Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Save offline playlist on SD card

Save offline playlist on SD card

When I try to save my offline playlists on my SD card i cant choose to save on an external SD card although it says so on the spotify help page

4 Replies

Hey @Lolo0815, welcome to our Spotify Community! 

To start, can you let us know what device, operating system, and version of Spotify you're using? 

Also, does the SD card have at least 1GB of free space? Last but not least, can you head to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Permissions >, and give Spotify "Storage" permission?

Let us know how it goes.

I have the latest version of Spotify. My SD Card has 30 Gb of free space and I have a Huawei P9 with Android 7

Screenshot_2018-02-24-00-59-37.png

I gave Spotify the permission for my Storage and restarted the phone and it still doesnt work

1. Uninstall Spotify.

2. Install Spotify.

3. Go to your phone's app settings & grant Spotify storage permissions.

4. In your phone settings, unmount and remount your external storage/card.

5. Launch Spotify and in settings check that the storage option is now listed. Set where you want it to save your music data ie SD Card.

Extra steps.

1. Uninstall Spotify.

2. Install Spotify.

3. Go to Spotify settings, and select option to delete all data. This only applies locally to the phone.

4. Go to your phone's app settings and force stop Spotify, clear its cache also.

5. Go to your phone's app settings & grant Spotify storage permissions.

6. In your phone settings, unmount and remount your external storage/card.

7. Launch Spotify and in settings check that the storage option is now listed. Set where you want it to save your music data ie SD Card.

Suggested posts