Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Again (?) no chromecast device listed on Android app

Two weeks ago, I posted that exact same problem that many users encountered (see below). Then it was solved by Spotify. And today I have the same problem occuring again... Someone else experiencing that ? My Chromecast does not appear in the list of ...

• Casual Listener
  • Two weeks ago, I posted that exact same problem that many users encountered (see below).  Then it was solved by Spotify.  And today I have the same problem occuring again... Someone else ex...
  • heusw
  • Casual Listener
  • 21 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify doesn't recognize any devices

This issue was marked solved on another thread with 149 comments and counting. Seems like the bug was fixed a couple weeks ago but it resurfaced in the past couple of days. I'm starting a new thread because I'm hoping someone sees it (they may be ign...

• Regular
  • This issue was marked solved on another thread with 149 comments and counting. Seems like the bug was fixed a couple weeks ago but it resurfaced in the past couple of days. I'm starting a new thread ...
  • BichoDoido
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 11 likes

Spotify Won't Play My Songs No Matter What I Do

I have this problem for months. When online, most of my songs (about %90) stop playing after 6-7 seconds. When i change the song and then go back, this time it doesnt start at all. I delete the song and redownload it and the problem is solved -for a ...

• I have this problem for months. When online, most of my songs (about %90) stop playing after 6-7 seconds. When i change the song and then go back, this time it doesnt start at all. I delete the song ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Chromecast not available in "connect devices" on Android

My Chromecast does not appear in the list of devices to connect to on the Spotify Android app (Galaxy Samsung S7). Other devices are listed (such as my PC). I can cast from all other apps (such as Netflix) from that same phone. I restarted everything...

• Casual Listener
  • My Chromecast does not appear in the list of devices to connect to on the Spotify Android app (Galaxy Samsung S7).  Other devices are listed (such as my PC).  I can cast from all other apps...
  • Maarten_verhart
  • Casual Listener
  • 168 replies
  • 30 likes
  • 168 replies
  • 30 likes

Spotify freezing

Once or more a day (I have premium and all my songs are downloaded to my device) (fully updated Samsung Galaxy s8+) either at the beginning or anywhere during a don't Spotify freezes and just sits there. I can't skip the song or do anything I have to...

• Casual Listener
  • Once or more a day (I have premium and all my songs are downloaded to my device) (fully updated Samsung Galaxy s8+) either at the beginning or anywhere during a don't Spotify freezes and just sits th...
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My songs in "songs" bank went missing

I did not change any set up. But then, suddenly the songs that I put into the "songs" bank went missing... restarting didn't fix the problem. Can someone please restore back my music...

• Casual Listener
  • I did not change any set up. But then, suddenly the songs that I put into the "songs" bank went missing... restarting didn't fix the problem. Can someone please restore back my music... 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Alexa Echo not listed in connected devices

Hi there, i searched for this but didnt find anything. i updated my spotify app in december 17, and since then my alexa doesnt appear in connected devices. i resetted my alexy, uninstalled spotify app. nothing worked.Anyone with same problems and got...

• Hi there,   i searched for this but didnt find anything. i updated my spotify app in december 17, and since then my alexa doesnt appear in connected devices. i resetted my alexy, uninstalled s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect no longer reliably finding devices

I am running Spotify on a Galaxy S6. The app is version 8.4.3.479 armv7. I'm paying for Spotify Premium. At home I gave two Google Home devices and one Googlecast Audio. Until about two months ago Spotify (on the S6) was fairly reliable in always sho...

• Casual Listener
  • I am running Spotify on a Galaxy S6. The app is version 8.4.3.479 armv7. I'm paying for Spotify Premium.    At home I gave two Google Home devices and one Googlecast Audio. Until about tw...
  • Danno81
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Cannot connect to (speaker) device

I am having trouble connecting to the home network hifi system with all devices that I use spotify on. This problem has not occurred before. Other apps are operating fine. The Yamaha amp reports, 'need Premium' on the screen. I have checked status of...

• Casual Listener
  • I am having trouble connecting to the home network hifi system with all devices that I use spotify on. This problem has not occurred before. Other apps are operating fine. The Yamaha amp reports, 'ne...
  • seebee
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Download Error reached maximum number of downloads

I have just received this message - Download Error You've reached the maximum number of downloads. Then goes on to download more please remove some existing downloads. I've done that but still get the error message? Tried restarting phone but that di...

• I have just received this message - Download Error You've reached the maximum number of downloads. Then goes on to download more please remove some existing downloads.   I've done that but sti...
  • Killerques
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Art wont show at all when i play songs

album art appears on browse and search but once i play them, the photos seem to disappear and it's very annoying. Already reinstalled, reboot, cleared cache, and everything. Once they become part of "recently played", album art disappears and doesnt ...

• Casual Listener
  • album art appears on browse and search but once i play them, the photos seem to disappear and it's very annoying. Already reinstalled, reboot, cleared cache, and everything.   Once they become...
  • OTofficial
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping songs/not playing?

On both my PC (Windows 10 with everything up-to-date) and on my android phone I've been having a LOT of issues. With my phone, songs will skip, pause or switch to weird songs that aren't even on my playlists (weird instrumentals by Zae Day?). On my P...

• Casual Listener
  • On both my PC (Windows 10 with everything up-to-date) and on my android phone I've been having a LOT of issues.   With my phone, songs will skip, pause or switch to weird songs that aren't eve...
  • Sennahoj
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No me aparece ninguna opción de Ecualizador

Anteriormente tenía una cuenta premium en la que en configuraciones aparecia en un apartado el ecualizador, ahora que tengo otra cuenta de igual forma premium ya no sale esa opción de ecualizador, la busque por otros lados pero no sale y me hace falt...

• Anteriormente tenía una cuenta premium en la que en configuraciones aparecia en un apartado el ecualizador, ahora que tengo otra cuenta de igual forma premium ya no sale esa opción de ecualizador, la...
  • Oso5
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes

can't get spotify to go online

galaxy s7. Just installed spotify. When I try to search for a song, it says that I am offline and need to go online before I can search. How to I get spotify to go online?

• Casual Listener
  • galaxy s7.  Just installed spotify.  When I try to search for a song, it says that I am offline and need to go online before I can search.  How to I get spotify to go online?
  • asinarrgh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution mess of screens

every time I switch from one screen to another the Spotify bug.reopen the application resolves.My phone is Moto G5s Plus.I removed the Android navigation bar.Plix fix the bug.

• every time I switch from one screen to another the Spotify bug. reopen the application resolves. My phone is Moto G5s Plus. I removed the Android navigation bar. Plix fix the bug.
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline -

Hi - my message is " you are currently set to offline - go online to connect to spotify" but I can't login to do that . when I hit "connect' just comes up w same message.. how do I login if it keeps telling me I'm offline

• Hi - my message is " you are currently set to offline - go online to connect to spotify" but I can't login to do that . when I hit "connect' just comes up w same message.. how do  I login if it ...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes