free e fazendo login pelo Facebook, quando mudou para pacote premium familiar, nao consegue mais o acesso! Vem a mensagem de que no momen...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Download local files only

Hi folks, I tried to make a playlist dedicated to my local files and then I tried to download it on my phone but the files just didn't sync. The only way for me to play my non Spotify mp3s was to download my whole playlist, which filled my phone to t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi folks, I tried to make a playlist dedicated to my local files and then I tried to download it on my phone but the files just didn't sync. The only way for me to play my non Spotify mp3s was to dow...
  • ryanknighton88
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Song skips first several minutes

In the past week, I've noticed a specific song starts 3+ minutes in. If I manually readjust the time slider, all good. But if I select that specific song or it's in a playlist, the song starts at the same 3+ minute mark. I chose to clear cache and al...

• In the past week, I've noticed a specific song starts 3+ minutes in.   If I manually readjust the time slider, all good.   But if I select that specific song or it's in a playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download playlist only on Android

Is it possible to download a playlist only in spotify app? I know that Songs allow that but I can't put my local files there.

• Is it possible to download a playlist only in spotify app? I know that Songs allow that but I can't put my local files there.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks won't download to SD card

Description I can't get my playlists to download offline to my SD card, they keep saving to my phone. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? B. TroubleshootingPlease follow the below troubleshooting steps to see if you can resolve the...

• Regular
  • Description I can't get my playlists to download offline to my SD card, they keep saving to my phone.   What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? B. Troubleshooting...
  • Cwighty14
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums not appearing on artists page

So I use Spotify in my kindle fire, and whenever I search an artist up and look at the albums on their page, only a few of their albums appear. However, if I search the missing albums up (still on Spotify) then they come up (they are registered as al...

• So I use Spotify in my kindle fire, and whenever I search an artist up and look at the albums on their page, only a few of their albums appear. However, if I search the missing albums up (still on Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music on Spotify is slowed and is impossible to listen only when the screen is locked

Hello everyone, Since I have bought my new phone for Christmas (honor 6c pro), I have a real problem!The music is getting unlistenable when I lock the screen, it's getting really slow and there are a lot of crackling sounds (and sometimes even when t...

• Hello everyone,    Since I have bought my new phone for Christmas (honor 6c pro), I have a real problem! The music is getting unlistenable when I lock the screen, it's getting really slo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Adapt Sound

Is there any chance that I could use Samsung's adapt sound with Spotify because it really enhances the quality

• Is there any chance that I could use Samsung's adapt sound with Spotify because it really enhances the quality
  • khassardetempla
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Your running mix" playlist unavailable

The "Your running mix" playlist by Spotify (the one that matches your running pace with your own music's tempo) is unavailable for my account. It does not appear when I go to the "Running" genre, neither when I search for it in the "Search" tab. I ha...

• Casual Listener
  • The "Your running mix" playlist by Spotify (the one that matches your running pace with your own music's tempo) is unavailable for my account. It does not appear when I go to the "Running" genre, nei...
  • kdcichocki
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify can not cast to chromecast audio and chromecast

Today I am trying from 2 diferent devices (a Samsung Tab S and Samsung S7 edge).On Chromecast the screen with the 3 dots appears but after a while it drops the connection and returns to my backdrop images. On Chromecast audio i can hear the connectio...

• Casual Listener
  • Today I am trying from 2 diferent devices (a Samsung Tab S and Samsung S7 edge). On Chromecast the screen with the 3 dots appears but after a while it drops the connection and returns to my backdrop...
  • ConorBDelaney76
  • 21 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 3 likes

Using Spotify on Android Auto stereo

I am buying a new car which has Android Auto on the touchscreen. I know it sounds a silly question to ask but if you play Spotify using Android Auto, would you be using mobile data or not. Please reply back if you can. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I am buying a new car which has Android Auto on the touchscreen.  I know it sounds a silly question to ask but if you play Spotify using Android Auto, would you be using mobile data or not. &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play all songs

I have shuffle turned off but Spotify still won't play the entire playlist. It only plays the first 100 songs and won't go further. My account is premium

• I have shuffle turned off but Spotify still won't play the entire playlist. It only plays the first 100 songs and won't go further. My account is premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Help! Spotify android app keeps crashing

Hello Spotify hive mind.Since the last update, the android app on my Moto G4 crashes whenever I open it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, rebooting my phone etc. but to no avail.Is anyone else having this problem and is there an easy...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify hive mind. Since the last update, the android app on my Moto G4 crashes whenever I open it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, rebooting my phone etc. but to no avail....
  • Rajimon
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect und der Kundenbetrug

Ich muss hier mal meinen Unmut kundtun und den schlechten Support von Spotify darlegen und wie man als Kunde ignoriert und veraeppelt wird. Ich habe einen Premium Family Account. Dazu nur zwei Connect Geraete. Einaml ein Sonos Play 3 und ein Yamaha R...

• Casual Listener
  • Ich muss hier mal meinen Unmut kundtun und den schlechten Support von Spotify darlegen und wie man als Kunde ignoriert und veraeppelt wird.   Ich habe einen Premium Family Account. Dazu nur zw...
  • kevbus86
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New phone, logged in, none of my music is there.

I got a new Samsung Galaxy S8. I logged into Spotify (using Facebook as well), and the login was successful, however none of my music is there (no playlists, albums, saved songs, etc). My account and music on my PC is unchanged. I've tried restarting...

• Casual Listener
  • I got a new Samsung Galaxy S8.  I logged into Spotify (using Facebook as well), and the login was successful, however none of my music is there (no playlists, albums, saved songs, etc).  My...
  • jmdesin892
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes on start on Sony A1 TV (Android TV)

I downloaded today the latest version of Spotify on my Sony A1 55" TV. As soon as i open the app, it freezes. I only see black screen, no spotify logo or anything related. It just hangs there. I opened Spotify on my iPhone and it finds the TV as a de...

• Regular
  • I downloaded today the latest version of Spotify on my Sony A1 55" TV. As soon as i open the app, it freezes. I only see black screen, no spotify logo or anything related. It just hangs there. I open...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android TV
    freeze
    Sony
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

When I try to open playlist, it bounces straight to Discover Weekly so I cant open playlists. Help

I go to hit playlists and when I do I briefly see them...maybe for a second and then Spotify bounces me straight to discover weekly. I just cannot access playlists anymore . Yesterday at 3pm all was good, then at 6 pm the Discover Weekly thing starte...

• I go to hit playlists and when I do I briefly see them...maybe for a second and then Spotify bounces me straight to discover weekly. I just cannot access playlists anymore . Yesterday at 3pm all was ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New Test Update

Is there any way to opt out when spotify tests a new update on my account? They recently are testing one that I really dislike. It has several problems including not shuffling full playlists or being able to follow my friends. Before, the shuffling p...

• Is there any way to opt out when spotify tests a new update on my account? They recently are testing one that I really dislike. It has several problems including not shuffling full playlists or being...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes