Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs play 2 seconds and stop/get stuck

I have a free account for Spotify and since a week I started to have some issues playing my playlist on my smartphone (Android 6.0 - last spotify version installed) From time to time, every two or three songs, a song plays only 2 seconds and get stuc...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a free account for Spotify and since a week I started to have some issues playing my playlist on my smartphone (Android 6.0 - last spotify version installed)   From time to time, every ...
  • caszriel
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify switches to someone else's music

Was driving home from work today listening to Spotify on Android through my car speakers via bluetooth, and for 5 - 10 minutes, my playlist kept switching over to someone else's music. Every time I manually switched back to my playlist, it lasted for...

• Casual Listener
  • Was driving home from work today listening to Spotify on Android through my car speakers via bluetooth, and for 5 - 10 minutes, my playlist kept switching over to someone else's music. Every time I m...
  • caszriel
  • Composer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stop playing at start or end of song

I use spotify family on xiaomi redmi 4 android phone. Dutch subscription living in China. Many songs (not all) stop playing in on or off line mode, extreme quality, on my downloaded songs, albums or playlists. Every time it happens i need to press 'n...

• I use spotify family on xiaomi redmi 4 android phone. Dutch subscription living in China. Many songs (not all) stop playing in on or off line mode, extreme quality, on my downloaded songs, albums or ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Wear 2.0 app crashes phone app

When I select the Spotify app on my Moto 360 Sport, it crashes the app if it is running on my phone. I can control the music from the watch once the phone app is playing, but I can't launch Spotify from my watch. The phone is an LG G6. The watch app ...

• When I select the Spotify app on my Moto 360 Sport, it crashes the app if it is running on my phone. I can control the music from the watch once the phone app is playing, but I can't launch Spotify f...
  • Pressoholic
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    Android 7.0
    Android App
    Android LG G6
    android wear
    Android wear spotify app
    Android wearables
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify notification bar

There is usually that little bar on my notifications that allows me to change the song without going into app and now it is gone. Does anyone how to get it back?

• Casual Listener
  • There is usually that little bar on my notifications that allows me to change the song without going into app and now it is gone. Does anyone how to get it back?
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Improving Radio Station.

How the heck can I manually add artists or tracks to a Radio station? I really want to customize a radio station. I have an HTC One Max and use the spotify app for it, and I also use Windows Client. I have windows 7. Any help would be appreciated. I ...

• Casual Listener
  • How the heck can I manually add artists or tracks to a Radio station? I really want to customize a radio station. I have an HTC One Max and use the spotify app for it, and I also use Windows Client. ...
  • Mojaman
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Wiedergabe stoppt

Hallo, ich nutze Spotify Premium und habe mir mehrere Playlists angelegt. Zur Wiedergabe nutze ich meistens die Shuffle-Funktion. Dies hat auch immer funktioniert. Seit einigen Wochen stoppt die Wiedergabe jedoch ploetzlich. Es werden mehrere Songs g...

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo,   ich nutze Spotify Premium und habe mir mehrere Playlists angelegt. Zur Wiedergabe nutze ich meistens die Shuffle-Funktion.  Dies hat auch immer funktioniert.   Seit einige...
  • Schimpfle
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Music pauses randomly [Android]

I've had Spotify Premium on my phone for about 4 months now and within the last 4 days when I listen to music it will just randomly pause the music and the Spotify Icon in the notification bar dissapears, and the pause/play feature in the Notificatio...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had Spotify Premium on my phone for about 4 months now and within the last 4 days when I listen to music it will just randomly pause the music and the Spotify Icon in the notification ...
  • Loud_Amp
  • 1 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 23 likes

Solved!! Playlist skips to the first track, when starting with a later track.

When we start a playlist somewhere in the middle, to continue where we were yesterday, sometimes the playing stops after the track is finished and the focus skips to the first tyrack, sometimes pausing there, sometimes playing on from the beginning.H...

