Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wouldn't play on my car stereo

I couldn't play Spotify through my car stereo after getting a new phone. Turned out I could only have one device connected to my car for audio (and 4 for calls) so I deleted all other devices (as not needed and can pair again if I do) and when I conn...

• I couldn't play Spotify through my car stereo after getting a new phone. Turned out I could only have one device connected to my car for audio (and 4 for calls) so I deleted all other devices (as not...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Very high consumption of cell data since January

Hi! This month I noticed (when I received a message from the service provider that the consumption was exceeded), that Spotify used much more cell data in the background than before. I have not changed the way and habits I use Spotify, and I know my ...

• Hi!   This month I noticed (when I received a message from the service provider that the consumption was exceeded), that Spotify used much more cell data in the background than before. I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't use spotify without wifi but want to use my own mobile data only... Help

Just uploaded spotify on my Oppo A57 and can only use it on Wi-Fi but when I leave my house I want to be able to use my own mobile data but keeps telling me I have no internet connection but I have my own data and can't figure out how to use it with ...

• Casual Listener
  • Just uploaded spotify on my Oppo A57 and can only use it on Wi-Fi but when I leave my house I want to be able to use my own mobile data but keeps telling me I have no internet connection but I have m...
  • Mel72
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why does Spotify play every search result?

When I search for a specific song, Spotify will play the song, and after, continue to play the rest of the search results, which is either different versions of the same song or songs that have similar names. Why? Why would anyone want that feature a...

• Casual Listener
  • When I search for a specific song, Spotify will play the song, and after, continue to play the rest of the search results, which is either different versions of the same song or songs that have simil...
  • Googi
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync with Samsung j7

Can someone please tell me how I sync my play lists from to my phone Samsung j7 pro

• Can someone please tell me how I sync my play lists from to my phone Samsung j7 pro  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution ¿Cuenta Premium sin modo aleatorio?

Tengo una cuenta Premium y siempre me reproduce en modo aleatorio desde mi Android.He probado a quitar las flechas que se cruzan, pero aún así no lo consigo. Sigue reproduciendo Modo AleatorioQué puedo hacer?Gracias!

• Tengo una cuenta Premium y siempre me reproduce en modo aleatorio desde mi Android. He probado a quitar las flechas que se cruzan, pero aún así no lo consigo. Sigue reproduciendo Modo Aleatorio ...
  • nemodoc
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Desacordo no volume do som de uma faixa para outra

Boa tarde, Tenhou usado Spotity para fazer o som no local de trabalho, so que algumas faixas tem causado transtorno, pois tem um volume muito maior que as outras da playlist, outras tem o som muito baixo que nem fica possivel ouvir, exemplo as faixas...

• Boa tarde, Tenhou usado Spotity para fazer o som no local de trabalho, so que algumas faixas tem causado transtorno, pois tem um volume muito maior que as outras da playlist, outras tem o som muito b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot sync local files to Samsung phone

Hello!Previously I have been able to sync the local files I have on my desktop to my phone, but a while ago they unsynced and since then I have been unable to resync them. What happens when I make a playlist and download it on my phone is that it wil...

• Hello! Previously I have been able to sync the local files I have on my desktop to my phone, but a while ago they unsynced and since then I have been unable to resync them. What happens when I ...
  • Shah94
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android app only loading the first 100 songs from playlist in queue when connected to CC.

I have a chromecast audio, when connected, I try to play a playlist with over 100 songs but something weird happens. If I start playing song number 101 from the list on the chromecast speakers, it will only load that song in the queue and the app sto...

• I have a chromecast audio, when connected, I try to play a playlist with over 100 songs but something weird happens. If I start playing song number 101 from the list on the chromecast speakers, ...
  • rafamota
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    chromecast audio
    queue
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Álbum dissapeared

Whats The reason about The dissapearing of The castlevania lords of shadow 2 álbum???

• Casual Listener
  • Whats The reason about The dissapearing of The castlevania lords of shadow 2 álbum???
  • Saidfer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify taking up so much space on my phone?

