Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting music

How do I delete all me music at once I want to start fresh 

• How do I delete all me music at once I want to start fresh  
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cracking noise on all music. Galaxy S5

Hello, i hear cracking noise, specially whith a sound of drums in all music. This don't happen with other music player in my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i hear cracking noise, specially whith a sound of drums in all music. This don't happen with other music player in my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. Please help.
  • Catoo
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

View queue on Artist Radio

Am I mis-remembering? I'm sure I used to be able to view a list of next tracks to be played, while listening to Artist Radio, but now I can't.If I tap the up-arrow to the left of the simle playback controls, I can see a large image of the cover art f...

• Music Fan
  • Am I mis-remembering? I'm sure I used to be able to view a list of next tracks to be played, while listening to Artist Radio, but now I can't. If I tap the up-arrow to the left of the simle playback...
  • Andy_P
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

how to setup for wifi only

I have samsung s7 edge, have noticed once the wifi stopped during listening its continue sometimes on the cellular, sometimes not, how come? how I can 100% prevent spotify from using the cellular data. I want spotify to work only on wifi.

• Casual Listener
  • I have samsung s7 edge, have noticed once the wifi stopped during listening its continue sometimes on the cellular, sometimes not, how come? how I can 100% prevent spotify from using the cellular dat...
  • Peter87
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify on separate device interrupting

I often use spotify to play music at my apartment. It's often playing in the background for my wife and I to enjoy or sometimes even for our dogs while I'm away. Occasionally I want to listen to a podcast on my phone but still leave spotify playing o...

• Casual Listener
  • I often use spotify to play music at my apartment. It's often playing in the background for my wife and I to enjoy or sometimes even for our dogs while I'm away. Occasionally I want to listen to a po...
  • atlphenom
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "No storage area found"

Hi,Lately I've been having some trouble when opening spotify. Whenever I open it, it notifies me that there is "no storage area found". I've tried different solutions like uninstalling the app, removing the file android/data/com.spotify, I've cleared...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Lately I've been having some trouble when opening spotify. Whenever I open it, it notifies me that there is "no storage area found". I've tried different solutions like uninstalling the app, r...
  • arthilew
  • 77 replies
  • 12 likes
  • storage
  • 77 replies
  • 12 likes

Problem with Spotify

Every time after I download the songs and close the application and open again it appears that the songs are not downloaded and I just downloaded all. Please, help me

• Every time after I download the songs and close the application and open again it appears that the songs are not downloaded and I just downloaded all. Please, help me 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio interface on playlists

Hi. This is hard to explain, so I could'nt google the solution. I've recently got a new phone (Moto E4, Android 7.1.1, Spotify 8.4.35.152 armV7) and I have Spotify premium, family plan. When I try to play one of my private playlists I get the radio i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. This is hard to explain, so I could'nt google the solution. I've recently got a new phone (Moto E4, Android 7.1.1, Spotify 8.4.35.152 armV7) and I have Spotify premium, family plan. When I try to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bugs
    Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

album art not displaying correctly

Hi allI am using android auto via Samsung galaxy s8 connected via usb to my Kia optima Sportwagon 2017. When running Spotify it cuts off the top part of the album art. Any ideas or suggestions to resolve this. Please see attachment.

• Hi all I am using android auto via Samsung galaxy s8 connected via usb to my Kia optima Sportwagon 2017. When running Spotify it cuts off the top part of the album art. Any ideas or suggestions to r...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Play music folder

I dont found the option to play a folder.I can in desktop app but not in android.

• I dont found the option to play a folder. I can in desktop app but not in android.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums not downloading

I can't seem to download full albums anymore. Even my original albums that I have downloaded now only have 2 or 3 songs available to play. Has this happened to anyone else?

• I can't seem to download full albums anymore. Even my original albums that I have downloaded now only have 2 or 3 songs available to play. Has this happened to anyone else?
  • Ace_84
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Trouble Playing any album or song

Hey yall. I downloaded Spotify on my Android yesterday and when I search a particular song / album on the search bar, it refuses to play at all. Screenshot below. Please help.

• Hey yall. I downloaded Spotify on my Android yesterday and when I search a particular song / album on the search bar, it refuses to play at all. Screenshot below. Please help.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app no longer connects

Over the last week or so, my Spotify for Android app has become pretty much unusable. It no longer reliably reaches the Home or Browse tabs, it just gives a nondescript error that "something went wrong." For a couple of days I could fix it by restart...

• Regular
  • Over the last week or so, my Spotify for Android app has become pretty much unusable.  It no longer reliably reaches the Home or Browse tabs, it just gives a nondescript error that "something we...
  • Squeak21
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Almacenamiento FALSO SD

Hola, quiero informar de un problema que hace dificil disfrutar la aplicacion, nuevamente el Almacenamiento.A mi si me aparece el cambiar Almacenamiento a Micro SD, el problema viene cuando descargo mi musica, ya que utiliza la micro SD, Y TAMBIEN LA...

• Hola, quiero informar de un problema que hace dificil disfrutar la aplicacion, nuevamente el Almacenamiento. A mi si me aparece el cambiar Almacenamiento a Micro SD, el problema viene cuando descarg...
  • agustinmass95
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Put your music songs in a playlist

Is there a way on the app to put every song in my "your music" in a playlist?

• Is there a way on the app to put every song in my "your music" in a playlist?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Closing when opening other apps.

My spotify closes when I try to open other apps like Snapchat or a game where I want the music in the background. How do I keep Spotify on while using other apps that use/record sound as well?

• My spotify closes when I try to open other apps like Snapchat or a game where I want the music in the background.   How do I keep Spotify on while using other apps that use/record sound as wel...
  • tony1278
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist gone after changing to new phone

Please help, my playlist is gone after changing to new phone. Was on premium subscription. Cant find my playlist anymore ever since I've login again. Please help.

• Visitor
  • Please help, my playlist is gone after changing to new phone. Was on premium subscription. Cant find my playlist anymore ever since I've login again.    Please help.
  • avahofmann
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums won't download completely

About half of the albums I have downloaded now have a random amount of songs missing from them. If I search the album and click on it the songs are there and I can listen to them, but they won't download to my phone. I haven't really changed my usage...

• Casual Listener
  • About half of the albums I have downloaded now have a random amount of songs missing from them.  If I search the album and click on it the songs are there and I can listen to them, but they won'...
  • Dandroid4
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Onkyo DP X1A

Does the Spotify app for this portable digital music player allow one to listen to music offline?

• Does the Spotify app for this portable digital music player allow one to listen to music offline?
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Android homescreen widget is semi-useless as it is now?

Currently on Galaxy S7 Edge but have encountered this issue in several android phones. The widget goes blank after a while if music is not playing. This may be related to android ram management but Spotify should make it persistent (only the homescre...

• Casual Listener
  • Currently on Galaxy S7 Edge but have encountered this issue in several android phones. The widget goes blank after a while if music is not playing. This may be related to android ram management but S...
  • naroslife
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes