Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Chose where storage my music

Hey! Lately I been experimenting problems with my spotify app, and the problem is that I don't have any button to chose where my downloaded music goes as you can see in the picture, I have an micro Sd on my cellphone and i want to save all the music ...

• Hey! Lately I been experimenting problems with my spotify app, and the problem is that I don't have any button to chose where my downloaded music goes as you can see in the picture, I have an micro S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium: How do I stop shuffle being default

Premium user: I don't want to listen to albums on shuffle. I often forget to unclick shuffle. How do I change the default setting to NOT shuffle my music every time I open soptify on my phone/computer. It's driving me mad, where can I change this?

• Premium user: I don't want to listen to albums on shuffle. I often forget to unclick shuffle. How do I change the default setting to NOT shuffle my music every time I open soptify on my phone/compute...
  • Bmcnelis
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 25 likes
  • Premium
    shuffle
  • 3 replies
  • 25 likes

Huawei mediapad t3 7-inch

I recently bought a 7-inch Huawei mediapad t3 tablet. I downloaded the app from the store, but it works like my device was a smartphone and not a tablet. How can I solve the problem? Thank you

• I recently bought a 7-inch Huawei mediapad t3 tablet. I downloaded the app from the store, but it works like my device was a smartphone and not a tablet. How can I solve the problem? Thank you
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Off line Playlists gone after phone turnoff

Hi, i have a motorola G3, i dont turn the phone off often only if it starts playing up, but if i do i have to download offline playlists again every time after switching it off, very annoying.should i have to do this ?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i have a motorola G3, i dont turn the phone off often only if it starts playing  up, but if i do i have to download offline playlists again every time after switching it off, very annoying. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Repeat one disables itself

Hi, Repeat one functionality disables itself after I change the song. It works fine for one song, but does not persist for the next song. For example, when I turn it on while listening to song X, song X keeps repeating, which is fine. But then, if I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Repeat one functionality disables itself after I change the song. It works fine for one song, but does not persist for the next song. For example, when I turn it on while listening to so...
  • midsummerish
  • 14 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Repeat one
  • 14 replies
  • 6 likes

How to listen to the original albums?

Remixes and the 'reimagined' albums are all very well but what if you want to listen to the origanal, in its origanal order not 'shuffle play' ?

• Regular
  • Remixes and the 'reimagined'  albums are all very well but what if you want to listen to the origanal, in its origanal order not 'shuffle play' ? 
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Devices not visible from Android

The Android phone is visible as a device from my desktop clients but the desktop clients are not visible on the phone unless I start listening to music on one of them. Then I can see the client and control it from the phone. But I can't initiate play...

• Roadie
  • The Android phone is visible as a device from my desktop clients but the desktop clients are not visible on the phone unless I start listening to music on one of them. Then I can see the client ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • devices missing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Opção de armazenamento no SD Card sumiu

Boa noite pessoal.Tenho spotify premium family, e percebi que o app não está mais armazenando no cartão SD como antes da atualização.Fui até Biblioteca>Configurar e lá não aparece NENHUMA opção para trocar o local do Armazenamento de playlists.Alguma...

• Boa noite pessoal. Tenho spotify premium family, e percebi que o app não está mais armazenando no cartão SD como antes da atualização. Fui até Biblioteca>Configurar e lá não aparece NENHUMA ...
  • Jhfdc_08
  • 16 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 15 likes

Spotify premium always showing offline even with WiFi connection

I recently upgraded my phone to a Samsung galaxy s8+ and ever since I installed Spotify it shows as offline even when I have a WiFi connection. I tried restarting my phone, deleting and reinstalling the Spotify app and neither have worked. I also con...

• I recently upgraded my phone to a Samsung galaxy s8+ and ever since I installed Spotify it shows as offline even when I have a WiFi connection. I tried restarting my phone, deleting and reinstalling ...
  • diegomatallanae
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume reduces after a second of playback

When I play a track on Spotify, within a second of playback, the volume reduces from a clear, loud, crisp sound to a quieter, muffled, dull sound. This happens on any track I select and it also happen when playback occurs through my device speakers, ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I play a track on Spotify, within a second of playback, the volume reduces from a clear, loud, crisp sound to a quieter, muffled, dull sound. This happens on any track I select and it also happe...
  • diegomatallanae
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Songs repeat every time I shuffle

I recently moved from premium to free. I loved the shuffle on premium...but since I moved to free I've heard the same half a dozen songs at least every time I shuffle in my main playlist. It's not repeating everything, but I can guarantee that Peter ...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently moved from premium to free. I loved the shuffle on premium...but since I moved to free I've heard the same half a dozen songs at least every time I shuffle in my main playlist. It's not re...
  • Kjkuhle-us
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Mercedes C-Class (W205) - Track Info does not sync with phone (Redmi Note 4)

I have the above-mentioned problem. The music is streamed to the car audio via bluetooth. But, the track info does not display on the car display screen. It will only work when I restart the phone every time. I couldn't figure what caused the problem...

• I have the above-mentioned problem. The music is streamed to the car audio via bluetooth. But, the track info does not display on the car display screen. It will only work when I restart the phone ev...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • display
    Mercedes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Play Queue has Disappeared

The icon for the play queue has disappeared from Spotify on my Motorola Moto G4 Plus. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, to no avail. Can anyone suggest how I can restore the play queue icon?

• Casual Listener
  • The icon for the play queue has disappeared from Spotify on my Motorola Moto G4 Plus. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, to no avail. Can anyone suggest how I can restore the play queue icon?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Play queue
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Android closes after a second on Xperia XZ1

I´m using the Android app of Spotify on my new phone Xperia XZ1.Since the latest upgrade the app open and in one second it closesSpotify is still running if I view all running apps. I have tried:- Delete data- Clear cache - Uninstall app - Spotify is...

• Visitor
  • I´m using the Android app of Spotify on my new phone Xperia XZ1. Since the latest upgrade the app open and in one second it closes Spotify is still running if I view all running apps.   ...
  • PeterSweden
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Cannot LOG OUT of Last FM. Wrong username or password error

Months ago I stupidly enabled 'Scrobble to Last.FM'. I entered my username and password for Last FM very carefully. It was accepted. two days later I decided NOT to scrobble. I went to the Spotify page on my phone (Android) and toggled OFF scrobbling...

• Regular
  • Months ago I stupidly enabled 'Scrobble to Last.FM'. I entered my username and password for Last FM very carefully. It was accepted. two days later I decided NOT to scrobble. I went to the Spotify pa...
  • Menti
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • last.fm
    Switch
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

'Click' ads on Spotify free

Perhaps this has been posted somewhere, but I keep running into click ads on the Free Android app. Super annoying because music stops and forces me to click to a website. I'm fine with the radio ads, that don't force stoppage. I've tried full reinsta...

• Perhaps this has been posted somewhere, but I keep running into click ads on the Free Android app. Super annoying because music stops and forces me to click to a website. I'm fine with the radio ads,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App not working correctly on Samsung Galaxy S8

So I've been using the app fine, up until I was trying to follow a friend. She mentioned the ability to follow other users and there was no option on the app for that. A friend that has a different Android phone showed me what the Spotify app looked ...

• Visitor
  • So I've been using the app fine, up until I was trying to follow a friend. She mentioned the ability to follow other users and there was no option on the app for that. A friend that has a different A...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs not showing.

I have a couple of playlists that I have downloaded all the songs, about 1700 songs in total. I am often out of coverage, so need these downloads. Today when I went into the downloaded playlist, the songs were in the playlist however instead of havin...

• I have a couple of playlists that I have downloaded all the songs, about 1700 songs in total. I am often out of coverage, so need these downloads.   Today when I went into the downloaded playl...
  • TheMonarch86
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 9 likes

Se cierra

Hace tres días que cuando intento abrir spotify se me cierra inesperadamente a los 2 segundos desde mi s5 y no lo puedo usar. Tengo el servicio pago y no me esta sirviendo... ya intente desinstalaandolo y volviéndolo a instalar...reiniciando el celul...

• Hace tres días que cuando intento abrir spotify se me cierra inesperadamente a los 2 segundos desde mi s5 y no lo puedo usar. Tengo el servicio pago y no me esta sirviendo... ya intente desinstalaand...
  • Davisil04
  • 10 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 17 likes