Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem trying to save my music into my sd

Problem trying to save my music into my sd

Hi all,

I have a spotify premium account and when i try to use my sd storage to save the music of Spotify i have a notification :We couldnt move your data. There might be something wrong with your SD card. Check permissions and try again.

I tried everything. I uninstalled spotify, cleaned everything about cache, files on Android=>Data, etc. But it show me always the same message.

Anyone have any idea?

15 Replies

Do you have a card reader to be able to put the SD Card into a PC and try running scandisk to check for errors?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I am at work now and i cant do it right now. But when i go home ill try it.

Thanks!

Hello,

I did it but it stills failing. There was no error on my sd but i repair it anyways. I uninstalled spotify again, deleted cache and the elements from android => data but it still giving the same error message...

My smartphone is a BQ Aquaris E5.

What android version is your device running? It could be your device permissions

Android Troubleshooting:

Its 4.4.2, kernel 3.4.67 and i selected card sd as default storage. I had no problem with others app, just with spotify.

Hmm, according to the bq website your phone should be on 5.1...

http://www.bq.com/aquaris-x5

Can you check and update as kitkat was notorious for issues writing to the sd card.

Android Troubleshooting:

I have contacted with them and they answered me they are working in the lollipop version for my phone. But they dont have a prediction date.

So i cant upgrade my phone to the next version of android until they develope it. 

They need to update their website 🙂

I have a feeling the issue you are encountering is due to a flaw in Android KitKat... I'm afraid I think you need to await an update from the phone manufacturer.

Android Troubleshooting:

I have the same problem, Vodafone prime 6 with android 5.0.2, SD card 32gbs.

What can I do?

I've been having the same problem I have a premium account when I try to download songs my phone doesn't show any error message and I have selected my SD card for my primary storage but when I go to my file manager on my phone none of the songs I downloaded are there I have a Alcatel one touch fierce xl running 5.1 why don't my songs download

So it seems that doesnt depends of the android version... How is that possible? I have selected my SD as main storage too, but its impossible.

Still having same problem or its solved? I cant move my music to my sd yet...

If i uninstall Spotify, erase manually any data/folders, reinstall, move installation to SD, then the downloaded files go to SD.

But, when I restart the phone, suddenly the files are not downloaded to SD again...

The problem still persists...

@fbonito Have you checked the storage location set in the Spotify app settings???

Android Troubleshooting:

After uninstall, manual erase all files, reboot, install Spotify, move Spotify to SD, the app let's me change the download location to SD.

After reboot, the download location changes to phone, then, when I try to change the location to SD, again, the programming says that it can't save to SD

Suggested posts