• Regular
  • When we start a playlist somewhere in the middle, to continue where we were yesterday, sometimes the playing stops after the track is finished and the focus skips to the first tyrack, sometimes pausi...
  • Thelodge
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Android app won't sync local files

I have Spotify on my Galaxy S7. It seems to have stopped syncing local files from my computer. It will sync files from the Spotify library, but not any of the files that are only on my PC. Is this feature no longer supported? This is something that h...

• Gig Goer
  • I have Spotify on my Galaxy S7. It seems to have stopped syncing local files from my computer. It will sync files from the Spotify library, but not any of the files that are only on my PC. Is this fe...
  • olken2000
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art not appearing

This may not seem like much of an issue, but it is still one of the consistently worse bugs that I have come across whilst using the Spotify app on Android, which is saying a lot considering the app being absolutely riddled with trivial errors that s...

• Casual Listener
  • This may not seem like much of an issue, but it is still one of the consistently worse bugs that I have come across whilst using the Spotify app on Android, which is saying a lot considering the app ...
  • Elzin_7
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Connect and Podcasts - only some devices?

So what's the deal with Spotify connect and podcasting? Is something **bleep** required to stream podcasts via Spotify connect? I ask because I can stream podcasts and music via Spotify connect to my audio pro addon c5 with no difficulty, but I can o...

• So what's the deal with Spotify connect and podcasting? Is something **bleep** required to stream podcasts via Spotify connect? I ask because I can stream podcasts and music via Spotify connect to my...
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes

Spotify stucks at the loading wheel on my android smartphpne

I am a premium user and I have a Xiaomi Redmi pro Omega supported by Android. The problem is that Spotify app stucks at the loading wheel, every time I play music and try to access other lists or settings, search etc. and I have to reboot my phone ev...

• I am a premium user and I have a Xiaomi Redmi pro Omega supported by Android. The problem is that Spotify app stucks at the loading wheel, every time I play music and try to access other lists o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bloquear música

Olá, vi que o spotify tem um botão (um círculo cortado ao meio) onde você clica e a música que você está ouvido é bloqueada. Apertei esse botão sem querer, tem como desfazer? Não lembro qual música eu escutava, sei é que foi sem intenção

• Olá, vi que o spotify tem um botão (um círculo cortado ao meio) onde você clica e a música que você está ouvido é bloqueada. Apertei esse botão sem querer, tem como desfazer? Não lembro qual música e...
  • giosaiter80
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Can't find Storage setting in apps

I have problem, I want to move my storage to SD card, but I can't find any storage setting in spotify apps on my phone, so what should I do?

• Regular
  • I have problem, I want to move my storage to SD card, but I can't find any storage setting in spotify apps on my phone, so what should I do?
  • FurBell
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

No aparece opcion de ecualizador

En la seccion de Calidad de la musica se supone deberia aparecer una opcion para ecualizador la cual no me aparece, Huawei Mate 9 lite

• En la seccion de Calidad de la musica se supone deberia aparecer una opcion para ecualizador la cual no me aparece, Huawei Mate 9 lite
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

SD card checking for errors and not closing Spotify before rebooting causing lost offline downloads

Has anyone else noticed that when you reboot your phone and you don't wait long enough for your your Android phone to "check for SD card errors" but instead go right into Spotify you end up unsyncing and therefore loose all you offlibe downloads? Als...

• Regular
  • Has anyone else noticed that when you reboot your phone and you don't wait long enough for your your Android phone to "check for SD card errors" but instead go right into Spotify you end up unsyncing...
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • lost downloads
    rebooting
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Wear app stuck on Connecting

Trying to start the app on my AW 2.8 watch just sits at Connecting screen and never opens the app on the phone. Any help appreciated.

• Trying to start the app on my AW 2.8 watch just sits at Connecting screen and never opens the app on the phone.   Any help appreciated.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lock Screen won't show Album Cover

When I played music from spotify and my screen was locked, it used to shw me a lock screen with the album cover that i was listening to, now it shows me only the widget from the notifications, I really like seeing that screen saver from sopitify, ple...

• Visitor
  • When I played music from spotify and my screen was locked, it used to shw me a lock screen with the album cover that i was listening to, now it shows me only the widget from the notifications, I real...
  • CalebKrick
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes