Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems since day 1

Problems since day 1

Recently, couple months ago, started using the Android app.  When it works I like it a lot.  But thats the problem, its WHEN it works.

I am constantly turning the wifi on and back off on the device, sometimes it will load, sometimes not.  Black screen.  I leave my home network, it stops working after pausing.  I turn the phone on away from wifi, sometimes it loads, and sometimes not.  Continual hassles, I just want to listen on the go.  I have a Premium subscription.

I'm on a Droid 3.  Granted, I have a huge number of playlists and tracks.  I don't want to delete them all just to find out whether it will improve performance.  I've sync'd a lot of playlists, including a ton of local files. 

Is there a short expanation as to the problems I've experienced?  This is really frustrating.

4 Replies

Assuming I found the right model, the Droid 3 was released in 2011, correct? If that's the case, then unfortunately I think that your phone is simply too old for the newest versions of Spotify. You could try rolling back to an older version of Spotify, but that may break the app for its own reasons. Other than that, the only thing I can suggest is a clean install.

1. From the home screen, tap Settings > Apps.
  2. Find Spotify in your list of apps.
  3. If you're able to, tap Clear Data and Clear Cache.
  4. Tap Uninstall to remove the app.
  5. Turn your device off and then back on.
  6. Open Google Play then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

Sorry I don't have any better news for you. 

Thanks for the quick reply.

Android 2.3.4

Spotify version 1.2.5.3

If I clear the data, will I have to re-download the music I've synced? 

This seems to be a quite old version.

You will have to resync everything, yes. And like I said, I'm not even sure that will help.

Seemed to help.  After restarting the phone, it "only" took a minute or so to start up, another minute to resync the playlists.  But, yes, I do have to re-download.  May have issues with my SD card now, it shows less space available than it shoud.

Suggested posts