Within the Spotify app, I have all my music set to download to my SD card, so why is the app itself taking up over 3GB of internal storage? my phone only has 5GB of internal storage and I really need this for other things. Any ideas? Cheers.

• Casual Listener
  • Within the Spotify app, I have all my music set to download to my SD card, so why is the app itself taking up over 3GB of internal storage? my phone only has 5GB of internal storage and I really need...
  • csassz88
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Don't receive ANY notifications

Hi Community! I don't receive any Spotify notifications on my new Android phone (Pixel 2). The feature never worked so far, although notifications are turned on within the app settings as well as in the phone settings. Has anyone experienced the same...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Community!   I don't receive any Spotify notifications on my new Android phone (Pixel 2). The feature never worked so far, although notifications are turned on within the app settings as we...
  • teutoburger
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening History On Mobile Devices

Using the Android app. I tried the free version a while ago then left it. I came back to it recently and bought premium. However I have a load of music in my history I never played and it is stuff I hate. It is heavily influencing recommended songs e...

• Visitor
  • Using the Android app. I tried the free version a while ago then left it. I came back to it recently and bought premium. However I have a load of music in my history I never played and it is stuff I ...
  • JimNagasawa
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No storage option in Android 7.1.1 with encrypted external microSD

Hello.I have an Xperia XZ with Android 7.1.1 and encrypted external 128GB A1 SanDisk microSD.I don't have problems with others apps but can't see storage option in Spotify last version (although I allowed all permissions, I think the app would ask fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I have an Xperia XZ with Android 7.1.1 and encrypted external 128GB A1 SanDisk microSD. I don't have problems with others apps but can't see storage option in Spotify last version (although ...
  • TSGblue
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing song from album

There is a missing song from this album https://open.spotify.com/album/0bnqHGVYetX6hFfBDn2wyO?si=QWgs0G4lSr-Y5CcMhPwLdg The song is "heartlight" I am a spotify customer from Chile

• Casual Listener
  • There is a missing song from this album   https://open.spotify.com/album/0bnqHGVYetX6hFfBDn2wyO?si=QWgs0G4lSr-Y5CcMhPwLdg   The song is "heartlight"  I am a spotify customer from ...
  • Mgamer
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Heartlight
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Redownload all playlists

Hello everyone. Been currently using spotify as my main music player. I already made my own playlist compiled with my favorite songs. i have been a Premium Member since January 2016. As i notice everytime my premium member ends, when i become premium...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone. Been currently using spotify as my main music player. I already made my own playlist compiled with my favorite songs. i have been a Premium Member since January 2016. As i notice ever...
  • sirfunk3
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! PLAY intent doesn't work

Hi there,I'm trying to start the play button with an intent with tasker.The "NEXT" intent works fine but the "PLAY" intent doesn't work at all.Action: com.spotify.mobile.android.ui.widget.PLAYPackage: com.spotify.musicTarget: broadcast receiverAndroi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I'm trying to start the play button with an intent with tasker. The "NEXT" intent works fine but the "PLAY" intent doesn't work at all. Action: com.spotify.mobile.android.ui.widget.P...
  • MyNameIsJuren
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Car
    car listening
    Intent play
    Play
    Play Button
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't connect through mobile data, but works fine through WiFi

Hi,After the last update Spotify will no longer work when the phone is working on mobile data. It says that there is no connection (all other apps are working fine) however it works perfectly fine when I connect to any WiFi. I have checked with other...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, After the last update Spotify will no longer work when the phone is working on mobile data. It says that there is no connection (all other apps are working fine) however it works perfectly fine ...
  • KM761
  • Casual Listener
  • 23 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
  • 23 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Imported iTunes Playlist - most tracks greyed out.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (UK), Android 7.1.1 (fully up to date).Spotify version: 8.4.35.152 armV7 I recently switched from Apple Music to Spotify Premium. I imported a 1600+ song iTunes playlist into the Windows 10 spotify app and everything was...

• Casual Listener
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (UK), Android 7.1.1 (fully up to date). Spotify version: 8.4.35.152 armV7   I recently switched from Apple Music to Spotify Premium. I imported a 1600+ song iTun...
  • Runebinder
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes