Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Question about mp3 size and horribly slow syncing on my android phone.

Question about mp3 size and horribly slow syncing on my android phone.

Hello, I'm using premium trial so i have few questions about it.

I'd like ask u how many mp3's can take my 16 GB SDcard with 96/160/320 bitrate by syncing them offline.

For now I'm syncing my starred playlist (2050 tracks) at low kbps (96) . My net is 2MB/s (yes, MB)  a after 30 minutes spotify only downloaded 134 tracks.

Why is it going so slow?!?!

Thanks god I'm using trial, because i wouldn't never pay for it 

11 Replies

File size is the bit-rate multiplied by the song length. So 16 GB divided by 96/160/320 kbits/s will tell you how many seconds of music it can hold.

For 96 you can hold 1,333,333 seconds, for 160 800,000 seconds and for 320 400,000 seconds. Given that the avarge song length is 3 minutes (though depends on what genres you listen to), you can hold approximately 7,407 songs, 4,444 songs, and 2,222 songs respectively, although you will want to assume less.

134 songs at 96 kbit/s after 30 minutes means you are downloading at  aproximately 1.2 kilobytes per second, which is unrealistically slow. You should be getting one or two thousand times as fast. No idea why it would be so slow.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Interesting... can you tell me how u did it?

My math is a bit different:

30 mins > ? seconds =  30*60 > 1800

then 1800 seconds : 134 songs = 13 seconds

So downloading 1 mp3 takes 13 seconds. It's still slow.

Btw. What can happen if i will stop syncing ( by turning off wi-fi)? Will I be able to listen already downloaded tracks?

So 2050 song was downloaded after 6 house... at 96 kbps.

It's a big shame Spotify.

It could be down to your ISP or wifi if it downloads significantly quicker over 3G/4G?

Nope, my Wi-Fi is okay. Keep trying

So Spotify team is poor and doesn't know why their app is slow syncing... ehh it's normal I see.

We're just other spotify users. If you want official support, you can use the online contact form and someone at Spotify will help. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Well.  My problem is the same like here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Music-saving-to-SD-card-is-very-slow-vs-internal-memory...

Of course, there is no solution.

Let me bump

Just get in touch with spotify support as I said above please.

Suggested posts